Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous People Death Thread

Happy New Year.

Today Michael Chamberlain and Peter Starstedt.

One of those great late 60's songs written under the influence no doubt.

I remember Michael Chamberlain coming into where I worked a few years ago. He looked like a broken man then and with all that he and his family were subjected to by the media machine it's understandable.
    In saying that he was very pleasant and seemed a nice man.
    No doubt the media will take one last chance to cash in on his story.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-01-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Yesterday was a year on from Bowie dying as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I remember Michael Chamberlain coming into where I worked a few years ago. He looked like a broken man then and with all that he and his family were subjected to by the media machine it's understandable.
    Indeed - I remember bumping into him in a newsagent at Cooranbong in the 80's when all hell was breaking loose. He just had that "nice" aura about him and I knew on meeting him it was all a beatup. 80% of the people I mentioned this to said "he should be in jail". I have never trusted anything the media says since that day....of course ACA dragged Ray Martin in last night. And they were one of those on the offensive 30 years ago.

yeah his (new) family used to come into my old work a bit. the son had a smoking hot girlfriend (then Michael started dating her momma then shit got weird). He was always super standoffish but everytime he came in all eyes went on him and you could see everyone going over their opinions of whether or not he 'did it'.

either way as the D-Man said, what him and his family went through you wouldn't wish on anyone. from losing their kid to being jailed for it to going free but a good % of the public still thinking you did it anyway.

met Linda once too. holy heck she was a cold cold woman. no time for any small talk from your boy Plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Michael Chamberlain was one of my clients in my former career. Very nice bloke, a little odd however. The shit he went through would probably do that to you though. Sad to see him go.

Bill Paxton.
    Loved seeing that dude pop up in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Bill Paxton.
    Loved seeing that dude pop up in movies.
    Devastated by this news..
    One of the only actors to be killed by the terminator, predator AND alien.. I don't think I can think of a role of his that I didn't rate him in.. (Even as Coconut Pete in the awfully-bad-but-good Club Dread)..

Game over man.. Game over..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Devastated by this news..
    One of the only actors to be killed by the terminator, predator AND alien.. I don't think I can think of a role of his that I didn't rate him in.. (Even as Coconut Pete in the awfully-bad-but-good Club Dread)..

Game over man.. Game over..

Loved him.
    Brilliant in True Lies.
    Even popped up in Edge of Tomorrow.

Loved him.
    Brilliant in True Lies.
    Even popped up in Edge of Tomorrow.
    Sooooooo good as Simon the dodgy car salesman in True Lies..
    "I have to lie to women to get laid, and I don't score much. I got a little dick, it's pathetic!"

loved him in tombstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

One of those "am I psychic" moments but Mrs v4 for the last solid week/fortnight has been saying she's been keen to watch Twister, was spewing it wasn't on Netflix & kept pestering me to check my HDD which I haven't bothered to do yet. Also hasn't helped that young baby v4 is obsessed with The Wiggles and every single time Dorothy the Dinosaur comes on, Mrs v4 goes "you know what other movie has Dorothy in it? Twister. Have you checked your stinking hard drive yet?" ops:

The news this morning made us feel.. weird? But yeah, one of those things that proves we are a higher being, innit.

In a small win for me, look on the bright side type deal, I can only assume Twister will now come on Netflix so I won't have to find my hard drive in the cesspit that is my office storage
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    one of those "am i psychic" moments but mrs v4 for the last solid week/fortnight has been saying she's been keen to watch twister, was spewing it wasn't on netflix & kept pestering me to check my hdd which i haven't bothered to do yet. Also hasn't helped that young baby v4 is obsessed with the wiggles and every single time dorothy the dinosaur comes on, mrs v4 goes "you know what other movie has dorothy in it? Twister. Have you checked your stinking hard drive yet?" ops:

The news this morning made us feel.. Weird? But yeah, one of those things that proves we are a higher being, innit.

In a small win for me, look on the bright side type deal, i can only assume twister will now come on netflix so i won't have to find my hard drive in the cesspit that is my office storage
    they could have taken helen hunt instead and no one would care why god whyyyyyyyyyyy

One of the most versatile actors in history. Very sad news.

One of those "am I psychic" moments but Mrs v4 for the last solid week/fortnight has been saying she's been keen to watch Twister, was spewing it wasn't on Netflix & kept pestering me to check my HDD which I haven't bothered to do yet. Also hasn't helped that young baby v4 is obsessed with The Wiggles and every single time Dorothy the Dinosaur comes on, Mrs v4 goes "you know what other movie has Dorothy in it? Twister. Have you checked your stinking hard drive yet?" ops:

The news this morning made us feel.. weird? But yeah, one of those things that proves we are a higher being, innit.

In a small win for me, look on the bright side type deal, I can only assume Twister will now come on Netflix so I won't have to find my hard drive in the cesspit that is my office storage
    Update for anyone who wanted a follow-up:

Still haven't seen Twister come up on Netflix. Mrs hounded me about the HDD again. Somehow dug it up amidst the office chaos, cranked the computer on, loaded the HDD and turned out I don't have it on there. Best I could offer her in terms of natural disaster movies were Volcano, or Armageddon. She wasn't keen on either. Pv4 disappoints, yet again.
    OK

Update for anyone who wanted a follow-up:

Still haven't seen Twister come up on Netflix. Mrs hounded me about the HDD again. Somehow dug it up amidst the office chaos, cranked the computer on, loaded the HDD and turned out I don't have it on there. Best I could offer her in terms of natural disaster movies were Volcano, or Armageddon. She wasn't keen on either. Pv4 disappoints, yet again.
    rof. torrent my good man, fix in minutes

Chuck Berry died today aged 90. Without this bloke the Rolling Stones and The Beatles, and pretty much any other rock band you care to name would not have existed. THere were other guitarists before him but this bloke made it cool to play and he made it the driving force of the music not an accompaniment.
    More significant though, He was the first man of colour to really make an impact on white audiences.

Very sad day indeed.

Last edited by The Dunster; 19-03-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Chuck Berry died today ages 90. Without this bloke the Rolling Stones and The Beatles, and pretty much any other rock band you care to name would not have existed. THere were other guitarists before him but this bloke made it cool to play and he made it the driving force of the music not an accompaniment.

As a person sure he was a little toxic and all but he had to be given the times he grew up in.

Very sad day indeed.
    To be fair without his brother Marvin he'd never have made it.

And Marty McFly