Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

I don't understand the rule at all tbh. Let whichever team earns promotion or relegation move up or down regardless of how weak or strong the other teams in the club are.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Nah, Donk wants to come to Warners bay so they'll reject the opportunity to go up so us lakesiders can stay. Isn't that right Donk...
    Shh that's meant to be a secret.. Ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    I'm not sure its a 100% written rule - I know that Cooks Hill have been told that Northern would prefer a gap between their two top teams. When the request was out to have a team go up they were told that other clubs would be taken over them.....
    When they are 2 separate comps just seems like the dumbest rule and to no be picked because of it seems just as dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Welcome to Zone League Football, we at Suburb haven't fielded the same first grade side 2 weeks in a row all year. I'm sure that other clubs in this competition have had the same issues week in week out.
    Yeah every team every year have the same issues guys going away, sick or injured.... work. Sort of sounds like excuses there beaten favourite... if your resies are undefeated after 13 rounds and your first team is 4th last you gotta start having a good hard look at how you are picking the sides... unless of course you guys have decided to focus on the reserve grade title... I seem to remember them accusing you guys of that in the past Spy....

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    I haven't taken much notice this year, but Cookers ressies are 13-0. Wow. They got solid depth, same team as last year, what's the story? great effort!
    Ressie boys set the club record with 13 consecutive wins last week vs stocko. Certainly having a cracker of a year but are coming off the back of 2 straight GF wins too, so solid form going back 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    Yeah every team every year have the same issues guys going away, sick or injured.... work. Sort of sounds like excuses there beaten favourite... if your resies are undefeated after 13 rounds and your first team is 4th last you gotta start having a good hard look at how you are picking the sides... unless of course you guys have decided to focus on the reserve grade title... I seem to remember them accusing you guys of that in the past Spy....
    It would be best for all involved if you tone down the cooks hill hate there couchcoach, no one likes dirty laundry aired online. These forums aren't as anonymous as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    It would be best for all involved if you tone down the cooks hill hate there couchcoach, no one likes dirty laundry aired online. These forums aren't as anonymous as you think.
    Anyone who thinks it's anonymous is deluding themselves L. No hate just reacting to what is said here and the table. It adds some interest on a slow Wednesday night

Ressie boys set the club record with 13 consecutive wins last week vs stocko. Certainly having a cracker of a year but are coming off the back of 2 straight GF wins too, so solid form going back 3 years
    Could be wrong but I seem to remember one of those grand final wins coming without scoring a goal and being beaten convincingly in semis and going through due to the opposition being made to forfeit one of the legs. Also makes a lot of sense to focus on ressies when the club can't get promoted due to the team in new fm.

In my opinion there is at least 4/5 cookers ressies that really should be in their first grade side. With that being said we play weekend football and what's to say there isn't outside factors which dictate where a player would prefer to play. Age/commitment/family/work. I hardly think any club would intentionally push to only win a ressies comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    In my opinion there is at least 4/5 cookers ressies that really should be in their first grade side. With that being said we play weekend football and what's to say there isn't outside factors which dictate where a player would prefer to play. Age/commitment/family/work. I hardly think any club would intentionally push to only win a ressies comp.
    True. And I hope that it isn't the case. It could be the players though. A few of them seem older. Maybe they like the idea of a successful year in reserve grade rather than flogging it out in first grade. 13-0 is impressive. Especially given the strength of some of the ressies sides around.

without going back through the table, i think it would be unfair for the Cooks Hill res guys to be played in first grade and letting the 'first graders' go down to play in reserves and play in semis

from memory Cooks Hill firsts still had a good chance half way through the season and probably still do so there wasnt/isnt really any need for changing it up,
    its an awkward situation for any club,
    us at Barnsley dont want play around with our squads too much,
    we have guys in 3rds that wouldnt look out of place in res, but they have worked very hard to get where they are this year,
    our res are starting to gel a little better and fighting out some wins, so we now have a chance to make semis

in my opinion this is the time of year to leave squads as they are, get some consistency and get ready or push for finals.

