Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    So team playing 2nd leg away always has advantage!! In this case it also is the team that is lower on the table. So after both teams have had same time frame and rules applied over 2 x 90 minute games, one team can win in extra time without scoring more goals. You should be on committe at CCB and board of Northern with that logic!
    Team playing 2nd leg at home has home grown advantage crowd support local knowledge of conditions etc

An extra 30 mins to use these factors to help it over the line

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Team playing 2nd leg at home has home grown advantage crowd support local knowledge of conditions etc

An extra 30 mins to use these factors to help it over the line
    Garbage

Keep it as is.
    Both teams have 90 minutes at home and 90 minutes away using away goals rule.
    If neither team can win, extra time with no away goals is fair. If anything the home team in second leg finished higher and deserves the "home advantage" if it's gone that far.

May as well make the away teams penalties worth 2 goals as well, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Garbage
    Agreed. Same crowds go to both games and weather the same at both grounds. One side having to score 1 goal less in injury time than opponent is massive advantage, and unfair when it is the team that is lower on table that gets that advantage of an extra 30 minutes to count away goals.

Sounds like the nnsw and magic love affair is on life support going off tomorrow's paper.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Sounds like the nnsw and magic love affair is on life support going off tomorrow's paper.
    Magic along with Eagles seem to be serial offenders when it comes to not knowing the competition rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Brew View Post
    Magic along with Eagles seem to be serial offenders when it comes to not knowing the competition rules.
    Edgeworth knew the rules, they just chose to ignore them
    Magic knew the rules, just forgot to keep their "celebrating" players away from NNSW officials

This will be big, pretty bad behaviour by all reports, nnswf really need to start showing some balls here

they should name and shame the players.

A lot of people know exactly who

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    If we're lucky, Newysports probably have it all on film
    OK

These last few days have been a total mind blow for me. I thought I knew football rules pretty well but I didn't know that away goals rule applied to Extra Time in ANY competition, but apparently that is the the commonly accepted standard. I was always under the assumption that Away Goals only applied for the 90mins, and didn't apply to Extra Time. Like NNSW have set up. I really, really hate the idea of Extra Time goals having the away goals rule applied to them, to be honest. Extra Time goals are huge as-is, they don't need away goals tainting them. I agree with NNSW's rule setup and I wish it was universal. ET goals having away goals applied to them isn't fair to the team hosting the final game because they never had the opportunity for away ET goals
    Last edited by pv4; 29-08-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    These last few days have been a total mind blow for me. I thought I knew football rules pretty well but I didn't know that away goals rule applied to Extra Time in ANY competition, but apparently that is the the commonly accepted standard. I was always under the assumption that Away Goals only applied for the 90mins, and didn't apply to Extra Time. Like NNSW have set up. I really, really hate the idea of Extra Time goals having the away goals rule applied to them, to be honest. Extra Time goals are huge as-is, they don't need away goals tainting them. I agree with NNSW's rule setup and I wish it was universal. ET goals having away goals applied to them isn't fair to the team hosting the final game because they never had the opportunity for away ET goals
    Based on that, you might as well just scrap extra time then, because the home team never had a chance for 30 minutes of extra play at their ground. Or you could apply the same rules to the biggest club football competition in the world...
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I agree, and i could swear that back in the 90's and 2000's watching champions league that this was never a rule. it was away goals for 90 minutes each then extra time is just standard, now away goals apply in extra time, which is ridiculous.

Wait. The higher team is supposed to play second home game so they can get advantage of home extra time.

As for the extra time stuff the away goal rule is naff. Get the Pens on. Better still go back to major minor semis this home and away is boring to me

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Wait. The higher team is supposed to play second home game so they can get advantage of home extra time.

As for the extra time stuff the away goal rule is naff. Get the Pens on. Better still go back to major minor semis this home and away is boring to me
    Agreed, but this current set up won't change so clubs all get a piece of the finals pie ($$$).

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    I have heard from a good sauce who was at the magic clubhouse that the head coach of Magic was one of the main offenders and was ejected by security stadf

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    I have heard from a good sauce who was at the magic clubhouse that the head coach of Magic was one of the main offenders and was ejected by security stadf
    if true, he has had a rollercoaster season. what are they so upset about anyway, its not like northern released the rules and said away goals includes extra time then changed their mind at the end of the 120 min. was always the rule for NNSW that away goals ends after 90 min. players and coaching staff should be annoyed with the committee for no one bothering to look up the rules and communicate it through the squad. which im sure peter Haynes would know this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Edgeworth knew the rules, they just chose to ignore them
    Magic knew the rules, just forgot to keep their "celebrating" players away from NNSW officials
    This is exactly why NNSW need to hire grounds outright and manage the whole day, not just manage the parts that suit them (gate takings$$$$$)

Home games are only a financial advantage to clubs in these one city competitions. Both teams supporters turn up to each ground. Only advantage is with some of the crappy pitches a better technical side can be more easily matched by a bunch of shirt pulling, ankle kickers.