Probably sign for Jets as marquee

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Maitland 7-0 up with 5 to go.
    I for one blame a game scheduled on anzac day
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Hoole sent off after 19 minutes wouldn't have helped Magic's cause
    Was apparently 2-0 after 6 minutes ?

Just saw all the goals from a facebook clip.

Was there 4 penalties, did I count? Magic seemed super reckless in their own box, and it all seemed four-nothing.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Where are Zico , Cobra , Terryk and The Magician today
    I'm here but hurting.

MFKS is not the maitland mauling of magic pathetic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    MFKS is not the maitland mauling of magic pathetic.
    Yeah Magic showed complete lack of pride in the shirt to capitulate like that no doubt

What must be even more embarassing is the blokes who got spanked by Magic midweek by 8-0.

How ****ing bad are they going??

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    What happened ???
    What is going on at Magic ???
    the member summed it up,
    No pride in the shirt..
    Thats what it looks like to me.
    other then that i still cant wrap my head around it.

i know we will bounce back but maybe it might be too late..

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yeah Magic showed complete lack of pride in the shirt to capitulate like that no doubt

What must be even more embarassing is the blokes who got spanked by Magic midweek by 8-0.

How ****ing bad are they going??
    Why? they are a division below.
    The same division Maitland were in a three or so years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    the member summed it up,
    No pride in the shirt..
    Thats what it looks like to me.
    other then that i still cant wrap my head around it.

i know we will bounce back but maybe it might be too late..
    Long way back from 8th. Quality squad on paper so I'm guessing some questions will be asked of Rubes very soon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Long way back from 8th. Quality squad on paper so I'm guessing some questions will be asked of Rubes very soon.
    Quality squad on paper but you have a bit of a soft underbelly

Too many walkers in the team

Too top heavy with attacking players not enough graft

Your defence has been your issue really since John Bennis called it a day

Too many blokes on reputation not getting moved on before their use by date was up also

In some regards this result may be exactly what you need to force some change

The Magician hit the nail on the head when he spoke in an earlier post, with great authority, about the culture of parents promoting their kids by actively associating themselves with coaches, managers and committee members. Not only can undeserving players end up in higher grades, but many other players and parents have walked away from the club because of this practice.

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    The Magician hit the nail on the head when he spoke in an earlier post, with great authority, about the culture of parents promoting their kids by actively associating themselves with coaches, managers and committee members. Not only can undeserving players end up in higher grades, but many other players and parents have walked away from the club because of this practice.
    Are you referring to Jaffas youth prodigy Michael Williams walking from the club from Ryan Griffiths arrival and subsequent removal from the PPS?

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Are you referring to Jaffas youth prodigy Michael Williams walking from the club from Ryan Griffiths arrival and subsequent removal from the PPS?
    Nah. Just talking about your observations of events at Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Quality squad on paper but you have a bit of a soft underbelly

Too many walkers in the team

Too top heavy with attacking players not enough graft

Your defence has been your issue really since John Bennis called it a day

Too many blokes on reputation not getting moved on before their use by date was up also

In some regards this result may be exactly what you need to force some change
    Without a doubt the most accurate post you have made, I fully agree.

Nah. Just talking about your observations of events at Magic.
    Four Magic Youth players have made their First Grade debut this season, not sure nepotism in Magic's squad selections is at the root of their current issues.

The most vocal parents i was referring to in that previous post had moved on because they had exhausted their relationship with their respective coach, becoming a cancer is each squad. Any committee would be happy to see them leave irrespective of the talent of the individual player, sad but true. Agree with the member also.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Four Magic Youth players have made their First Grade debut this season, not sure nepotism in Magic's squad selections is at the root of their current issues.

The most vocal parents i was referring to in that previous post had moved on because they had exhausted their relationship with their respective coach, becoming a cancer is each squad. Any committee would be happy to see them leave irrespective of the talent of the individual player, sad but true. Agree with the member also.
    You brought up the nepotism with apparently great knowledge on the subject. Certainly strange to hear that those sucking up to the management are the ones to leave while those watching it go on are happy to stay. Sounds a bit back to front to me.
    I agree it is a problem everywhere, but you are sticking your head in the sand if you keep ignoring the real reasons why so many left Magic in recent times. Perhaps you are confusing speaking out against nepotism with participating in it.