if it was 4-5 games in to the season then go ahead and change everything up,
    eligibility for finals also comes into it
    Last edited by pagey85; 12-07-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pagey85 View Post
    without going back through the table, i think it would be unfair for the Cooks Hill res guys to be played in first grade and letting the 'first graders' go down to play in reserves and play in semis

from memory Cooks Hill firsts still had a good chance half way through the season and probably still do so there wasnt/isnt really any need for changing it up,
    its an awkward situation for any club,
    us at Barnsley dont want play around with our squads too much,
    we have guys in 3rds that wouldnt look out of place in res, but they have worked very hard to get where they are this year,
    our res are starting to gel a little better and fighting out some wins, so we now have a chance to make semis

in my opinion this is the time of year to leave squads as they are, get some consistency and get ready or push for finals.

if it was 4-5 games in to the season then go ahead and change everything up,
    eligibility for finals also comes into it
    From what I've seen Cooks hill have about 6 really solid first graders then about 20 fringe first graders, which is obviously gonna form a real solid ressies team regardless of selection, even their 3rds had about 3 or 4 players that would walk into any other teams ressies. There seems to be a lot of remorse or jealousy towards the club on here, which I think they will only take as a compliment from where everyone is predicting they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by XRanger View Post
    From what I've seen Cooks hill have about 6 really solid first graders then about 20 fringe first graders, which is obviously gonna form a real solid ressies team regardless of selection, even their 3rds had about 3 or 4 players that would walk into any other teams ressies. There seems to be a lot of remorse or jealousy towards the club on here, which I think they will only take as a compliment from where everyone is predicting they should be.
    Yeah i still wouldn't take them lightly. Cant really take anyone lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    1st grade is named from all available players, then ressies, then 3rds, I assume just like every other squad in the comp, as it should be. Remember this isn't a reserve grade suddenly winning the last half of the comp after 1sts are out of it, it's a reserve grade who has not dropped a game from the start of the year. Anyone who thinks a lower team gets stacked from round 1 is having a laugh! We just have a very strong ressies team and firsts isn't going as well as their potential possibly, no need to look for conspiracy theories!

...and as for the morisset ressies debacle from 2 years ago, yep, cookers got done over 2 legs but went through because the morisset captain got a red card an thought he could be cheeky and play the next week in the finals. He got caught and they rightly got a forfeit given. Too bad, so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bench warmer View Post
    Could be wrong but I seem to remember one of those grand final wins coming without scoring a goal and being beaten convincingly in semis and going through due to the opposition being made to forfeit one of the legs. Also makes a lot of sense to focus on ressies when the club can't get promoted due to the team in new fm.
    This promotion ban chat keeps coming up but I've never actually ever heard someone from the association say it's a rule, I think people just assume it is. Even if it was, who's not playing to win every week anyway, regardless of if you go up or not. Maybe promotion it's not all it's cracked up to be, mori crawled back to ZL1 after a season in ZPL and warners bay look like they are coming back next year!

1st grade is named from all available players, then ressies, then 3rds, I assume just like every other squad in the comp, as it should be. Remember this isn't a reserve grade suddenly winning the last half of the comp after 1sts are out of it, it's a reserve grade who has not dropped a game from the start of the year. Anyone who thinks a lower team gets stacked from round 1 is having a laugh! We just have a very strong ressies team and firsts isn't going as well as their potential possibly, no need to look for conspiracy theories!

...and as for the morisset ressies debacle from 2 years ago, yep, cookers got done over 2 legs but went through because the morisset captain got a red card an thought he could be cheeky and play the next week in the finals. He got caught and they rightly got a forfeit given. Too bad, so sad.
    Definitely my point. The guys in res have done it from the start when firsts were also going good. Now that cookers first arent going as good as expected other factors need to be considered.

But in saying that. Ive always been of the opinion that first grade is always the priority. Everyone should want to play as high as possible
    Last edited by pagey85; 13-07-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Cooks Hill reserve grade perfect season is gone, albeit they are still undefeated.

Cooks Hill V Garden Suburb
    3rds: 4-0
    Res: 1-1
    1st: 1-3
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Terrace V Barnsley
    3rds 2-3
    2nds 2-0
    1st 2-1

Motown vs Westlakes
    3rd 5-3