Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 12 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Mon 26 Dec 2016 5:35PM

I like Young Johnny, Super Ugar and the Vuj.......Still think Hoff is a weak link (however his tackle in injury time in the box on the Barber was outstanding). Hoole might need to be used as an impact player........We played good but 2 soft goals (Thanks Boogs)......Special mention to the Croatian in the middle and Brown. Noddy looked cooked after 20 minutes.....TheBoot should have finish better, Mullen gave me a scare few times, did Clut play?....Duncan solid....My Willy in 10 minutes tried to impress the President. .....#JonesIn
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    I like Young Johnny, Super Ugar and the Vuj.......Still think Hoff is a weak link (however his tackle in injury time in the box on the Barber was outstanding). Hoole might need to be used as an impact player........We played good but 2 soft goals (Thanks Boogs)......Special mention to the Croatian in the middle and Brown. Noddy looked cooked after 20 minutes.....TheBoot should have finish better, Mullen gave me a scare few times, did Clut play?....Duncan solid....My Willy in 10 minutes tried to impress the President. .....#JonesIn
    this post is full of correct and good things except for the Hoole bit. Bloke was having a dig the full 90.
    still though, everyone should read this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Browns flick onto nabbout was class. Personally i think we should be expecting more from brown. Too harsh?

Vujica was schooled by Barborouses today. Directly responsible for the first and out of position for the second. All the Nix had was Barborouses taking on Vujica.

Cowburn offers more in defence and should be starting.

Hoole was honking in the first half and outstanding in the 2nd. The only player with legs at the end.

Nabbout was out on his feet in the last 20mins and should have been subbed.

Duncan improving
    Hoff. Remember when hammering Hoff to consider who is in front of him. I think when you consider that you might think better of him
    Mullen: solid
    Boogaard: not coming off either by his own choice or coach's orders cost us two goals. Until hurt he was excellent
    Vujica: good game but should have scored. Placement over power!
    Poljak: working well with Uga. Good to watch today
    Uga: very good game
    Brown: another full on effort but he drifts wide too much for me. I think he's better when central
    Hoole: from zero to hero in 2.1 seconds. Frustrating. Still want him benched. Can't cross. Corners are poor.
    Clut: busy, busy busy. Not as involved on the ball but worked damn hard off it.
    Nabbout: hot and cold tonight but worth his spot
    Nobby: we are far more dangerous when he is on the park. Excellent half from him.
    Katroumbis: learning fast. Sign him!
    No No Good : Jones brought him on 5 min too late. We needed fresh legs with 10 to go, not 5 to go.
    Jones: doing well but hesitant with changes. He has them playing better. Fitting Kokko in will be a challenge but Kokko needs to play. We need a goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Too harsh?
    dude, its the foz.
    if you aint out here lobbing grenades then 'the hell are you here for?

give it 15 mins someone will pin this directly on BK's shoulders.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

one thing i noticed tonight was a total lack of good old fashioned 'crossing' into the box. it def seemed like the plan as (esp in the first half) the forward players werent bombing towards goal when the wide men had the ball at their feet. It looked like players were happy to play quick short passes back in or recycle possession rather than chuck it in and hope for the best.

i don't mind this approach esp as it seems our forwards aren't dominant in the air.

Although Hoole put one square on Nobbys bonce with 10 to go and he headed wide and it was awful.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Plague, where you been? We haven't been able to cross for years if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Plague, where you been? We haven't been able to cross for years if ever.
    oh i know we 'cant', it just seemed to me that we werent even thinking about it tonight. it might (again) be Jones coaching the team to hide the flaws and get things done a different way. again, if its coaching, the blokes deserves some dap.
    Seems like I am WRONG

What about when we got that free kick later in second half and Hoole took it quickly, ball went 5 meters back on other side of the pitch and a throw against us!!!!..... FFS
    Dare to Zlatan

Hoole Could score 40 goals in a season and people here would be saying he should have scored 50 goals.
    The kid ran his heart out today, broke down a few Wellington plays as well as making some good runs, passes and scoring a wonderful goal.
    There is absolutely no way he should be on the bench. Deserves his starting spot and is showing solid improvement every week.
    People need to get behind him.

Banned
    What about when we got that free kick later in second half and Hoole took it quickly, ball went 5 meters back on other side of the pitch and a throw against us!!!!..... FFS
    Was his goal a great first time shot that caught the keeper out as it gave him no time to react or did he try controlling the ball from Nordstrand and knocked it a little too far forward and it went in by accident??

Hard to tell with Hoole.

Hard to tell

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hoole Could score 40 goals in a season and people here would be saying he should have scored 50 goals.
    The kid ran his heart out today, broke down a few Wellington plays as well as making some good runs, passes and scoring a wonderful goal.
    There is absolutely no way he should be on the bench. Deserves his starting spot and is showing solid improvement every week.
    weve been behind for years. He isnt doing anything he wasnt doing 3 years ago. Better aleague players have had less chances the Hoole
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Was his goal a great first time shot that caught the keeper out as it gave him no time to react or did he try controlling the ball from Nordstrand and knocked it a little too far forward and it went in by accident??

Hard to tell with Hoole.

Hard to tell
    Would have to watch it again.... 5 5 5
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hoole could not score 40 goals.... lol
    Dare to Zlatan

Hoole could not score 40 goals.... lol
    couldnt even score 5 (now that ive said that he'll get a double next week)
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I agree with these points. I am on record praising Jones for the change in playing style.

If somehow he can work out how to get Nobby to set up goals for Nobby then not only will he be a genius but we might actually win some games.

Also, Griff.
    But the only change he has made in the last three weeks is to change back to the exact same formation and line-up (with the exception of Vujica) that Miller had them playing in the pre-season. He wasted six weeks making formation changes and playing players out of position, and now he's a genius (nearly) for going back to what the last gaffer had them doing.

I'll give him credit for getting the team to play out the full 90 minutes which is something they've struggled to do of late but the rest of the changes are simply a case of "back to the future".

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    weve been behind for years. He isnt doing anything he wasnt doing 3 years ago. Better aleague players have had less chances the Hoole
    He's scoring goals

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    He's scoring goals
    It's not enough. He needs to score more goals, fix the economy, and bring peace to the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Also:

ATTN: Hawk.

I had a good time tonight.

Hawk, did you have a good time?

I hear thats important.
    We are here for good times......winning is a bonus and tonite was ok. Pappa's got a brand new bag...good god.....turn me loose