Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    Just to clarify Pratt is out injured.
    Heard a rumour that Pratt is going back to the Central Coast to play for his old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Heard a rumour that Pratt is going back to the Central Coast to play for his old man.
    Or spotted at a cafe with Tanch...

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Or spotted at a cafe with Tanch...
    Who hasn't been spotted at a Cafe with Tanch

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    C'mon. The guy can play. But he has unfortunately lost his legs. Piggo is looking for experience to help his young group, but I don't think this is the right decision. It might work out, I am wrong often enough.
    Heard that weston have just released young players that were playing 1st grade.

Good results for Olympic, looking strong across all three grades

18's 6-1' 20's 5-1 and 1-0 firsts

Hopefully the plan is for the younger ones to progress thru and McGuinness can develop them

Not sure if it was Olympic played really well or Edgy were off or a bit of both, didn't like Bizzarri at 6 but watching Pasquale in the 20's he seems to off his game as well, premiers not looking strong in that position

Interesting run home now, I think magic will slip into the four, but not sure who will fall ?? Gonna be good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Azzurri 2 Jaffas 2 .... Azzurri missed a penalty , Lambton second goal .. NO GOAL !!!
    Just watched this on bar tv
    I can't say either way, ball in or out, but will say under 6 stuff to play to ref's whistle

Play on

Also just watched red card from yesterday's U/20 match Olympic v Edgy. Terrible decision from ref who was 30m away
    Edgy keep clearly heads ball first in the contest. Hope he can use this footage, not sure but would definitely help him

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Also just watched red card from yesterday's U/20 match Olympic v Edgy. Terrible decision from ref who was 30m away
    Edgy keep clearly heads ball first in the contest. Hope he can use this footage, not sure but would definitely help him
    An absolutely horrible decision. I wonder how the referees address such a poor decision?

What was the score up until the send off?

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Only problem I saw was elbow to the head by keeper.

I think it was 1-1 at the time.
    I'm not looking to bag ref, it's a tough gig, my only question was about her positioning and if she had been closer to the play would she have made a different decision, but all in hindsight

As for elbow, 50-50 contact for me, keeper braces for contact with striker, here's a question, could the striker have pulled out ??

Danny Ireland to Charlestown!!!

What's that now 6 gains and 1 loss. Yep surely will fit in the PPS

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    What's that now 6 gains and 1 loss. Yep surely will fit in the PPS
    She'll be right... Jaffas signed 11... Still plenty of room.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    this could send them broke, not sustainable with out a heavy backer
    But I remember the days before Olympic and Magic were the big dogs when Azzurri were the silvertails of the comp

Aren't they just spending like they use to back in the day??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But I remember the days before Olympic and Magic were the big dogs when Azzurri were the silvertails of the comp

Aren't they just spending like they use to back in the day??
    Of course but when it's not your team its a crime.

Looks like Azzurri have made the decision to go hard to improve on their ordinary performances over the last few years, good on them.
    I think these days you have to try and compete with the Magics, Jaffa's, Edgeworths etc, can't just let them dominate

Is it sustainable?? Who knows, as long as their committee is smart and strong and knows when to say no.

Look at the strong clubs, they have strong committees, more importantly presidents with business nous, get your back of house in order.

If Azzurri have done this and have a sustainable business plan, go for it, if it's just throwing money around to buy competition points, well it won't last long

Tanch has a new signing at Charly....

What goes on in the back offices at clubs is amazing at times.
    Olympic touch us in 2 grades on Sunday ( real easy wins) and play a holding game and block us out in first for I must admit, a well deserved win- well done to the coach and the players.
    They are minor premiers in 18s and 20s with 4 games to go and clearly the best two sides in each competition and should win the club championship.
    Edgy will still win firsts but gee, they are going ok.

Seems a good time to change the head coach hey????????????

As for the Blues- I guess they had to decide if they wanted to be competitive or continue to drop away- I just had a look at their junior results and they look terrible- plenty to do but I guess it starts at the top and whoever is running the club now has made a call.
    Good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Tanch has a new signing at Charly....
    Please elaborate ?? Haha

Banned
    Shayne Price to Jaffas next year as Assistant Manager