Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Didn't see game ,Olympic 2 lakes 2

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Long year ahead for Adamstown based on today, Jaffas scored 4 or 5, junior coach
    No relegation breeds poor sides, there will be plenty of this this season,

Agreed.
    I can see their point to a degree. That stability will allow clubs to put in place various measures and hopefully some of the money spent on player wages to avoid relegation could be spent on facilities and infrastructure and programs.
    Whether this happens or not, only time will tell.

I feel for clubs in NEWFM, without the incentive of promotion, there isn't much drive for players or clubs to improve. 3 years is a long time. With 3 years between another shot at promotion (and even then it is based on criteria) I fear for some of these clubs. And I think the gap between them, will get bigger.

Azzuri 4 Killarney Vale 1
    U20 1-1
    u18 2-0
    Josh small to Azzuri

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Azzuri 4 Killarney Vale 1
    U20 1-1
    u18 2-0
    Josh small to Azzuri
    Did Maguire play and is Matt Tull still at Azzurri.Not a bad result as Killarney romped in last year

Yes Maguire played as did Tully.

Archbold, Cascioroli and Mcsorley didn't play.

Was Killarney Vales first hit out, so not reading much in to it, 20s game was a better game, Killarney pressed high all game, where first grade seem to let us play out from the back, very different styles from them across two grades.

Grand final at Mcdonald Jones stadium... whats everyones thoughts?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Grand final at Mcdonald Jones stadium... whats everyones thoughts?
    Initial thoughts are it is a huge waste of money on northern's behalf..reduced atmosphere, pitch ripped up from a season of league and increased cost..Doesn't seem to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Initial thoughts are it is a huge waste of money on northern's behalf..reduced atmosphere, pitch ripped up from a season of league and increased cost..Doesn't seem to make sense.
    devastating
    how do we get Dominos pizza in now?

Could lack a bit of atmosphere but credit for trying something new, $15 entry could deter a few

Most likely attract a bigger crowd then the Jets!

I obviously don't speak for everyone but as a player i love the idea of having the grand final at McDonald Jones Stadium. you can say what you want about atmosphere, money etc. but at the end of the day playing a grand final at the stadium would be a dream come true for nearly every player in npl, especially those in the U-18s and U-20s.

I think it's great for trying to increase the professionalism of the league. The experience to play at the stadium would be a great experience for players and clubs.
    Not so great for spending, I assume, a lot of money to hire out the stadium. Money that could probably be better spent. But, it is our premier competition and idk, can give it a shot and see how it goes.

There's still something about walking into Wanderers oval and seeing the grass perfectly mowed and rolled, grandstand packed, your club support on the hill and walking out to a sea of people.
    You add some aspects of atmosphere, but take away just as many.

At least people can't complain about clubs getting all the proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think it's great for trying to increase the professionalism of the league. The experience to play at the stadium would be a great experience for players and clubs.
    Not so great for spending, I assume, a lot of money to hire out the stadium. Money that could probably be better spent. But, it is our premier competition and idk, can give it a shot and see how it goes.

There's still something about walking into Wanderers oval and seeing the grass perfectly mowed and rolled, grandstand packed, your club support on the hill and walking out to a sea of people.
    You add some aspects of atmosphere, but take away just as many.

At least people can't complain about clubs getting all the proceeds.
    I think it would get more people at the game than would normally go. How many people go to the real NRL GF that don't go to a game all year? In the paper it said that the gate takings should cover most of the cost, so shouldn't be too much out of northerns pockets. Only Magic (or Edgy) lose from it really but they'll get the new fm GF now.

I hope they set up like they did for the Olyroos game there a few years back. Close the whole Eastern stand and just have the Lower Western and both Hills open.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I hope they set up like they did for the Olyroos game there a few years back. Close the whole Eastern stand and just have the Lower Western and both Hills open.
    That's what they are doing

That's what they did for local rugby league grand final and there was quite a good atmosphere in there.

The big advantage i think is the corporate boxes. Most of these were taken for Rugby League, i cant see why it wouldn't be the same.
    I know its probably not as financially as good but i think numbers will increase which, is in the long run, is more important i think!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    That's what they did for local rugby league grand final and there was quite a good atmosphere in there.

The big advantage i think is the corporate boxes. Most of these were taken for Rugby League, i cant see why it wouldn't be the same.
    I know its probably not as financially as good but i think numbers will increase which, is in the long run, is more important i think!
    I'll tell you why it won't be the same. For years the rugby league grand final was getting between 8-10k as opposed to the npl getting 3-5k
    It's a terrible idea. As much as I dislike magic, they have the facilities to put on a good day

Banned
    Other thing to note is they talking about night time KO

Early september being outside at night isnt exactly family friendly weather

Yeah you will get your tragics but think they would get more blow ins holding.it on a Sunday arvo rather than a Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    I'll tell you why it won't be the same. For years the rugby league grand final was getting between 8-10k as opposed to the npl getting 3-5k
    It's a terrible idea. As much as I dislike magic, they have the facilities to put on a good day
    i think its a good idea having the opportunity to play on #1 ground...but
    NNSWF should charge $5 entry flat, rather than $15, keep in mind the beers and food will be exorbitant to other venues in NPL. A family of 4 will dish out easy $100 for entry 4x drinks 4x chips.
    my tip- BARTV will be the winner here, viewing will go through the roof, i can see NNSWF charging for subscription for viewing like the mundine fight, not to lose out.