Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    See the problem is I'm not referring to the 20+ year olds that are socially reasonably equipped and able to understand the frustration of people. By the time referees reach the NPL they are well accustomed to this verbal abuse.

I'm referring to the 14 year olds that start refereeing. I'm referring the roughly 50-100 new referees that sign up each year to become a refereee. I'm referring the referees that give it up before they reach seniors, the referees that refuse to move into NNSW state league referees branch, the referees that are happy to referee park soccer. They get turned off it. I had people stop me in the car park to tell me I was a disgrace because I pulled his 12 year old son up for a hand ball. I was able to laugh that off and move on. But I've seen/heard of teams surrounding referee cars preventing them from leaving.

If you bothered to read somebody else's opinion, you'd see I gave 2 ways to increase the quality that we get at NPL level.
    1. Training, which can only do so much. Despite all the courses etc some referees will be unable to improve.
    2. Increase the pool to choose from.

I then brainstormed ideas to increase the pool, or to at least retain referees. And that starts when they are 14, 15, 16, 17. Frankly, your "grow some balls and man up" comments don't really work for those referees that have given it a go to see what it's like. It's far easier to say, screw dealing with this abuse, than it is to persevere through it.

Yeh, you can say that to the current NPL referees, they are there because they don't really care what people think.

But, your losing 100s of potentially good referees too soon due to abuse. They are the facts.
    We are losing 100s of potentially good refs??

What does this mean??

We are actually just losing the weak ones early on

No one has said referees have it easy
    If you are signing up to be a referee whether you are 14 24 34 or 44 you know what the score is

Your not going to be popular and your going to cop some abuse

If you are unaware of this you are not naive but for want of a better phrase living in a delusion

Now one of the reasons we losing so many referees is because we as society are quite happy to cuddle people with the everyone wins a prize bull shit so people grow up insecure and need reassurance from others

These 14 year old refs quit because they are not used to or capable of dealing with a few choice words because they are not made to deal with shit not going there way in life

That a society issue

As for your ideas on more training??

**** me

Certificate Certificate Certificate
    Just revenue raising and does **** all in reality

You can train some of these refs 5 days a week for 8 hours a day and they be just as shit in a year's time

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    We are losing 100s of potentially good refs??

What does this mean??

We are actually just losing the weak ones early on

No one has said referees have it easy
    If you are signing up to be a referee whether you are 14 24 34 or 44 you know what the score is

Your not going to be popular and your going to cop some abuse

If you are unaware of this you are not naive but for want of a better phrase living in a delusion

Now one of the reasons we losing so many referees is because we as society are quite happy to cuddle people with the everyone wins a prize bull shit so people grow up insecure and need reassurance from others

These 14 year old refs quit because they are not used to or capable of dealing with a few choice words because they are not made to deal with shit not going there way in life

That a society issue

As for your ideas on more training??

**** me

Certificate Certificate Certificate
    Just revenue raising and does **** all in reality

You can train some of these refs 5 days a week for 8 hours a day and they be just as shit in a year's time
    The reason we are losing so many referees is because of people like you and your attitude who have no balls to give refereeing a go and so many ill disciplined players and coaches who do little other than encourage players to break the rules and react poorly when they get caught.
    Maybe if more players took up refereeing they would finally actually learn the rules and then teams would be happier with player/referees.Since so many players already try to referee games you should all be happy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    The reason we are losing so many referees is because of people like you and your attitude who have no balls to give refereeing a go and so many ill disciplined players and coaches who do little other than encourage players to break the rules and react poorly when they get caught.
    Maybe if more players took up refereeing they would finally actually learn the rules and then teams would be happier with player/referees.Since so many players already try to referee games you should all be happy.
    ****ing LoL.
    It all my fault other people are not able to handle a bit of criticism??

No mate. That rests firmly on their shoulders

I have no interest in being a referee because I have other things on in my life

That being said I would actually go well at it if I took it up

You know why?

Because I actually have the RIGHT attitude required

I just don't give a **** whether people like or agree with me

Matter of fact my occupation mirrors much of what referees cop

I already deal with it on a daily basis

I think you'll find that even in the Emerging Jets program, diving and shirt pulling are 2 basic skills taught by GVE. So players and coaches should not complain about refs when they do everything possible to bend or break the rules.

****ing LoL.

You know why?

Telstra Customer Service representative??

****ing LoL.

You know why?

And look how you've turned out ��

What's the solution then? How do we get better referees?
    I'd like to hear your answer. Which if I recall correctly, I always ask you but you run away.
    So how about you have a go and explain how we get to a better level of refereeing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    No

But that would actually be where Captain Save A Ref should look to recruit from

As they cop more than enough abuse they definitely have the balls for the job

****ing LoL.

You know why?

You would go well if you took it up-big words for someone with no balls to give it a go.
    "I have other things in my life"sounds like a great copout
    Put up or shut up works for me.
    Quick to criticise but slow to prove
    That will do me

Banned
    And look how you've turned out ��

What's the solution then? How do we get better referees?
    I'd like to hear your answer. Which if I recall correctly, I always ask you but you run away.
    So how about you have a go and explain how we get to a better level of refereeing.
    Cut the bullshit

Apply the pre existing rules and start dishing out yellow and reds to players for dissent like you should be doing in the first place

Every week players swear and show dissent at you because you FAIL to take action

Maybe if you did they would stop

As for the crowd??
    Do you think blokes like Matthew Breeze and that cheating Gillette **** from Brisbane Roar give a **** what the fans thought of them??

No they didn't

Maybe your so called coaching should drum this into you not to be ****ing worried about what the plebs on the sideline are saying.

