Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Yeh I agree. It was holding up well considering but the constant heavy showers killed it. No worries cheers mate
    Wait. You actually warm up?

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG10 View Post
    Cheers to the Barnsley boys for a competitive day in abysmal conditions.

Special mention to Donk for the quality 2 goals he scored, we just had no response!
    Ha ha ha cheers mate.

How's the field out at rathmines after the weekend? I hear it got pretty ruined on the weekend after the refs refused to call games off?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    How's the field out at rathmines after the weekend? I hear it got pretty ruined on the weekend after the refs refused to call games off?
    It's one massive field of mud, won't be playable for weeks and that's if there isn't a drop of rain.
    We will have to call the juniors off for the next few weeks and probably play our game in 3 weeks on the bottom field.

It's one massive field of mud, won't be playable for weeks and that's if there isn't a drop of rain.
    We will have to call the juniors off for the next few weeks and probably play our game in 3 weeks on the bottom field.
    Don't the clubs have some sort of duty of care? If both coaches agrees, they can call it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Don't the clubs have some sort of duty of care? If both coaches agrees, they can call it off.
    The field was shocking during third grade while it was still raining but it drained pretty well, it was still shit obviously but not unplayable. As mentioned though, the field copped a battering, the middle third probably won't be decent again for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Duty of care - we got stung a couple yrs back for calling off a games in the morning due to surface water. Rain stopped water drained the other team come inspected field hrs later and we had to forfeit the round cost our ressies a Finals spot. So my stance now it's to leave it to refs/councils to shut or call off games.
    And on weekend the refs deemed it playable, our game in 3rds first half could've been called off with surface water stopping the ball at times but the ref pulled captains aside and both agreed to play on..

As a club you put in hard work on the fields to keep them in good condition and it does suck to see it get damaged but we do play a winter sport and unfortunately sometimes it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Duty of care - we got stung a couple yrs back for calling off a games in the morning due to surface water. Rain stopped water drained the other team come inspected field hrs later and we had to forfeit the round cost our ressies a Finals spot. So my stance now it's to leave it to refs/councils to shut or call off games.
    And on weekend the refs deemed it playable, our game in 3rds first half could've been called off with surface water stopping the ball at times but the ref pulled captains aside and both agreed to play on..

As a club you put in hard work on the fields to keep them in good condition and it does suck to see it get damaged but we do play a winter sport and unfortunately sometimes it happens.
    By halftime of thirds we were happy to give you guys the points if that meant an end to the game but the sides of the field were in good condition with no mud so the ref deemed it playable. Sadly by ressies kickoff no rain and the puddles had dried up so the rest of the day was played.

As you say winter sport but it would have been nice to avoid this but we will just have to manage from here on.

Would this be called off if it was a 'premier' pitch? Yes.

Therefor it should be called off for us. Our clubs don't have a much money as the premier clubs, so its takes even more work & effort to keep the pitches nice.

Shit ref's shouldn't be a decision for games to go ahead when clubs can call games off to save the pitch.

If the pitch will be completely destroyed from 1-2 games, they will simply be called off at Suburb. We put too much time and effort into attempting to keep the pitch in a good condition for it to be ruined in one day.

If games are in play and there is a downpour, I understand its up to the refs. But the Coaches (not captains) should step up and make the call.

We're all weekend warriors here, not paid professionals. No injury is worth playing in mud.

By halftime of thirds we were happy to give you guys the points if that meant an end to the game but the sides of the field were in good condition with no mud so the ref deemed it playable. Sadly by ressies kickoff no rain and the puddles had dried up so the rest of the day was played.

As you say winter sport but it would have been nice to avoid this but we will just have to manage from here on.
    As far as I'm aware everyone was on same page at half time. Except refs and mayb me but only cos the mud slows everyone down to my pace ha ha ha

So what you're say is you had the opportunity to call all games off but didn't.... now it's the refs fault the fields turned to mud???

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    So what you're say is you had the opportunity to call all games off but didn't.... now it's the refs fault the fields turned to mud???
    No it didn't need to be before the game all the rain was during which in turn left the decision to the refs

How do clubs fix a muddy pitch before they dry and have crusty clay edges and uneven holes everywhere? hate those ankle snappers

according to all the leagies out there we just need to toughen up coz "theres nothing wrong with a bit of mud footy"

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...-video/?cs=306

Tips for the weekend anyone???

I'll go with.
    Barnsley
    Draw
    Morisset
    Draw
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Draw
    Terrace
    Barnsley
    Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    How do clubs fix a muddy pitch before they dry and have crusty clay edges and uneven holes everywhere? hate those ankle snappers
    Luckily for Suburb we have a manager of a equipment hire company in our club so we were always able to get hold of a 3 tonne roller to flatten out Lance York Oval. Used to take about 4-5 tinnies to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Luckily for Suburb we have a manager of a equipment hire company in our club so we were always able to get hold of a 3 tonne roller to flatten out Lance York Oval. Used to take about 4-5 tinnies to do the job.
    Got us out of trouble with lighting in the past as well.

Lance Yorke looking good for the weekend.

I just wish players from other clubs would f@ck off and stop using our top ground when theirs are wet and give ours a chance to recover. Three groups booted in the last week and a half.
    Last edited by sammydog; 21-06-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Morrisset have a liquor license anyone? Looking at our game plan for the bus strip

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    Morrisset have a liquor license anyone? Looking at our game plan for the bus strip
    No we don't have one....... Get smashed before you get to the ground