Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by NED DEVINE View Post
    Let's start talking some sense here .
    I forget who it was amongst all this rubbish who correctly said that' there would struggle to be , right now , and when the next license is up , no more than 12 clubs , forget the jets they shouldn't even be in the comp , that are anywhere near compliant .
    There will be no 8 team comp either . NNSW have already been there and it failed miserably .
    There are 6-7 clubs in new fm who have no structure or desire to be in NPL .
    The rest are dreaming just now .
    So if anything it would be smart to bring one up and eliminate the bye .
    The jets have to go
    Simple as that . They add nothing to the comp. Nothing at all

Let's see how the " pop up club "
    Lambton go without full throttle from Chris Sneddon

Steve Wright really has got Lakes going well . No coach and wants to keep all the useless overage U 20 .
    That's the base for the angst

As usual the pirate has left his previous club with an empty cupboard . Maybe Olympic might start promoting from within . It worked for greg smith with 5 GF victories .

Edgy did super last night . Against a team that think they are A League standard

Any suggestion that CCB properly know as Azzurri merging with the green frogs is piss talk . Will never happen , especially since Sparky has resigned for the 4th time . An ongoing joke

That's a pretty comprehensive wrap
    My last ever post

Last thing
    Forever Red - what can anyone say - always a knob , will never change
    The wake of Ned Devine.
    As for the Jets - one advantage is an extra home game for all other clubs. But don't be fooled by this years results. A few better selections and perhaps tweaking the basis for selection will strengthen the Youth team, while the 2 lower ages are always up the top or there abouts. These kids need to develop and unfortunately Sydney comp seems out of the question. Maybe they aren't perfect, but I believe they can get things right at Speers Point. At least they'll have a better chance away from Eland and his crew.

The jets are a bit of a token gesture BUT for the sake of potentially developing players I am all for them being there. They take points off teams and learn what it's about playing against men. From the outside looking in, just my opinion, if the lads were coached differently and attention was paid to knocking the chip off their shoulders, they would do a lot better. There is a stigma amongst them that " we play with the jets, mum, dad and grandparents are so proud" that if they learnt to accept they play for just another team in the NPL and they haven't made it yet then they would perform better. Again, just my take on it.

I think you're right Charman. There is a bit of of attitude with some of the Jets players. Unfortunately, plenty of the players that have come through the program seem to have had a gut full after spending 3 or 4 years of training 4 nights a week and having constant pressure to perform. Many early achievers are no longer in the program and the Youth team has been propped up with some as young as 15, and others that are new to the program. All good players, but not necessarily the strongest in that 18-19 age bracket that should be targetted with an eye to potential Jet senior selection. Many by then have decided the clubs are a better option if they can make 1st grade, and also a better chance of winning games. That mentoring by older players is a big thing as well for development. Maybe the Jets need to be more proactive in getting the best 18 and 19 year olds back playing in the Youth. One of the best ways to do that would be to show a more open pathway to full Jets selection. Do they even train together?
    Anyway, good luck with Pat Langlois in breaking through. Maybe Ernie Merrick will find more local young talent.

Since the Jets youth started playing in the NPL how many players have broken into A-League teams and had more than a handful of appearances. The Jets are as big an imposter as the Mariners when it comes to promoting youth. Don't quit Ned loved your last post.

Let's start talking some sense here .
    I forget who it was amongst all this rubbish who correctly said that' there would struggle to be , right now , and when the next license is up , no more than 12 clubs , forget the jets they shouldn't even be in the comp , that are anywhere near compliant .
    There will be no 8 team comp either . NNSW have already been there and it failed miserably .
    There are 6-7 clubs in new fm who have no structure or desire to be in NPL .
    The rest are dreaming just now .
    So if anything it would be smart to bring one up and eliminate the bye .
    The jets have to go
    Simple as that . They add nothing to the comp. Nothing at all

Let's see how the " pop up club "
    Lambton go without full throttle from Chris Sneddon

Steve Wright really has got Lakes going well . No coach and wants to keep all the useless overage U 20 .
    That's the base for the angst

As usual the pirate has left his previous club with an empty cupboard . Maybe Olympic might start promoting from within . It worked for greg smith with 5 GF victories .

Edgy did super last night . Against a team that think they are A League standard

Any suggestion that CCB properly know as Azzurri merging with the green frogs is piss talk . Will never happen , especially since Sparky has resigned for the 4th time . An ongoing joke

That's a pretty comprehensive wrap
    My last ever post

Last thing
    Forever Red - what can anyone say - always a knob , will never change
    Outstanding Ned, 100% correct with everything you say !!