The article in today's NMH by Craig Kerry is 100% spot on . The original concept of the PPS was to reduce player wages , encourage youth players to come through each club's system , and to discourage player " gypsies" moving around for an extra dollar
    Not really NNSW fault as it is a National Policy . But it has failed miserably .
    The players payments are out of control . One wonders how the club's can manage it all .
    The movement of players has not slowed , as clearly shown by Lambton picking up now [8] new players without a points penalty.
    So much for youth , again as clearly shown by Lambton , Olypmic are not much better .
    All for about $13- $15k in prizemoney
    Massive failure to administer the game at the highest level . The PPS was to assist clubs , if anything it has gone the other way .
    Basically what they have created in NNSW is a [4] Team comp , with the others busting their nuts , on and off the field to keep up . Hard working volunteers are leaving in droves .
    Something has to change for the good of the game .
    At the moment in NNSW NPL the [2] biggest spenders have been justified by their current position on the table .
    Unfortunately , if you have been around the game long enough , you will understand that this " new money " is all short term stuff .
    Look back at Stewarts & Lloyds , Doyalson RSL , Croatia , 3 Versions of Lakes . All short term stuff .
    It is no secret that Lambton rely 100% on the business acuman , contacts , networking of just one [1] person .
    All short term stuff .
    History never lies .
    Unless radical changes are made , look forward to a 4 Team comp . Financially it is already with us now .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NED DEVINE View Post
    The article in today's NMH by Craig Kerry is 100% spot on . The original concept of the PPS was to reduce player wages , encourage youth players to come through each club's system , and to discourage player " gypsies" moving around for an extra dollar
    Not really NNSW fault as it is a National Policy . But it has failed miserably .
    The players payments are out of control . One wonders how the club's can manage it all .
    The movement of players has not slowed , as clearly shown by Lambton picking up now [8] new players without a points penalty.
    So much for youth , again as clearly shown by Lambton , Olypmic are not much better .
    All for about $13- $15k in prizemoney
    Massive failure to administer the game at the highest level . The PPS was to assist clubs , if anything it has gone the other way .
    Basically what they have created in NNSW is a [4] Team comp , with the others busting their nuts , on and off the field to keep up . Hard working volunteers are leaving in droves .
    Something has to change for the good of the game .
    At the moment in NNSW NPL the [2] biggest spenders have been justified by their current position on the table .
    Unfortunately , if you have been around the game long enough , you will understand that this " new money " is all short term stuff .
    Look back at Stewarts & Lloyds , Doyalson RSL , Croatia , 3 Versions of Lakes . All short term stuff .
    It is no secret that Lambton rely 100% on the business acuman , contacts , networking of just one [1] person .
    All short term stuff .
    History never lies .
    Unless radical changes are made , look forward to a 4 Team comp . Financially it is already with us now .
    These 8 that Jaffas have got

Go through how they not getting points penalty??

You brought up the nepotism with apparently great knowledge on the subject. Certainly strange to hear that those sucking up to the management are the ones to leave while those watching it go on are happy to stay. Sounds a bit back to front to me.
    I agree it is a problem everywhere, but you are sticking your head in the sand if you keep ignoring the real reasons why so many left Magic in recent times. Perhaps you are confusing speaking out against nepotism with participating in it.
    I'm well aware of why so many players have left, its quite simple really. Lack of turn over in first grade, nothing more nothing less... if you have something to say then say it...

But players are given the opportunity and they must show the drive and commitment to be better than Piddo or Haynes or Griffiths... Parents telling players they should be playing first grade is hilarious when you see how these boys train with established first graders. They all have the opportunity to train together at Magic, senior squad (U20's and NPL) is one. What do you do with your time in that environment, is up to you- Mummy and Daddy can't stop the ball for you so you can have a shot, this is senior football. No coach is going to take a chance on a kid untried and tested, if they are showing promise at training, then they will get a chance. But most kids dont get there coz they lack the drive and concentration to be good trainers, then get frustrated that they hit their development road block, lack patience then blame the club for their inability to take the next step, then move clubs only to lose to Magic in the youth grade they just left when they were promised they would be playing up.
    Last edited by The Magician; 10-05-2017 at 01:54 PM.