Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2101

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Love the bit where Boogaard says we coughing up easy goals etc

No mirrors where he is??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

No mirrors where he is??
    He said "we".
    OK

No mirrors where he is??
    Man, you have it in for this guy don't you!
    What do you want him to say? " Ihave been letting in easy goals"? As average or shit as you may think he is, he is still part of a team! A team wins together and loses together...

Come Thursday, Smurfs will know if they have a stadium for a few years or have to play out of Leichardt or something.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/t...16-gz1wau.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Man, you have it in for this guy don't you!
    What do you want him to say? " Ihave been letting in easy goals"? As average or shit as you may think he is, he is still part of a team! A team wins together and loses together...
    I think the 3 goals we conceded are down to him

First one that corner the Gypos scored off
    Your centre half clears that cross

First one glory got you marking Taggart you blocking his shot or stopping him shooting

Second one that is Boogaard ball to win in the air

As an experienced campaigner and our captain he needs to be doing much much better

The money we paying him is also drastically disproportionate to his actual worth to the side

So he needs to be performing and when he not I going to call him on it

I think the 3 goals we conceded are down to him

First one that corner the Gypos scored off
    Your centre half clears that cross

First one glory got you marking Taggart you blocking his shot or stopping him shooting

Second one that is Boogaard ball to win in the air

As an experienced campaigner and our captain he needs to be doing much much better

The money we paying him is also drastically disproportionate to his actual worth to the side

So he needs to be performing and when he not I going to call him on it
    Next season he should be first out the door. Get a foreign CB

Whilst Boogard is partly to blame I think he's coping a fair bit of stick. He made too excellent tackles in the box this game and last game and him and Topor have looked fairly competent both along the ground and in the air. We seem to struggle with runners coming from deep. It hasn't only been the CB fault but also the CDMs picking up and tracking their runners. Ugarkovic has been sub par by his standards this year. Was caught wrong side by the coast goal albeit a slight deflection helped. I still think we are one quality midfielder short of being a very good side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Whilst Boogard is partly to blame I think he's coping a fair bit of stick. He made too excellent tackles in the box this game and last game and him and Topor have looked fairly competent both along the ground and in the air. We seem to struggle with runners coming from deep. It hasn't only been the CB fault but also the CDMs picking up and tracking their runners. Ugarkovic has been sub par by his standards this year. Was caught wrong side by the coast goal albeit a slight deflection helped. I still think we are one quality midfielder short of being a very good side.
    This is pretty much what i was getting at.
    Boogard has not been good enough, particularly as he is on good $$$$. In saying that to blame him for all 3 goals we have conceded is a bit of a stretch.
    Take the goals from the weekend and break them down.
    Goal no.1 on the weekend, how on earth in such tight space did we allow castro to knock a cross in like he did? It should have been so easily defended out wide. We actually had 3 defenders on 2 attackers in the very corner yet he gets the cross in.

Goal no.2 on the weekend, midfield giving the opposition space followed by an absolutely amateur clearance lead to a huge amount of space and time in a wide area to get the cross right for Taggart. Do you think with less time and space (ie pressure) the cross may have been no where near as good and therefore not effective.

This doesn't mean Boogard escapes criticism as he could have perhaps done better to track his man and prevent or just pressure the shots, but why is it only him thats to blame?

Basically who is more to blame, the slack defending on the goal scorer or the slack defending on the final pass?
    I don't really know how to blame one person more than the other
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

The slack defending on the final pass and the failed clearance before it were what allowed the 2nd Goal. Once the cross was into the box I think it's unfair to blame Boogs - especially when Taggart is running onto the ball which gives him a massive advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    This is pretty much what i was getting at.
    Boogard has not been good enough, particularly as he is on good $$$$. In saying that to blame him for all 3 goals we have conceded is a bit of a stretch.
    Take the goals from the weekend and break them down.
    Goal no.1 on the weekend, how on earth in such tight space did we allow castro to knock a cross in like he did? It should have been so easily defended out wide. We actually had 3 defenders on 2 attackers in the very corner yet he gets the cross in.