Well
    After all those kind words I might hang around and Continue to scrutinize the following :
    Steve Wright - he always wanted to be the King of something
    Forever Red - you can take the boy out of southy , but you can never take the southy out of the boy
    Sparky - Aka Richard Clement for his piss poor performance for CCB
    The Pirate - for all the players he has stolen or conned - those tactics will become almost like a dinasaur

The referees association for continuing to promote Ryan Gallagher and other Nuftis

To the Lollies - good luck without sneddo - Harry Edwards Oval within 2 years

Tonester - absolute spastic

I just might consider my retirement
    Haha

Well
    After all those kind words I might hang around and Continue to scrutinize the following :
    Forever Red - you can take the boy out of southy , but you can never take the southy out of the boy
    The Pirate - for all the players he has stolen or conned - those tactics will become almost like a dinasaur

The referees association for continuing to promote Ryan Gallagher and other Nuftis

Haha
    How do you see all of this when you aren't tall enough to see over the fence without standing on your tippy toes Shane

Perhaps you should change your mask to loser
    You nufti

Spot on about professional linesman Ryan

Well

Haha
    Not sure why you have to bring the referees into it. Without them you wouldn't have a game to whinge about week in week out. From someone who doesn't have the balls to referee. Going off your gripes there'd be no one to ref an npl game in newy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Not sure why you have to bring the referees into it. Without them you wouldn't have a game to whinge about week in week out. From someone who doesn't have the balls to referee. Going off your gripes there'd be no one to ref an npl game in newy.
    If the bloke could ref and had even half a personality he "might" be accepted, Strickland goes alright cause he has personality

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    If you ref the way you react to the post Stryker then it's no wonder people are frustrated with the poor standard of refs in the NPL.

Well

Haha
    Hope that made you feel good. Bit of a low act, publicly defaming people involved in local football by name, behind an alias.
    Says more about you than it does about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If you ref the way you react to the post Stryker then it's no wonder people are frustrated with the poor standard of refs in the NPL.
    Can you really blame referees for reacting?
    They get very little, if any, positive recognition outside their own association. It is the most thankless job in football.
    The only way to get better refs, as you all desperately call for, is to either:
    1. Train and develop existing referees, which is done via coursework (not really gonn help in game situations) and practicing, ie actually refereeing games of increasingly difficult standard. Which is going to mean sometimes referees are out of their depth.
    2. Increase the pool of referees to choose from. If you pick the best 5 referees out of a pool of 8 to referee the weekends matches, you're probs not going to get as good a quality as if you had 20 referees to choose from.
    The way to increase the pool is to make it an encouraging and fruitful environment and role. The whole countries mindset towards referees has contributed to the problem. Kids as young as 10 will start arguing with referees, which is okay when the referee is 15. But when you go up in age groups, progress to seniors etc, this becomes an obvious burden and problem. The players bullying inexperienced younger referees that are trying to develop, spectators yelling abuse, coaches making comments. You can't deny, you hear some terrible comments, sometimes even personal comments, directed towards referees and it is deemed acceptable.
    Can Gaurantee there would be uproar if referees started swearing at coaches, or telling players how s*** they are when they miss a shot. But nobody blinks and eyelid when it happens the other way.
    Verbal abuse has become "okay" when it's directed at somebody "being paid" on a sport field.

I don't think any referee says "okay, gonna make some terrible calls today. I hope I ruin this game". They try their best. They call it how they see it.
    If the players didn't do anything illegal in the first place, if they didn't try and deceive the referee at every opportunity there'd be less chance of the referee impacting upon the game.

Treat referees better. Encourage younger people to take it up. Help them instead of hinder. You will end up with more referees. You will create a better environment. You will help develop and nurture better referees.

Well

Haha
    We can only hope.

It must be terrible to be such a bitter person.
    The game exists because of everyone involved including officials and volunteers.

It is poor form to continually bag people by name and does nothing to improve the game locally.
    I don't mind banter but your constant whinging about the same people that you have had issues with forever is becoming tiresome.

I vote 1 - Ned off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Can you really blame referees for reacting?
    They get very little, if any, positive recognition outside their own association. It is the most thankless job in football.
    The only way to get better refs, as you all desperately call for, is to either:
    1. Train and develop existing referees, which is done via coursework (not really gonn help in game situations) and practicing, ie actually refereeing games of increasingly difficult standard. Which is going to mean sometimes referees are out of their depth.
    2. Increase the pool of referees to choose from. If you pick the best 5 referees out of a pool of 8 to referee the weekends matches, you're probs not going to get as good a quality as if you had 20 referees to choose from.
    The way to increase the pool is to make it an encouraging and fruitful environment and role. The whole countries mindset towards referees has contributed to the problem. Kids as young as 10 will start arguing with referees, which is okay when the referee is 15. But when you go up in age groups, progress to seniors etc, this becomes an obvious burden and problem. The players bullying inexperienced younger referees that are trying to develop, spectators yelling abuse, coaches making comments. You can't deny, you hear some terrible comments, sometimes even personal comments, directed towards referees and it is deemed acceptable.
    Can Gaurantee there would be uproar if referees started swearing at coaches, or telling players how s*** they are when they miss a shot. But nobody blinks and eyelid when it happens the other way.
    Verbal abuse has become "okay" when it's directed at somebody "being paid" on a sport field.