Stop being insecure and expecting everyone to want to come toast marshmallows and sing Kumbayah whikst holding hands going around in a circle at full-time

Because that your biggest problem. Your afraid and you want approval. Seeking it from the wrong places you are

Cut the bullshit

Apply the pre existing rules and start dishing out yellow and reds to players for dissent like you should be doing in the first place

Every week players swear and show dissent at you because you FAIL to take action

As for the crowd??
    Do you think blokes like Matthew Breeze and that cheating Gillette **** from Brisbane Roar give a **** what the fans thought of them??

No they didn't

Maybe your so called coaching should drum this into you not to be ****ing worried about what the plebs on the sideline are saying.

Stop being insecure and expecting everyone to want to come toast marshmallows and sing Kumbayah whikst holding hands going around in a circle at full-time

Because that your biggest problem. Your afraid and you want approval. Seeking it from the wrong places you are
    Never heard so much BS in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    These poor bastards get paid much less an hour than our refs.

Cut the bullshit

As for the crowd??

No they didn't

Nice to hear some constructive comments coming from you.
    I think that'll really reinforce the referee ranks and improve the quality like I asked.

Would you like to try again? This time have a good think about it and let us all know your big grand ideas to address a problem that you enjoy whinging about so passionately.
    Look forward to it....doubt it will be forthcoming though.

In other news, Edgeworth beat Weston 3-0

Yeah and Adamstown beat a sluggish Azzurri 1-0

Banned
    Nice to hear some constructive comments coming from you.
    I think that'll really reinforce the referee ranks and improve the quality like I asked.

Would you like to try again? This time have a good think about it and let us all know your big grand ideas to address a problem that you enjoy whinging about so passionately.
    Look forward to it....doubt it will be forthcoming though.
    What

Your the one whinging about the dissent from the players

I have given you a solution

Use your cards like you are actually meant to

If you do it.

Dissent stops

The fact that there is dissent on the pitch from the players is down to the referees tolerating it by not applying the cards

Hey I can't help it you don't like my solution regardless of how simple it is and itinerary your rule book and all

Problem is it requires your refs to grow some balls and actually do it

Banned
    You would go well if you took it up-big words for someone with no balls to give it a go.
    "I have other things in my life"sounds like a great copout
    Put up or shut up works for me.
    Quick to criticise but slow to prove
    That will do me
    No it ain't a cop out it the reality of things that I have other things in my life that are my priority on weekends

Plus I ain't using big words pal.

I ain't exactly frightened of what people think of me
    Judge my posting on the foz for reference

Quote Originally Posted by NED DEVINE View Post
    Well
    After all those kind words I might hang around and Continue to scrutinize the following :
    Steve Wright - he always wanted to be the King of something
    Forever Red - you can take the boy out of southy , but you can never take the southy out of the boy
    Sparky - Aka Richard Clement for his piss poor performance for CCB
    The Pirate - for all the players he has stolen or conned - those tactics will become almost like a dinasaur

The referees association for continuing to promote Ryan Gallagher and other Nuftis

To the Lollies - good luck without sneddo - Harry Edwards Oval within 2 years

Tonester - absolute spastic

I just might consider my retirement
    Haha
    Well Mr Tull, You still continue to dribble absolute rubbish. You have ego as big as your head and a heart the size of a pea.
    What have you done to better football in the hunter?
    All you have done is totally ruin CCB as a club
    Now you have been driven out, all of sudden they pick up.
    What a hide you have to bag anyone out
    Steve Wright had CCB on the rise with great sponsorship until you stuffed that
    Forever red has done more for Cardiff South and men of football than you have done for anyone or anything
    Richard Clement as i remember bailed you out of the mire when CCB was going rapidly out the back door
    Bolch has had sooo much more success than you would ever be capable of, except for burying your head where the sun dont shine.
    You show your total arogance by even bagging out refs, how low can you go.
    Even Tonester did more for CCB than you ever have.

So go on retire, shut up, go away, and bury your head in shame because you are nothing more than a grub with belly rash from slivering along where you are not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by fan atic View Post
    Well Mr Tull, You still continue to dribble absolute rubbish. You have ego as big as your head and a heart the size of a pea.
    What have you done to better football in the hunter?
    All you have done is totally ruin CCB as a club
    Now you have been driven out, all of sudden they pick up.
    What a hide you have to bag anyone out
    Steve Wright had CCB on the rise with great sponsorship until you stuffed that
    Forever red has done more for Cardiff South and men of football than you have done for anyone or anything
    Richard Clement as i remember bailed you out of the mire when CCB was going rapidly out the back door
    Bolch has had sooo much more success than you would ever be capable of, except for burying your head where the sun dont shine.
    You show your total arogance by even bagging out refs, how low can you go.
    Even Tonester did more for CCB than you ever have.

So go on retire, shut up, go away, and bury your head in shame because you are nothing more than a grub with belly rash from slivering along where you are not wanted.
    These people didn't do as much for their clubs as make out, don't worry Ned there are more that agree with you than those that don't

Ref convo and CCB chat has ended...... no one wins

back to other NPL chat

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
    your an ideas man walker
    to hope and win trophies takes precedence it seems
    Problem is everyone seems to want about 18's & 20's format, not enough time to develop players etc,
    And plenty complain about older players getting " too much " money

Simple way around it, give the young ones a go and see if they are good enough, see if they can step up

This is part of what I mean about having a strong committee, they need to make the tough decisions that improve the club.

There ya go hawk, club references removed
    Last edited by Walker; 30-07-2017 at 12:36 PM.