Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1745

Thread: 2017 National Premier League thread

From all reports the guy from mate Candell Sheriff will be appointed later this week

Well I packed up and went to Azzurri on Saturday night, following thoughts

Crowd, not many there and most that were there were wearing black.

Ground, poor, from reports hard and lets not talk about the lack of lighting, bloody hard to see

Game, Edgy played like they had a big game coming up this Wednesday, probably did enough to win but not much else, I can't see them going three in a row

And on recent comments on here about Azzurri, I think Sparky, talking of lots of young guns coming thru, the 20's was a 4-0 win to Edgy, remember Edgy 20's got done 5-1 by Olympic the week before, says to me that Azzurri 20's are struggling

Any thoughts on a replacement for Anthony Richards at Lakes.

Not many contenders left

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Well I packed up and went to Azzurri on Saturday night, following thoughts

Crowd, not many there and most that were there were wearing black.

Ground, poor, from reports hard and lets not talk about the lack of lighting, bloody hard to see

Game, Edgy played like they had a big game coming up this Wednesday, probably did enough to win but not much else, I can't see them going three in a row

And on recent comments on here about Azzurri, I think Sparky, talking of lots of young guns coming thru, the 20's was a 4-0 win to Edgy, remember Edgy 20's got done 5-1 by Olympic the week before, says to me that Azzurri 20's are struggling
    Think the young ones being talked about, three are playing first grade now, one out injured and one did play 20s on sat night. Two others just left the 20"s the others are playing in first grade now, so U20 stocks are very scarce and they are struggling big time unfortunately.

Don't quote me but I think Azzurri first grade have now led Edgeworth, Lambton and Broadmeadow in recent weeks, may be wrong, but close

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Think the young ones being talked about, three are playing first grade now, one out injured and one did play 20s on sat night. Two others just left the 20"s the others are playing in first grade now, so U20 stocks are very scarce and they are struggling big time unfortunately.

Don't quote me but I think Azzurri first grade have now led Edgeworth, Lambton and Broadmeadow in recent weeks, may be wrong, but close
    Unfortunately matches go for 90 minutes not 60 minutes and you don't get any pointsfor leading matches last time i checked

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Unfortunately matches go for 90 minutes not 60 minutes and you don't get any pointsfor leading matches last time i checked
    Where did I say they didn't, just stated they have led these teams, just need to grind out the wins.

Where did I say they didn't, just stated they have led these teams, just need to grind out the wins.
    Problem I think is old legs, they seem to be an older team across the park, even allowing for the three U/20's. This problem doesn't seem to be solved with next year signings either

What about your 18's they are third, so must have a bit of promise in that squad
    Why not give some of them a run to see if they can step up to 20's or even higher

End of season, nothing to play for in 20's or 1st's so why not promote and see if they are capable

What about your 18's they are third, so must have a bit of promise in that squad
    Why not give some of them a run to see if they can step up to 20's or even higher

End of season, nothing to play for in 20's or 1st's so why not promote and see if they are capable
    Answer to that is pretty simple really. Clubs will not promote this late in the season so they don't disqualify players for the semi finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Wonderville View Post
    Did Alex Read sign with Mick Bolch at Maitland this week? Wonder if he will get sacked from last few games?
    Who would know......... not enough columns left in the paper after Azzurri announce a new player every week.

Bit of a tug of war, 18s coach, who knows his stuff, reluctant to play his boys up, with them in the semi finals and 20s no chance, makes sense. Just hard on the 20s, the bench players from the 18s have been filling in for the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Who would know......... not enough columns left in the paper after Azzurri announce a new player every week.
    None this week, maybe next week

Not a great look for Lakes 3 year tenure, that leaves 2 years to get it right before they potentially go back to where they come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Not a great look for Lakes 3 year tenure, that leaves 2 years to get it right before they potentially go back to where they come from.
    They should survive over Valentine if Valentine don't sort Cahill Oval out

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    They should survive over Valentine if Valentine don't sort Cahill Oval out
    The 8 team comp debate will never go away !!

Hearing Robert Virgili and Bobby Nomov are going to coach lakes next yr.

Bit of a tug of war, 18s coach, who knows his stuff, reluctant to play his boys up, with them in the semi finals and 20s no chance, makes sense. Just hard on the 20s, the bench players from the 18s have been filling in for the 20s.
    go away it seems the same in 1st grade, bench players from 20's used in 1st grade aswell
    odd club structure, to use the worst players and play them up
    maybe a new coach will be the solution and next year all the worst 20's play in 20's again.
    But hey, what do i know. i only have an online coaching credential to my name

2020 Licence Predictions

NPL 1
    1. Edgeworth
    2. Hamilton
    3. Magic
    4. Maitland
    5. Weston
    6. Kahibah Blues
    7. Toronto Macquarie
    8. New Lambton Rosebuds

NPL 2
    1. Jaffas
    2. Valentine
    3. Swansea Belswans
    4. Cessnock
    5. Singleton
    6. Cooks Hill
    7. West Wallsend
    8. Wallsend

ZPL
    1. Cardiff / South Cardiff
    2. Thornton
    3. Newcastle Suns
    4. Bero
    5. Kotara
    6. Uni
    7. Dudley
    8. Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    go away it seems the same in 1st grade, bench players from 20's used in 1st grade aswell
    odd club structure, to use the worst players and play them up
    maybe a new coach will be the solution and next year all the worst 20's play in 20's again.
    But hey, what do i know. i only have an online coaching credential to my name
    Not sure what bench 20s players are playing first grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    2020 Licence Predictions

NPL 1
    1. Edgeworth
    2. Hamilton
    3. Magic
    4. Maitland
    5. Weston
    6. Kahibah Blues
    7. Toronto Macquarie
    8. New Lambton Rosebuds

NPL 2