Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    guess Brymora has a decent chance at an OS contract:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/46...europe/?cs=306
    Good luck to him. I hope he does well and earns himself a contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Joel Grennell, March 1st this year...

“Hooley does not have a desire to play for another A-League club,” Grenell said. “This is the right time for him to jump into the deep end of the ocean and try and forge a career in Europe, which is no different to any other aspiring young footballer in the world. There are clubs committed to offering a deal if he continues his good form. At the very least these clubs are committed to getting him over in the European summer and having a look at him in the flesh. It's an exciting time for Hooley.”
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/45...ffer-to-hoole/

This twit has close to ruined Hoole's career, at this stage - he may turn it around yet.

Should take a leaf out Brymora's book. He is taking the path followed by Johnston, Kewell and Cahill. Take a punt on yourself with your own cash and get in their face and find out how good you really are. Not spend one or two OK seasons in the A-League, be convinced you are a superstar and and have an agent sell you to the Romanian second division.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 30-05-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Lawyered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

This twit has close to ruined Hoole's career, at this stage - he may turn it around yet.

Should take a leaf out Brymora's book. He is taking the path followed by Johnston, Kewell and Cahill. Take a punt on yourself with your own cash and get in their face and find out how good you really are. Not spend one or two OK seasons in the A-League, be convinced you are a superstar and and have an agent sell you to the Romanian second division.
    He couldn't even do that, unless you've subconsciously made a link between Romania & the gypos...

Nuh - just a generalisation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Good luck to Bymora

He is having a go

I would be surprised if he succeeds over there but good on him for having a crack

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    guess Brymora has a decent chance at an OS contract:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/46...europe/?cs=306

if the gyppos talk is true though for Hoole, that truly is a career fail, being second fiddle to Pain has to be a career lowlight...
    Good enough to earn two PL trials but not good enough to play more than 9 mins last year. Jeez our club is shite
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Mariners saying there is another signing coming tomoz after announcing Golec today. Could well be Hoole.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Mariners saying there is another signing coming tomoz after announcing Golec today. Could well be Hoole.
    Cue foz outrage that we missed out on Golec.

It's worrying how the Mariners seem to be signing all these competent footballers to fill the glaring gaps in their playing roster with a full preseason to work them into the squad and set up tactics/formations. I don't know if I could cope if our club started doing that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Good enough to earn two PL trials but not good enough to play more than 9 mins last year. Jeez our club is shite
    Agreed. And good on Kristian Brymora for doing it old school and showing some balls rather than taking the easy path like 99.9% of the pussies these days.
    It will be a nice wake up call for the Jets when he shows others how it's done without a shit club to hold you back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Agreed. And good on Kristian Brymora for doing it old school and showing some balls rather than taking the easy path like 99.9% of the pussies these days.
    It will be a nice wake up call for the Jets when he shows others how it's done without a shit club to hold you back.
    Do we take him back, if he comes crawling home?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It's worrying how the Mariners seem to be signing all these competent footballers to fill the glaring gaps in their playing roster with a full preseason to work them into the squad and set up tactics/formations. I don't know if I could cope if our club started doing that...
    Makes you wonder why they let O'Donnovan go so easily. They don't have a striker. In my opinion seeing Hoole go would be a shame. He's a competent A-league standard player. No more no less. I do believe he's been a pretty big scapegoat at our club for the past few seasons. Would like to see him work under Merrick. If they replace him with someone better I will forget pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Do we take him back, if he comes crawling home?
    He won't come crawling home because there is absolutely no shame in giving your best to make your dream a reality. It's not like when Hoole went to Sydney and so on.
    The only reasons he won't make it will be football politics or that he's simply not good enough. His attitude and dedication to his chosen profession is pretty much flawless.
    You should be giving him credit for showing the balls to have a go rather than running him down for putting himself on the line.
    I seriously doubt the Jets will be his only or best option if things don't work out for him in Europe.
    If the Jets did have a position available for him and he accepted it I'd have no issue with that either.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-05-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Makes you wonder why they let O'Donnovan go so easily. They don't have a striker. In my opinion seeing Hoole go would be a shame. He's a competent A-league standard player. No more no less. I do believe he's been a pretty big scapegoat at our club for the past few seasons. Would like to see him work under Merrick. If they replace him with someone better I will forget pretty quick.
    O'Donovan either wanted too much coin or he's got injury concerns that the Mariners don't want to deal with. My guess is Okon will probably bring in someone that's even better for less money.

He won't come crawling home because there is absolutely no shame in giving your best to make your dream a reality. It's not like when Hoole went to Sydney and so on.
    The only reasons he won't make it will be football politics or that he's simply not good enough. His attitude and dedication to his chosen profession is pretty much flawless.
    You should be giving him credit for showing the balls to have a go rather than running him down for putting himself on the line.
    I seriously doubt the Jets will be his only or best option if things don't work out for him in Europe.
    If the Jets did have a position available for him and he accepted it I'd have no issue with that either.
    I never put him down, I was simply asking whether we'd consider taking him back should his adventure to Euro not pan out.

Good on the kid for having a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We did that once and won all our pre-season games.....then sacked the coach

O'Donovan either wanted too much coin or he's got injury concerns that the Mariners don't want to deal with. My guess is Okon will probably bring in someone that's even better for less money.
    We paid through the nose for O'Donnovan, that's how.

I would go further. Hoole is a quality player at his best but struggles for consistency. Now he is scoring goals, some of them crackers, he was well worth persisting with. Not our basketcase of a team though.

I always thought Jones had him playing a style of play where he was encouraged to takes chances and try to beat the man whenever the opportunity presented. The problem was he was pretty lazy at tracking back and copped bile for it.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    I would go further. Hoole is a quality player at his best but struggles for consistency. Now he is scoring goals, some of them crackers, he was well worth persisting with. Not our basketcase of a team though.

I always thought Jones had him playing a style of play where he was encouraged to takes chances and try to beat the man whenever the opportunity presented. The problem was he was pretty lazy at tracking back and copped bile for it.
    Agree. Just think the A league is probably his limit. Jones had him playing a direct style which suited him and Nabbout. Just think he could have been managed a little better off the pitch. Something Merrick would have done. He also will change with age in my opinion. I could have handled him playing a similar role as Carney did in Sydney's squad last season.