Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    That wouldn't be till next year though and his contract would be up. I think it's ridiculous he's one of our highest paid players in the club. I scoffed when that was mentioned on your podcast. Decent record but it was all in Finland playing in front of 5 people.
    Was reading an article on O'Donnovan and his background today which was very interesting.

If you look at his career before th HAL he has only ever scored goals in Ireland and Brunei (Singaporean League at the time). Other than that his stats are dire for years.

Point being the league the player comes from and their level of success is a good indicator, but it still comes down to the individual qualities of the player. And by my reckoning tall target type strikers have never worked in the HAL. Strikers need athleticism to press in this league.

That being said Kokko was never utilised in a way that would give him any chance to be successful. He can clearly find the net in the right circumstances yet Jones decided to isolate him upfront and expect miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by &1gest View Post
    #Nix proud to present their new coaching staff - head coach Darije Kalezić and assistant coach Rado Vidošić
    Used to coach Stephan kellar, Jordy Buijs and Donny deGroot in the one team.

Rado will be a terrific resource for him. Expect Broich signing imminently, assuming he isn't retiring.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That was the bit I hadn't looked up - when the Chinese 3rd Division season ends.
    Lawrie and Ernie went to a 2nd division game as well, Shenzhen FC (different to Ledman) v Beijing Renhe. Wonder if our Chinese player will come from either of these teams.

Although I noticed Lawrie used the term "Asian player" rather than "Chinese player" in the Herald today. I wonder if that signals that we can look further afield than China which would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Used to coach Stephan kellar, Jordy Buijs and Donny deGroot in the one team.

Rado will be a terrific resource for him. Expect Broich signing imminently, assuming he isn't retiring.
    Broich would be fantastic for the Nix

Apparently Mauk wants a move.

Can't wait for that Asian player we have to sign to make the Jets huge in China, just like Lei Lei did.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Can't wait for that Asian player we have to sign to make the Jets huge in China, just like Lei Lei did.
    Asia would allow us to recruit a promising player from Malaysia/Thailand/J2 etc. a player we can hopefully get good value for and sell on, rather than a Chinese player who expects a CSL salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Apparently Mauk wants a move.
    Go get him. Add Holland and we are starting to look better.

Maybe Holland is the other of the "signings" we are soon announcing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

What Hunter403 didn't say was he wants to move to another Dutch club rather than play div 2. Next to no chance of returning to the HAL

Careful... Premy will be attempting to contain his load if any more Holland rumours come out..

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    What Hunter403 didn't say was he wants to move to another Dutch club rather than play div 2. Next to no chance of returning to the HAL
    Oh. OK. Cheers
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Lawrie and Ernie went to a 2nd division game as well, Shenzhen FC (different to Ledman) v Beijing Renhe. Wonder if our Chinese player will come from either of these teams.

Although I noticed Lawrie used the term "Asian player" rather than "Chinese player" in the Herald today. I wonder if that signals that we can look further afield than China which would be fantastic.
    I was thinking the Chinese player might come from the Ledman sponsored Portuguese League rather than from a lower tier Chinese league team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I was thinking the Chinese player might come from the Ledman sponsored Portuguese League rather than from a lower tier Chinese league team.
    Are there any there? Ledman dropped his demand that all ten clubs in the 2nd div must have a Chinese player and wasn't there a big deal made of Ma Lei Lei bring one of 2 or 3 Chinese players playing outside China

But but but he is foreign so won't be any good, won't know the local players and isn't a mate of Lawrie's
    But but but he's foreign which automatically = awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Stubbins was "foreign".

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Or you do something outrageous and actually look at the guys resume and make decent assessment.

But when we have such a furtile crop of tactical geniuses coming out of Toronto then why would we.

Are there any there? Ledman dropped his demand that all ten clubs in the 2nd div must have a Chinese player and wasn't there a big deal made of Ma Lei Lei bring one of 2 or 3 Chinese players playing outside China
    Here's the Wiki page for the China National Team. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_..._football_team

There is only one player in the last squad, and the recent call-ups, who plays outside of China.

There will be a difficulty bringing a player of Chinese nationality but with the quality I think we all expect without spending a fiar amount o

The facts are, Nix, AUFC, Melbourne City and the Jets all had vacant coaching positions this off season.

We are the only club who needed to appoint a local coach from with HAL experience because apparently only they could possibly know and recruit the local players. Then of course it comes out later that Ernie was mates with Lawrie and all it took was a "you bored yet" text. Do you think either the Nix or AUFC used this approach to their prospective coaches.

Both the Nix and soon to be AUFC have appointed better credentialed coaches. Taking MC out of the equation due to their resources, Nix and AUFC are both very comparable clubs to us. Neither should out strip us for resources any more.

So what I want to know is, did we even look at these two or any other foreign coaches, or did Lawrie make no effort. Because I suspect once Lawrie fired off his text message to a mate it was a done deal from there on out.

Its one thing to run professional recruitment process, assess all the candidates and then come up with Ernie as your pick. It's another if we limit our choices to Lawries mates or CV's that get emailed to the office.

Banned
    The facts are, Nix, AUFC, Melbourne City and the Jets all had vacant coaching positions this off season.

We are the only club who needed to appoint a local coach from with HAL experience because apparently only they could possibly know and recruit the local players. Then of course it comes out later that Ernie was mates with Lawrie and all it took was a "you bored yet" text. Do you think either the Nix or AUFC used this approach to their prospective coaches.

Both the Nix and soon to be AUFC have appointed better credentialed coaches. Taking MC out of the equation due to their resources, Nix and AUFC are both very comparable clubs to us. Neither should out strip us for resources any more.

So what I want to know is, did we even look at these two or any other foreign coaches, or did Lawrie make no effort. Because I suspect once Lawrie fired off his text message to a mate it was a done deal from there on out.

Its one thing to run professional recruitment process, assess all the candidates and then come up with Ernie as your pick. It's another if we limit our choices to Lawries mates or CV's that get emailed to the office.
    That's great but can you explain to us all what it is about this football club that makes you think we are competent and professional??

Because from where I looking from your expectations seem quite misguided

Borat the club made it incredibly obvious that the last 3 coaches were all rookies and they made their intentions very clear that they wanted a coach with AL experience. Mike Mulvey just took a job in Thailand after resolving his legal dispute with Roar and he confirmed he was in the running for the jerks.

They have gone into this with a broadcasted plan and have stuck to it so far.

Let's just hope they don't let the coach go a full season without review, like Lawrie confirmed Jones had with his "never under the microscope" comment.

As far as credentials go, a former premiership and championship winning coach isn't too bad imo
    OK