I don't think any referee says "okay, gonna make some terrible calls today. I hope I ruin this game". They try their best. They call it how they see it.
    If the players didn't do anything illegal in the first place, if they didn't try and deceive the referee at every opportunity there'd be less chance of the referee impacting upon the game.

Treat referees better. Encourage younger people to take it up. Help them instead of hinder. You will end up with more referees. You will create a better environment. You will help develop and nurture better referees.
    Great here is Captain Save A Ref on another high horse rant any time someone makes any comment on the standard of officiating or whether a call was right or wrong or whatever in he comes to save the day and save the honour of referees every where

It one thing that holds referees back

Insecurity

Just as those officials to weak to deal with the abuse of the players and spectators pack it in and give it away suffer from insecurity issues

No one said referees have it easy but until they man up and can take some criticism and grow a pair and learn to handle their role then the same shit will keep happening

Dissent from the players is controllable by the cards in your pocket

Grow a pair and use them

Refs having issues with players is down to their inadequacy

Refs having problems with spectators ??

Your not there to make ****s happy

Apply the rules based on what you see and grow a pair
    Last edited by MFKS; 29-07-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Agreed. Players are far too inclined to challenge every decision or even yell at ref before he has time to make a call. I would like to see every dispute carded until the habit is wiped out. And some abusive supporters need to be spoken to by their clubs rather than encouraged.

Well

Haha
    Bit harsh Ned, just let me paraphrase Bob Menzies- Ned:"Hey Tonester tell us what you know about football it'll only take 10 minutes " Tonester:" I'll tell everyone what we both know,it won't take any longer ".

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Great here is Captain Save A Ref on another high horse rant any time someone makes any comment on the standard of officiating or whether a call was right or wrong or whatever in he comes to save the day and save the honour of referees every where

It one thing that holds referees back

Insecurity

Just as those officials to weak to deal with the abuse of the players and spectators pack it in and give it away suffer from insecurity issues

No one said referees have it easy but until they man up and can take some criticism and grow a pair and learn to handle their role then the same shit will keep happening

Dissent from the players is controllable by the cards in your pocket

Grow a pair and use them

Refs having issues with players is down to their inadequacy

Refs having problems with spectators ??

Your not there to make ****s happy

Apply the rules based on what you see and grow a pair
    See the problem is I'm not referring to the 20+ year olds that are socially reasonably equipped and able to understand the frustration of people. By the time referees reach the NPL they are well accustomed to this verbal abuse.

I'm referring to the 14 year olds that start refereeing. I'm referring the roughly 50-100 new referees that sign up each year to become a refereee. I'm referring the referees that give it up before they reach seniors, the referees that refuse to move into NNSW state league referees branch, the referees that are happy to referee park soccer. They get turned off it. I had people stop me in the car park to tell me I was a disgrace because I pulled his 12 year old son up for a hand ball. I was able to laugh that off and move on. But I've seen/heard of teams surrounding referee cars preventing them from leaving.

If you bothered to read somebody else's opinion, you'd see I gave 2 ways to increase the quality that we get at NPL level.
    1. Training, which can only do so much. Despite all the courses etc some referees will be unable to improve.
    2. Increase the pool to choose from.

I then brainstormed ideas to increase the pool, or to at least retain referees. And that starts when they are 14, 15, 16, 17. Frankly, your "grow some balls and man up" comments don't really work for those referees that have given it a go to see what it's like. It's far easier to say, screw dealing with this abuse, than it is to persevere through it.

Yeh, you can say that to the current NPL referees, they are there because they don't really care what people think.

But, your losing 100s of potentially good referees too soon due to abuse. They are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    See the problem is I'm not referring to the 20+ year olds that are socially reasonably equipped and able to understand the frustration of people. By the time referees reach the NPL they are well accustomed to this verbal abuse.

I'm referring to the 14 year olds that start refereeing. I'm referring the roughly 50-100 new referees that sign up each year to become a refereee. I'm referring the refenrees that give it up before they reach seniors, the referees that refuse to move into NNSW state league referees branch, the referees that are happy to referee park soccer. They get turned off it. I had people stop me in the car park to tell me I was a disgrace because I pulled his 12 year old son up for a hand ball. I was able to laugh that off and move on. But I've seen/heard of teams surrounding referee cars preventing them from leaving.

If you bothered to read somebody else's opinion, you'd see I gave 2 ways to increase the quality that we get at NPL level.
    1. Training, which can only do so much. Despite all the courses etc some referees will be unable to improve.
    2. Increase the pool to choose from.

I then brainstormed ideas to increase the pool, or to at least retain referees. And that starts when they are 14, 15, 16, 17. Frankly, your "grow some balls and man up" comments don't really work for those referees that have given it a go to see what it's like. It's far easier to say, screw dealing with this abuse, than it is to persevere through it.

Yeh, you can say that to the current NPL referees, they are there because they don't really care what people think.

But, your losing 100s of potentially good referees too soon due to abuse. They are the facts.
    Blah blah blah, they need a personality, full stop.