Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous People Death Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Screech is dead.
    Yeah! Poor bloke..
    Apparently he was diagnosed with cancer only three weeks ago!! Pretty crazy..

Tennis legend Tony Trabert.

Christopher Plummer too.

Christopher Plummer too.
    Never a fan of the Sound of Music.
    He'll always be General Chang to me
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Erections at half mast today lads. Larry Flynt founder of Hustler magazine has died.

Rush Limbaugh dead. This news is making a large portion of people happy today, I just hope he knew the legacy he was leaving before he died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Magnificent.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Rush Limbaugh dead. This news is making a large portion of people happy today, I just hope he knew the legacy he was leaving before he died.
    Despicable human being. **** him.
    The real humour out of all this are dickheads celebrating the death of a man using the justification that he celebrated the death of other people.
    Yes, that makes those prople just as big grubs as he was.

You could have that conversation with them but they are too stupid to get it.

They all deserve each other.

Also, sorry hippies, but he's not down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Despicable human being. **** him.
    The real humour out of all this are dickheads celebrating the death of a man using the justification that he celebrated the death of other people.
    Yes, that makes those prople just as big grubs as he was.

You could have that conversation with them but they are too stupid to get it.

They all deserve each other.

Also, sorry hippies, but he's not down here.
    Yeah nah, this ain't it GOP. The equivalent exchange for what Limbaugh did to people would be wishing for his death whilst he was still alive, which I'm sure a large amount of unhealthy people did. Celebrating his death doesn't affect him or likely his supporters at all, him celebrating the death of AIDS victims ruined 1000s of lives by destroying families and support networks for vulnerable people. I get that you're trying to be all high and mighty on this one and own people for being hypocrites, but one outburst of negative emotions doesn't have anywhere near the same weight as the affects that turgid sack of cowshit had on the US and it's dimwitted "middle America".

For clarification, I'm not celebrating his death either, he's had no real affect on my life whatsoever. I do however think the world might just be a better place without him in it anymore, especially if a portion of people who didn't understand the negative affects his words had, realise so now and learn to tune out from these media personalities and create their opinions based on fact, or at least try to make their legacy something that isn't mocked and despised like Rush did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah nah, this ain't it GOP. The equivalent exchange for what Limbaugh did to people would be wishing for his death whilst he was still alive, which I'm sure a large amount of unhealthy people did. Celebrating his death doesn't affect him or likely his supporters at all, him celebrating the death of AIDS victims ruined 1000s of lives by destroying families and support networks for vulnerable people. I get that you're trying to be all high and mighty on this one and own people for being hypocrites, but one outburst of negative emotions doesn't have anywhere near the same weight as the affects that turgid sack of cowshit had on the US and it's dimwitted "middle America".

For clarification, I'm not celebrating his death either, he's had no real affect on my life whatsoever. I do however think the world might just be a better place without him in it anymore, especially if a portion of people who didn't understand the negative affects his words had, realise so now and learn to tune out from these media personalities and create their opinions based on fact, or at least try to make their legacy something that isn't mocked and despised like Rush did.
    My overall point was my only point.
    People are happy a guy died.
    A guy was happy when other people died.
    Insert Spiderman meme here.

Ill let all y'all draw your lines on where your justification is.Im not interested.

Absolute perfection.. hahaha

Could probs put this in the music thread too...

Michael Gudinski has passed away overnight.

RIP the English monarchy. You had a good innings, but it seemed life was moving just a little too fast for you towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    RIP the English monarchy. You had a good innings, but it seemed life was moving just a little too fast for you towards the end.
    Huh?
    Because some asshole Royal may have made a comment regarding a babies skin colour?
    You know there are at least 4 billion examples of the same family caught on camera making infinitely more racially inappropriate comments yet no one cares.

Oprah aint bringing down the royals. The Queens eventual death will change things for sure, but William and his kids will pick up the slack and things will keep chugging along.

When the Queen dies and Charles becomes king that is the time to reignite the Australian republic debate. Im in favour of separating from the monarchy, but im not in favour of the same assholes that gave us Rudd, Shorten and Christopher Pyne being in control of who picks the ultimate power in this country.

Explain to me a good system, ill vote for it.

RIP Murray Walker, the greatest of all the F1 commentators

Huh?
    Because some asshole Royal may have made a comment regarding a babies skin colour?
    You know there are at least 4 billion examples of the same family caught on camera making infinitely more racially inappropriate comments yet no one cares.

Oprah aint bringing down the royals. The Queens eventual death will change things for sure, but William and his kids will pick up the slack and things will keep chugging along.

When the Queen dies and Charles becomes king that is the time to reignite the Australian republic debate. Im in favour of separating from the monarchy, but im not in favour of the same assholes that gave us Rudd, Shorten and Christopher Pyne being in control of who picks the ultimate power in this country.

The Australia Act (1986) essentially makes the Queens position a token one at best.

I'd prefer a token monarchy like we have over a republic.

The reason being donor classes have too much influence in policy decisions as it is - I wouldn't want to grant them even more.

Huh? Because some asshole Royal may have made a comment regarding a babies skin colour?
    Nope, not that at all. I don't even think the latest round of reports are necessarily worse than any other. They sure as sh|t aren't worse than the allegations facing Prince Andrew.

I just think the Meghan & Harry brouhaha, and the ongoing retaliations it will spark, will push the public's tolerance past a tipping point. They'll start to ask "why the farque are these losers our leaders?" with a much high frequency.

The 1999 model was fine. It's akin to the Irish presidency, which works.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Nope, not that at all. I don't even think the latest round of reports are necessarily worse than any other. They sure as sh|t aren't worse than the allegations facing Prince Andrew.

I just think the Meghan & Harry brouhaha, and the ongoing retaliations it will spark, will push the public's tolerance past a tipping point. They'll start to ask "why the farque are these losers our leaders?" with a much high frequency.

The 1999 model was fine. It's akin to the Irish presidency, which works.
    The Prince Andrew stuff is a joke, bloke should be investigated. Disagree on the public sentiment, as long as its not the direct line of future Kings (Charles, William) people won't care what bullshit the royals are up to.

Again though, I want a Republic.

Problem I have is that if its Parliaments choice, you get donors and power brokers. If its a popular vote (like ireland) you get Trump.
    The 99 model of 2/3 majority sounds good right up until you have a Rudd or Howard type who flukes a massive election win and abuses that power.

The President is supposed to hold the Govt to account, how would that happen if Labor elects John Setka or Libs bring in Michael Photios?

I'd want as much independence as possible.
    Start with no one under 50, and no one ever holding public office above local govt level being eligible.
    That would account for about 99% of the shitheads out there. It would prob mean you get more ex military, ex judges and academics wanting to do it. Id rather that than the govt finding another way to grab more power.

Anyway. We are actually both on the same page, if I was alive and 38 years older I'd apply and invite you to the inauguration.

Maybe I can start the campaign on Furns podcast?

Problem I have is that if its Parliaments choice, you get donors and power brokers. If its a popular vote (like ireland) you get Trump.

Just to clarify something, Trump has never won a popular vote besides the republican primaries.