Goal no.2 on the weekend, midfield giving the opposition space followed by an absolutely amateur clearance lead to a huge amount of space and time in a wide area to get the cross right for Taggart. Do you think with less time and space (ie pressure) the cross may have been no where near as good and therefore not effective.

This doesn't mean Boogard escapes criticism as he could have perhaps done better to track his man and prevent or just pressure the shots, but why is it only him thats to blame?

Basically who is more to blame, the slack defending on the goal scorer or the slack defending on the final pass?
    I don't really know how to blame one person more than the other
    whole team went to sleep for both goals IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Does every goal have to have someone to blame? Can there never be a goal that's simply a result of quality play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Does every goal have to have someone to blame? Can there never be a goal that's simply a result of quality play?
    Not when it comes to the Jets... Come on Jeterpool, everyone knows no one scores good goals against us, its always because we are shit. Even when we are good we are shit!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Can there never be a goal that's simply a result of quality play?
    There were 5 of them in Round 1..
    OK

I thought you would be able to quote figures on this one?

Of course there is good quality play (and the cross and finish for the first goal were excellent), but the defending was poor. Taggart made a run across 2 central defenders (over 5 metres) and neither were aware/fast enough to track him.
    2nd goal Boogard just wasn't aware of Taggarts run, but again, good finish.
    So I would say the goals on the weekend were a combination of good play and less than stellar defending.

Boogard would know it though, and seems like the kind of fella that will be burning inside set it right this weekend. At least we look like we might score goals at the other end this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I thought you would be able to quote figures on this one?
    I'd just make it up like all the stuff I put in the match previews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Of course there is good quality play (and the cross and finish for the first goal were excellent), but the defending was poor. Taggart made a run across 2 central defenders (over 5 metres) and neither were aware/fast enough to track him.
    2nd goal Boogard just wasn't aware of Taggarts run, but again, good finish.
    So I would say the goals on the weekend were a combination of good play and less than stellar defending.

Boogard would know it though, and seems like the kind of fella that will be burning inside set it right this weekend. At least we look like we might score goals at the other end this year.
    The cross into the box for the 2nd Perth goal was excellent because the Jets failed to close down the man with the ball. If they put more pressure on the player with the ball Taggart would not have received such a high quality cross in the first place.

It was unfortunate to concede in the 92nd minute but we also had two very good opportunities ourselves where we didn't score as well.

Teams going well, room for improvement and all - but compared to last season we look like Barcelona.

More importantly Ernie knows what he's doing. He took two players off on Sunday because they were cramping and he didn't want them to risk calf injuries as they can take six weeks or so to mend.

In the past our coaches would have let players continue until they required a stretcher.

Then you have the clubs engagement with the fans and free ticket offer... The clubs doing well why do we have to keep looking for faults within it ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-10-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The cross into the box for the 2nd Perth goal was excellent because the Jets failed to close down the man with the ball. If they put more pressure on the player with the ball Taggart would not have received such a high quality cross in the first place.

It was unfortunate to concede in the 92nd minute but we also had two very good opportunities ourselves where we didn't score as well.

Teams going well, room for improvement and all - but compared to last season we look like Barcelona.

More importantly Ernie knows what he's doing. He took two players off on Sunday because they were cramping and he didn't want them to risk calf injuries as they can take six weeks or so to mend.

In the past our coaches would have let players continue until they required a stretcher.

Then you have the clubs engagement with the fans and free ticket offer... The clubs doing well why do we have to keep looking for faults within it ?
    My engagement in this conversations was solely in response to the goals conceded and the suggestion that maybe we couldn't attach any blame to our players for them. I feel they could have been defended better, that's my only point.
    But I certainly take the point that on the whole, the club and the fans have been stuck in a mire of negativity for so long that maybe we don't know how to be happy. We aren't going to go from a shambles to top of the league overnight, but I agree with every point you have made regarding the team, coach and club as a whole doing some really positive things.

nah, griff's retired now.