Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    You said it, 4-0 to Wallsend is a huge result! What happened there?
    You would have to think Barnsley and Terrace will be there at the end (well who knows in this comp?) but who will the other two be?
    I think I said at the half way point that top 4 would be Barnsley, Terrace, Cooks Hill and Suburb. I still believe that to be the case bit I think Morriset may just sneak in if Suburb, Terrace or Cooks Hill give them a chance to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Anybody else brave enough to make a prediction?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Didn't see much of first grade. Looked pretty even before I left 20 mins in or so. I was surprised when I heard the result as I'd seen our boys butcher a few chances. Wallsend are a decent team. I honestly cant see the comp being decided until the final round with a few teams either missing out via goal difference or a point or so. From what I've seen every team with the exception of maybe Charlie wouldn't look out of place in the finals. For me there is no standout side this year. Some teams are strong against one and weak against others.

Tend to agree with Wilso on most points there.

I think I agree on your first four Premy, Barnsley and Terrace would be a shock to miss out. Other two could be made up from the next 5 teams but I think Suburb and Cooks Hill are most likely. The margins in this comp are so small though, we're well down in 9th but most of the games we have been in have felt very tight and been decided on "moments". I would suspect that many other games this season amongst other teams have been the same. With that being the case, everything's still up for grabs for most and will likely continue to be for a few more weeks yet.

Garden suburbs and their love for good pitches was well displayed last night as their first grade side spent 35mins inside the 18 yard box warming up.for a side that loves a good sook on the forum about other teams you were very poor here and I'm sure if the same was reciprocated at your ground there would be tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside trap View Post
    Cooks Hill now in the 4. Thank you for concern.

So actually joint 5th on goal difference ... - always concerned when a decent squad soft c*cks it to win a title then bottles it... good luck with the rest of the season... looking good to defend that Resies title though...

2nd leg of the annual Harbour derby this weekend. Cookers will be in stocko enmasse on the pushies for the pub crawl back to the washtub! We will hopefully be better prepared for the boat race this time...

Quote Originally Posted by nosmackjustfact View Post
    Garden suburbs and their love for good pitches was well displayed last night as their first grade side spent 35mins inside the 18 yard box warming up.for a side that loves a good sook on the forum about other teams you were very poor here and I'm sure if the same was reciprocated at your ground there would be tears.
    There is only one S in Suburb, no smack just fact.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Being the first time playing there for many of us at Suburb we had no idea of where we were ment to warm up. That said I seen no problem with it as literally 15 minutes beforehand there was a team training exactly where we warmed up at the opposite end.
    If it was such a big issue you could have come and directed us to the correct area to warm up which we would have happily complied with. On behalf of Garden Suburb I would like to extend our apologies for any misunderstanding.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We were standing around taking free kicks. The goal keeper was the only one in the box aside from when the outfield players ran through to get the ball. Exactly the same as the substitutes at half time in pretty much every game I've seen in this league.

We warmed up on the sidelines.

Results from stocko v cookers from what I've heard
    3rds 3-2 cookers
    Res 1-0 cookers
    Firsts 1-0 stocko

Barnsley vs Morri
    3rds 3-2
    Res 3-1
    1st 3-0

Just a heads up for the teams that have Morri the rest of the year in 1st there coach is telling players just to go out there and hurt/injure ppl.. The player he told end up getting sent for fighting..

Westlakes vs Wallsend
    3rd 0-1
    Res 1-1
    1st 0-1

Thanks for a good day and for getting involved in our ladies day.

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Barnsley vs Morri
    3rds 3-2
    Res 3-1
    1st 3-0

Just a heads up for the teams that have Morri the rest of the year in 1st there coach is telling players just to go out there and hurt/injure ppl.. The player he told end up getting sent for fighting..
    Bullshit.... The player got sent for protecting another player... Your player was also sent. I can tell you that no one was ever instructed to hurt anyone... You guys are leading the comp at least win with some dignity...

Everyone on our bench heard him say it so call bullshit all you want just warning everyone.. Wasnt talking about the incident but yes both teams had players sent but when the player that was told to injure ppl gets sent worth a mention if you ask me..

Everyone on our bench heard him say it so call bullshit all you want just warning everyone.. Wasnt talking about the incident but yes both teams had players sent but when the player that was told to injure ppl gets sent worth a mention if you ask me..
    Our bench have a very different view mate....

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Our bench have a very different view mate....
    I guess your bench didn't hear him calling the linesman a spineless grub aswel?

The Cats visit Motown next week let's see how a local rivalry plays out in regards to injuring people or not, I guarantee we won't be looking to hurt Motown anywhere except the scoreboard!

Barnsley vs Morri
    3rds 3-2
    Res 3-1
    1st 3-0

I'm guessing a Hattrick in third grade for you Donk....?

Not sure Barnsley have the moral high ground, on anyone, when it comes to calling people names. Didn't your coach call a Bero player a "c*nt"? Not only that, told him he'd end him.