Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Just wanted to let ppl know as we all have to work and it's not my dirty laundry that I'm airing lol

Ps our captain is our keeper trust me he ain't yelling double peg someone
    Your keeper/captain is Adam?
    Hahaha him running in and throwing punches is one of the least believable things I think I've ever read on this forum and MFKS comes up with some doozies!

Garden Suburb V Terrace
    3rds 1-2
    2nds 1-1
    1st 3-1

Jeez, more bitchiness on here than a reality show... And here I was thinking we all played Men's Football. Carry on ladies.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    any more of this nonsense and we'll start bannings and outing real names

this shit stops here

Back to the important stuff... that's a big result for Suburbs! Those boys have been a bit inconsistent this year, lose to mori one week and beat Terrace the next.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Back to the important stuff... that's a big result for Suburbs! Those boys have been a bit inconsistent this year, lose to mori one week and beat Terrace the next.
    Suburbs give us a bit of a football lesson at important stages of the game, we have a lot of work to do off the back of that.

Morisset just seem to have our measure, that said last week we had 3-4 good chances in the first 10 minutes. If one of those had of found the net it may of been a different game. Take nothing away from Morisset they got themselves back into the game were clinical with their chances and shut us out to deserve the 3 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by XRanger View Post
    Suburbs give us a bit of a football lesson at important stages of the game, we have a lot of work to do off the back of that.
    Other than the first 15 minutes of the second half both sides were evenly matched. Unfortunately for you guys by the time yous got going in the second half the damage was already done.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Can probs say that about most teams in this comp. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Bero V Charlie
    3rds - 2-0
    Res - 0-5
    1sts - 2-1
    I've gotta mention Charlie's gk. He is fantastic! I'd hate to see their for and against without him.

Good close looking table for you boys this season.
    With only 18 points seperating 1st to 9th that's a hell of a close competition.

Well done all. It's nice to see all the Zone League comps starting to look healthy.

The pts have spread a bit now.

Barns are in and the next 6 teams fighting for the other 3 spots for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    The pts have spread a bit now.

Barns are in and the next 6 teams fighting for the other 3 spots for mine.
    I think certainly Barnsley are in, 30 points is probably the safe number for semis this year (which probably means the next 7 teams are in with a shot) The run in for each team will be interesting and I would say that the next 2 weeks could define what teams are in with a real shot...

Looking forward it would seem Barnsley are going up and Warners Bay or Uni coming down...

I haven't taken much notice this year, but Cookers ressies are 13-0. Wow. They got solid depth, same team as last year, what's the story? great effort!

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    I think certainly Barnsley are in, 30 points is probably the safe number for semis this year (which probably means the next 7 teams are in with a shot) The run in for each team will be interesting and I would say that the next 2 weeks could define what teams are in with a real shot...

Looking forward it would seem Barnsley are going up and Warners Bay or Uni coming down...
    Nah, Donk wants to come to Warners bay so they'll reject the opportunity to go up so us lakesiders can stay. Isn't that right Donk...

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    I haven't taken much notice this year, but Cookers ressies are 13-0. Wow. They got solid depth, same team as last year, what's the story? great effort!
    Yeah a lot more depth this year pretty much have 2 x First Grade sides just can't find the right combination in First Grade. Consistent availability problems hasn't helped but Reserve Grade are enjoying a pretty decent year.

Something interesting going on with Uni in both divisions this season, given their ZFL2 team are in the relegation spot at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Something interesting going on with Uni in both divisions this season, given their ZFL2 team are in the relegation spot at this stage
    I remember reading the rules a little while ago saying that if a club has two sides in the zone leagues there must be a one league gap between them.

So if the ZPL side was to be relegated that would mean auto relegation for the ZL2?

Can anyone recall this happening in the Zone League Era?

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    I remember reading the rules a little while ago saying that if a club has two sides in the zone leagues there must be a one league gap between them.

So if the ZPL side was to be relegated that would mean auto relegation for the ZL2?

Can anyone recall this happening in the Zone League Era?
    I'm not sure its a 100% written rule - I know that Cooks Hill have been told that Northern would prefer a gap between their two top teams. When the request was out to have a team go up they were told that other clubs would be taken over them.....

I'm not sure its a 100% written rule - I know that Cooks Hill have been told that Northern would prefer a gap between their two top teams. When the request was out to have a team go up they were told that other clubs would be taken over them.....
    I can understand the rule when both teams are in Zone League, but when Zone League and NL1 are two distinct comps with no promotion or relegation the rule makes little sense.

Would it be easier just to say each club has one team irrespective of competition?

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    Consistent availability problems hasn't helped but Reserve Grade are enjoying a pretty decent year.
    Welcome to Zone League Football, we at Suburb haven't fielded the same first grade side 2 weeks in a row all year. I'm sure that other clubs in this competition have had the same issues week in week out.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!