Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    What's your thoughts on Azzurri U20's Go Away

I know it's hard to gauge but Magic 20's beat Indigenous 3-1 and in return Indigenous beat Azzurri 20's 3-1

Just wondering if Azzurri lost young players with new coach coming on board and bringing back a heap of older players, effectively killing player development pathway to first grade

Makes it hard to attract quality youth

What do you think
    If we are comparing Magic to Azzuri 20s, unfortunately Magic were a different class, but they did have dowse and a few others I cant think of that are Under 20 and getting regular first grade at Magic, Azzurri were down a couple of players who also were regular first graders at azzurri, but they were actually playing for the indigenous team against them, with one scoring a couple of the goals and the other a rock at the back. Indigenous only had three players over 18, wit h Hearfield, Swadling, and others to come in

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    If we are comparing Magic to Azzuri 20s, unfortunately Magic were a different class, but they did have dowse and a few others I cant think of that are Under 20 and getting regular first grade at Magic, Azzurri were down a couple of players who also were regular first graders at azzurri, but they were actually playing for the indigenous team against them, with one scoring a couple of the goals and the other a rock at the back. Indigenous only had three players over 18, wit h Hearfield, Swadling, and others to come in
    GA interesing comments on your star studded 20's, stating there isnt a comparison to Magic, im sure those comments will inspire them to great things or maybe all the 18's players retained are not up to 20's

I believe the Magic side, had no 1st grade players, except the fringe youngsters like Dowse, Wislon Ifield whom are 18,19, actually had some 15 year olds, and plenty of 18 year olds whom played a full game prior.
    Score should have been 5 or 6 for Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    GA interesing comments on your star studded 20's, stating there isnt a comparison to Magic, im sure those comments will inspire them to great things or maybe all the 18's players retained are not up to 20's

I believe the Magic side, had no 1st grade players, except the fringe youngsters like Dowse, Wislon Ifield whom are 18,19, actually had some 15 year olds, and plenty of 18 year olds whom played a full game prior.
    Score should have been 5 or 6 for Magic.
    Thanks Ruben

best players by a looooong shot for both indigenous teams, were young Keeper Abrahams- playing for edgy now lakes, tressider CCB, and Tyrrel Magic

looks like maybe Magic just to good, but very early days and really can't read to much into it
    I assume the rock at the back you refer to was Tressider? Have heard some good things about him, he has had some first grade exposure. Maybe he strengthens Azzurri but he would be in Tacnhovski sights surly, not 20's

looks like maybe Magic just to good, but very early days and really can't read to much into it
    I assume the rock at the back you refer to was Tressider? Have heard some good things about him, he has had some first grade exposure. Maybe he strengthens Azzurri but he would be in Tacnhovski sights surly, not 20's
    You would hope so, there will need to be young legs around them, with Cook and Pippen in the mix as well, the other 19yo has scored five goals in four games for the indigenous team and has already played twenty first grade games for Azzurri including scoring against Edgeworth in his only First Grade start last year, without being bias haha.

BTW ....Go Away is no longer President of CCB as his work has gotten priority, still follow the boys but. Strong coaches and committee taking the club forward.

Thx for update, knew you had some affiliation with Azzurri
    Shame you have to give up a passion for a necessity hey

I wonder if NNSW have any idea of the work load on a club these days

Thx for update, knew you had some affiliation with Azzurri
    Shame you have to give up a passion for a necessity hey

I wonder if NNSW have any idea of the work load on a club these days
    They don"t, and is 90% of the reason I cant be as involved anymore.

They don"t, and is 90% of the reason I cant be as involved anymore.
    Bring back Ned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Bring back Ned !!
    watch the late dash from behind... SPARKY to the helm
    his notable style, right down his alley

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    wow

lols but

Keen to escape the “rat race” of Melbourne, Milicevic moved to Bondi immediately after the season
    from rat race to Satans anus is not a better move. Lucky he back in normal town

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    wow

lols but

from rat race to Satans anus is not a better move. Lucky he back in normal town
    PPS in action... is that 11 signings now for CCB...

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Where is the famous Ned Devine , the guy who bags every other club about buying players and boasts about Charlestown's development and youth policy.
    Very quiet of late Ned , not a fan of the new recruitment policy ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    new meaning of blue rinse

youth development at its best- 1 youngster signed, rest on pension
    National Premier league or over 35's
    committee has identified a loop hole with government pension payments to fund CCBRFC in season 2018

love Lubo though!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    new meaning of blue rinse

youth development at its best- 1 youngster signed, rest on pension
    National Premier league or over 35's
    committee has identified a loop hole with government pension payments to fund CCBRFC in season 2018

love Lubo though!
    Agree thoroughly but it is great we getting a pile of ex national league level players in the comp

Griff
    Ry Griff
    Jobe
    McBreen
    Disco Stu
    Ljubo
    Bertos

Etc
    Etc

Be good if we getting them a fraction younger with stronger legs etc but it still a positive in some ways

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Happy with Ljubo signing but what about paying this years wages first, not a good look, there's a few players not happy, show us the money
    Disgrace if this the case FR

I sure hope they don't slug the juniors and their parents with a pay up earlier demand to get the cash to settle their debts

It just shows they need to drop the wages

If they can't pay them by November then they were paying too much to start with

I can assure you all this is true, go to CCB Facebook site and the reaction of some of the players after the signing was announced tells a story

FR ..... you have absolutely zero idea, either take the word of a disgruntled player or the word of a former president who does everything for ZERO dollars, every contract has stated.... all players to be payed October 31st.... which unless you know better, is tomorrow a s required the club b has sent an rmail to ALL players owed, provide up to date bank details as na bet will be deposited tomorrow, ( 31st October ) so please GO AWAY or comment on reality not fantasy land you clown!!!
    Last edited by GO AWAY; 30-10-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Disgrace if this the case FR

I sure hope they don't slug the juniors and their parents with a pay up earlier demand to get the cash to settle their debts

It just shows they need to drop the wages

If they can't pay them by November then they were paying too much to start with
    $800 up front after selection to accept, and rego to be $1200+ in season 2018