Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Honestly no idea why we are looking at bridge when we play with 1 striker up front. Plus is he any better than Kokko (based on his European leagues form and stats) or Nordstrand based on what weve seen since he's been with us??
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

The talk for bridge could well have been to put the wind up the two Scandinavians and get them producing more?

That, and bridge back in the team would would one could be realized to use a visa spot elsewhere in the squad.

With the recent developements of weak ankles knee being no good, I think we've firmed as chance to sign him. If his hip goes, go get bridge on the back of your shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The talk for bridge could well have been to put the wind up the two Scandinavians and get them producing more?

That, and bridge back in the team would would one could be realized to use a visa spot elsewhere in the squad.

With the recent developements of weak ankles knee being no good, I think we've firmed as chance to sign him. If his hip goes, go get bridge on the back of your shirt.
    Now you've pretty much guaranteed well sign him on Marquee wages
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    so, has Mrs Brown had the baby yet and did Mr Brown make it back in time???
    I think I read on Facey this morning that she had just given birth to a little boy, Oscar..
    Congrats to them both..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I think I read on Facey this morning that she had just given birth to a little boy, Oscar..
    Congrats to them both..
    Yeah Jets posted something this morning

love at first sight

If Bridge has a Vote1 Lawrie shirt in his kit you can rest assured a deal is forthcoming.

Jets Powerchair Football club won their fir Australian Power Chair Football Club Championship title over the weekend, beating Brisbane PFC 1-0 in the grand final. BRisbane beat them 3-0 during the round robin comp just the day before, which resulted in the Jets coming 2nd overall.

You can find them on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/NewcastleJe...type=3&theater
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Jets Powerchair Football club won their fir Australian Power Chair Football Club Championship title over the weekend, beating Brisbane PFC 1-0 in the grand final. BRisbane beat them 3-0 during the round robin comp just the day before, which resulted in the Jets coming 2nd overall.

You can find them on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/NewcastleJe...type=3&theater
    Excellent stuff, they share their winning mentality with our Aleague side??

love at first sight

Bridge has a fractured kneecap, so Jones is still keen on signing him - of course... what could possibly go wrong...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...plans/?cs=3398

It's moments like this that sway my opinion on Jones from passable coach who may improve to outright moron - why is he so intent on giving wankles a comfortable retirement plan at our expense? He's never been a Joel and he never will be, if we want to throw big money at him (and I couldn't see wankles coming here unless we were offering far more than he's worth at this point in his career with his best football being behind him), I cannot see the value in it, he was too half-assed to be a Newy legend in the days when he did play for us, why would he become one now when he doesn't even appear to fit the mold of the team we're building?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Bridge has a fractured kneecap, so Jones is still keen on signing him - of course... what could possibly go wrong...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...plans/?cs=3398

It's moments like this that sway my opinion on Jones from passable coach who may improve to outright moron - why is he so intent on giving wankles a comfortable retirement plan at our expense? He's never been a Joel and he never will be, if we want to throw big money at him (and I couldn't see wankles coming here unless we were offering far more than he's worth at this point in his career with his best football being behind him), I cannot see the value in it, he was too half-assed to be a Newy legend in the days when he did play for us, why would he become one now when he doesn't even appear to fit the mold of the team we're building?
    We can only hope it's lip service from Jones.

Maybe he doesn't want to lay the boot into Bridge publicly. I would never wish injury on anybody, but I can't say I'm disappointed that Bridge won't be joining us for this season at least

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Congrats to them both..
    Such a shame they didn't have a little girl, best song opportunity missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Such a shame they didn't have a little girl, best song opportunity missed.
    Either way, it was Knees up Mother Brown

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Honestly no idea why we are looking at bridge when we play with 1 striker up front. Plus is he any better than Kokko (based on his European leagues form and stats) or Nordstrand based on what weve seen since he's been with us??
    A player like Bridge suits Jones style more. Breaking fast. Counter attacking. In my opinion this is the reason Kokko doesn't get a start. Not saying he is right but people will have their opinions. Probably the reason Nordstrand is getting a start. Chase long balls into corners, breaking the line etc. It's why I think O'Donovan would probably interest Jones so much. All my thoughts. Which are usually bullshit 11/10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    A player like Bridge suits Jones style more. Breaking fast. Counter attacking.
    Those words should never be used with Bridge. Not in the last 3 years and never again.

Is Bridge even that fast??

love at first sight

And with the amount of long balls we generally do Kokko would be useful as well as give us an ACTUAL option when we kick off long from teams pressing us high

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Is Bridge even that fast??
    Not anymore. Used to be, about 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    A player like Bridge suits Jones style more. Breaking fast. Counter attacking. In my opinion this is the reason Kokko doesn't get a start. Not saying he is right but people will have their opinions. Probably the reason Nordstrand is getting a start. Chase long balls into corners, breaking the line etc. It's why I think O'Donovan would probably interest Jones so much. All my thoughts. Which are usually bullshit 11/10 times.
    Kokko suits counter attacking more imo.

Hold the ball up when isolated waiting for quick wingers to counter.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Kokko suits counter attacking more imo.

Hold the ball up when isolated waiting for quick wingers to counter.
    100% and kokko can hold it up then lay it off to clut or brown to put hoole or nabbout through

love at first sight

Agree with the comments on Kokko, a good outlet who can link up with those around him is crucial. Having said that I thought Clut performed the hold up role excellently a few games back, I can't remember who against. Received a lot of passes under heavy contest from defenders, hardly lost it and probably won 5 free kicks from being fouled after beating his closest marker. Had a great first half and was subbed around 55 for Nordstrand. I think it was at home against Adelaide.

Hopefully it will come out as the season progresses why Kokko is still not involved, he must be close to if not fully recovered from the jaw but didn't even make the bench for last game. I really hope we get to see him play some minutes and show what he can do.