Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Any news for twenny17 post here. sticky this furnz

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I think this is the one you are looking for.

Brilliant...

Don't know where it actually confirms Beath admits he made a mistake:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...calls/?cs=3398

Don't get why we want to sign Bridge for 2 1/2 seasons:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...s-off/?cs=3398
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    “Having the benefit of reviewing the incidents on video after the match, Chris realises that he made two incorrect decisions in relation to hand ball,” referees boss Ben Wilson said.

So the refs admitted they made a mistake. Now what?

Don't get why we want to sign Bridge for 2 1/2 seasons:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...s-off/?cs=3398
    We're signing him for 2.5 years in duration but only 1 season worth of play.

You reckon he would play that long?
    Jammy optimist..

[/URL]
    "Having the benefit of reviewing the incidents on video after the match, Chris realises that he made two incorrect decisions in relation to hand ball,” referees boss Ben Wilson said.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    So the refs admitted they made a mistake. Now what?

a deep sense of vindication at a severe injustice!

to be serious though, that game has put me firmly in the camp of favouring video reviews. I don't think they would have overturned their penalty decision, but they definitely would have for the one we should have got. I'm also fairly certain that the ball crossed the line for their third, but a camera in the goal upright would have categorically proven the whole ball crossed the whole of the line. the only angles I saw left a (small) amount of doubt as to whether it did.

not sure if I support it for deciding offside though.

will be a real ripper once the players and coaches come out and admit their mistakes too.

blokes will need physio to sooth the pain of pointing fingers all over the place.

pointless exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    a deep sense of vindication at a severe injustice!

to be serious though, that game has put me firmly in the camp of favouring video reviews. I don't think they would have overturned their penalty decision, but they definitely would have for the one we should have got. I'm also fairly certain that the ball crossed the line for their third, but a camera in the goal upright would have categorically proven the whole ball crossed the whole of the line. the only angles I saw left a (small) amount of doubt as to whether it did.

not sure if I support it for deciding offside though.

I understand your point of view, but I can't say I share it.

Goal line technology which doesn't interfere with the game (a la EPL) is one thing; but stopping to check whether the handball was correct etc. opens up a can of worms I am happy ignoring.

Remember when NRL refs and touch judges actually had to make decisions in a match? Those were the days. And even now with all their bunker rubbish, they still get it wrong at times.

Human error, for players, managers and referees are all part of the rich tapestry that gives us all something to talk about in the post-mortem, and for mine, what makes our game so great

I wonder if a coach and/or captain review system would be the go, similar to cricket and tennis. Get one or two incorrect reviews per half. Might also ease off the ridiculous referee mobbing every time any decision is made ever. If they legitimately think he has made a bad error, they have an actual tool to contest it rather than just abusing the ref over everything to try and influence future decisions.

I don't think everything should be removed from refs, black and white decisions (such as whether the ball has crossed the goal line) are a great example of where technology can make a positive change. Some things like handballs and offsides can be judged pretty accurately by technology but can still be too hard or very difficult to call at times. Getting rid of the real bad obvious mistakes (which I think reviews might handle well) is the main thing. Stuff like challenges and bad tackles etc I don't think technology should go near, even with replays from all angles, you might get some more information but nothing ever looks the same once you've had a few looks and seen it in slow-mo etc, good challenges can look bad and vice versa. Rather just let it play out with the officials having the real-time info.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I wonder if a coach and/or captain review system would be the go, similar to cricket and tennis. Get one or two incorrect reviews per half. Might also ease off the ridiculous referee mobbing every time any decision is made ever. If they legitimately think he has made a bad error, they have an actual tool to contest it rather than just abusing the ref over everything to try and influence future decisions.
    No - in South America and similar passionate countries I have no doubt they would use their reviews very quickly and then we would be back to the status quo. Under no circumstances should the players have control of reviews - it is killing cricket (I still don't believe the ball tracker is 100% accurate), where it is used as a tactic to punt on possibilities rather than clarify blunders. If anything leave it to the fourth official to watch the video and flag when he sees an issue or let the ref pass it on for verification if not sure.

As has been mentioned - sometimes after several views a decision is still not clear.

I believe human error is a vital part of sport - if everyone was perfect there would be no results. Harden up and leave it as it is.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I wonder if we will also get an explanation and apology from Mullen regarding what he was doing for their fourth goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I wonder if we will also get an explanation and apology from Mullen regarding what he was doing for their fourth goal.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

we all know who's fault that was.......
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

If we do sign him i think you'll find the deal is more complex and more in the best interests of the club than simply 2.5 years.

just as an aside whilst searching for BK photos i came across this and it made my heart go boom.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ljubo

But seriously, I'm for Goal line technology, but this VAR stuff I don't like. Look at what happened in the club World Cup. The game was 70m away from the box, and the ref called it back after 2 minutes. Just bring in the Additional Assistant Referee's and most of the problems will go.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out