Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Bero vs Barnsley
    3rds 2-2
    Res 3-1
    1st 0-4

Congratulations to Barnsley on becoming Premiers!!
    Massive turn around from almost being relegated last year. Top stuff..

Stockton v Charlestown
    3rds 1-1
    Res 3-1
    1sts 7-0

Good last hitout for the Cats, hope it didn't dampen Old Boy's day too much.

Congrats and good luck to those playing in finals. Terrace to beat Barnsley in the GF for me. Each of the three remaining fixtures could go either way though. It's been a great comp to be part of, can't wait til next season!

4v1 Saturday
    1st Wallsend vs Barnsley
    Res Wallsend vs Cooks Hill
    3rd Charlestown bs Barnsley

3v2 Sunday
    1st Suburb vs Terrace
    Res Terrace vs Suburb
    3rd Wallsend vs Cooks Hill

Wallsend would have loved a win by Charlestown in 3rds yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, Club Championship?
    First Grade
    Win= 8 Draw= 4
    Res Grade
    Win= 4 Draw= 2
    3rds
    Win= 2 Draw= 1

?????
    Club Championship:
    1. Barnsley 176
    2. Raymond Terrace 161
    3. Garden Suburb() 161
    4. Wallsend 155
    5. Cooks Hill 146
    6. Stockton 124
    7. Westlakes 97
    8. Beresfield 92
    9. Charlestown 75
    10. Morisset 73
    OK

They should promote/relegate based on Club Championship, like Sydney NPL do.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Wallsend would have loved a win by Charlestown in 3rds yesterday
    It shouldn't go unsaid that to have all teams in the Finals (and 4th in Club Championship) is such a great effort from a promoted team. Wallsend - you may have a pitch that should never be played on, but well done on your efforts on that shitty pitch this year.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    They should promote/relegate based on Club Championship, like Sydney NPL do.
    like that I do, even if your 1st have a bad year, you don't get punished.
    also would make clubs play out the year as results from lower grades would count.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    like that I do, even if your 1st have a bad year, you don't get punished.
    also would make clubs play out the year as results from lower grades would count.
    Well its not so move on......

Quote Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
    Well its not so move on......
    you right there Jaypeeeeeee, its a forum where you discuss things, I thought it was good idea and I said so, if you don't like the discussion, how about you move on....Jaypeeeeeeeeeeee.........

I for one am shocked that someone from Morisset doesn't like the idea ops:

It's genuinely worth considering, I reckon. Adding to what Jardel has said.. what about those clubs that have years when their first grade absolutely blitz a comp but their other grade(s) are cellar dwellers? From memory I can think of both Morisset and Raymond Terrace having years like this. Having entire clubs contributions is a good thought. And as we can see from this years Club Championship in this comp, the first grade ladder varies very little from the Club Championship ladder. It's still heavily based on First Grade, which is the goal.

Using this years First Grade vs Club Champ Ladder, from what I can see the main differences are: Morisset and Charlestown swap 9th and 10th positions, Cooks Hill move from 8th to 5th because of their great Reserve Grade results. The rest are pretty much the same.
    Last edited by pv4; 21-08-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    OK

It's genuinely worth considering, I reckon. Adding to what Jardel has said.. what about those clubs that have years when their first grade absolutely blitz a comp but their other grade(s) are cellar dwellers? From memory I can think of both Morisset and Raymond Terrace having years like this. Having entire clubs contributions is a good thought. And as we can see from this years Club Championship in this comp, the first grade ladder varies very little from the Club Championship ladder. It's still heavily based on First Grade, which is the goal.

Using this years First Grade vs Club Champ Ladder, from what I can see the main differences are: Morisset and Charlestown swap 9th and 10th positions, Cooks Hill move from 8th to 5th because of their great Reserve Grade results. The rest are pretty much the same.
    Feel for Charlie's Third Grade side who over the past few years have made the finals and been the clubs best performed side who now with relegation I imagine are the blokes on the chopping block!!!! Pretty raw deal. Tough on a club having to jettison an entire team after years together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    you right there Jaypeeeeeee, its a forum where you discuss things, I thought it was good idea and I said so, if you don't like the discussion, how about you move on....Jaypeeeeeeeeeeee.........
    Ha ha ha....the only issue I see is you could stack lower grade teams to get points at the end of the season... As an example of this was the rule a team 6 weeks out that can't make semis could stack ressies in the hope of getting points.... That wouldn't be ideal either

I'm interested to see how many teams go after the Charly goal keeper now they drop out from here. He would be up there with one of the better keepers in the comp.

Think you will find Morisset won the club champs 2 years ago... Firsts won the premiership and ressies were top 4. Thirds finished 7th.... All contributed...

We have always used 3rds as a feeder for the juniors coming into senior football... Others use it as the old boys team... Changing the rules may mean teams treat lower grades very different and may impact on juniors coming through....

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm interested to see how many teams go after the Charly goal keeper now they drop out from here. He would be up there with one of the better keepers in the comp.
    Guess it depends if all other teams stay in the comp... We are but not sure if everyone is

Guess it depends if all other teams stay in the comp... We are but not sure if everyone is
    Do you say this because you know something about other teams and if they are dropping out?

So long as he stays injury free, he's a great keeper.

Not sure how you will go getting him to leave. He's been a hammer for a number of years now.