Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Good Keeper but let a howler go through his legs on the weekend. May or may not have been paid to do so..

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Do you say this because you know something about other teams and if they are dropping out?
    It's happened before.... Hence why I said it.... Argy needs a third team, so all clubs expect to have the numbers for 3 teams.... A lot can happen between now and the new season

The table never lies.
    Unfortunately we lost our leading scorer on the eve of the season and in 4th division football it's pretty much a death sentence. It's not like you can go out and buy a replacement.
    11 goals in 18 games without him. He scored more than that last year himself.

We struggled with numbers. I know it's the same for every club, but we had 17 unavailable on Saturday, and after a great performance against cookers where we conceded a late equaliser, we then lost 5 of that starting XI. The previous 6-7 weeks was the only time we had consistent numbers and our results dramatically improved (heck, we even won a game!), but we never had one week where we named an unchanged lineup.

The commitment wasn't there from enough blokes this year, and unfortunately it is those committed blokes who pay the penalty by suffering the heartache of relegation. I'm sure mori & suburbs know the story all too well, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow after missing the top 4 by 2 points last season.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Good Keeper but let a howler go through his legs on the weekend. May or may not have been paid to do so..
    U so called fans probably saw tottenhams keeper let a howler in this morning too. Is he shite?
    But if Rolo is bribing players again then it all makes cents. That dirty ba$tard! He saved a penalty before that though? Still must be shite if they lost 7-0

How much is charles keeper paying you blokes to talk him up?
    U'd think yas would be froffing over barnso or terraces keepers who barely conceded a goal a game, let alone 50!
    I hear his a betta striker than goalkeep anyway, according to the sharkies old boys. Golden boot in 3rd grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    So long as he stays injury free, he's a great keeper.
    Not sure how you will go getting him to leave. He's been a hammer for a number of years now.
    What other injuries? I know if he didnt do his ACL last season he wouldve jumped ship and went to warner$ pay. He couldve helped them come last too. Money talk$$$
    My informats at the policia tell me he told the team it was his final game for charlestown on da wkend. Fitting send off for him by the sounds of it

Enuf lip service. How bout we talk about the good teams and the good playas now?
    There can only be one king

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    U so called fans probably saw tottenhams keeper let a howler in this morning too. Is he shite?
    But if Rolo is bribing players again then it all makes cents. That dirty ba$tard! He saved a penalty before that though? Still must be shite if they lost 7-0

How much is charles keeper paying you blokes to talk him up?
    U'd think yas would be froffing over barnso or terraces keepers who barely conceded a goal a game, let alone 50!
    I hear his a betta striker than goalkeep anyway, according to the sharkies old boys. Golden boot in 3rd grade?

What other injuries? I know if he didnt do his ACL last season he wouldve jumped ship and went to warner$ pay. He couldve helped them come last too. Money talk$$$
    My informats at the policia tell me he told the team it was his final game for charlestown on da wkend. Fitting send off for him by the sounds of it

Enuf lip service. How bout we talk about the good teams and the good playas now?
    Be interesting how he can qualify for third grade finals after playing all year in 1st grade.

Even if you use the "designated goalkeeper" clause id assume he would have to play in goals in 3rds

Every keeper thinks theyre an outfield player from another life dont they? Im sure most clubs would attest to that.
    There can only be one king

Why do I always get dragged in!
    The payments may have been from the goalscorer himself as there has been a running wager all year that he wouldn't score with another Shark.
    Charlestown GK/striker would have scored 5 on Saturday if his own team mates stopped blocking all his shots!

I fully agree with the statement that most keepers think they're great strikers. I've been that way for at least 15 years.

Maybe there's Some truth to this, one of our keepers played on the field in 3rd grade on Saturday and scored a hatrick, 4 goals in 2 games ain't bad! Not sure about the celebration with the shirt off afterwards tho, lucky it was only a yellow card , I think the Morriset supporters were asking for red ����

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Maybe there's Some truth to this, one of our keepers played on the field in 3rd grade on Saturday and scored a hatrick, 4 goals in 2 games ain't bad! Not sure about the celebration with the shirt off afterwards tho, lucky it was only a yellow card , I think the Morriset supporters were asking for red ����
    I think you will find most of the terrace boys were asking for the same.

Hearing Argy might struggle to get 3 teams for promotion. Given previous years you would still expect Charlestown to be relegated and have to apply to come back into L1. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Hearing Argy might struggle to get 3 teams for promotion. Given previous years you would still expect Charlestown to be relegated and have to apply to come back into L1. Thoughts?
    I thought that argy have an all age team this year that could become 3rd grade. Are they losing players?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Might be wrong but I See their first grade killing it and their reserve grade often mid to low table. Suggests maybe a lack of depth already so I'd imagine gaining another 15 players or so who were competitive might be a struggle.

Might be wrong but I See their first grade killing it and their reserve grade often mid to low table. Suggests maybe a lack of depth already so I'd imagine gaining another 15 players or so who were competitive might be a struggle.
    Whispers are their main striker is heading back to Hamilton Olympic NPL

Their reserve grade side finished mid table, but it seemed to only be from injuries etc towards the end of the year.
    They were still a very strong side.

No depth though, so will have to convince their All Age side to convert to a 3rd grade if they really want to push up in ZL1

Just a reminder to all teams and supporters heading to Garden Suburb on Sunday. We are fully licensed so don't bother bringing your own as we have a great range of beers, ciders and spirits. Canteen will be fully stocked and smashing out snitzel burgers for all. I highly recommend the Hawaiian or Mexican burgers as most weekends I can't decide between them and just get one of each. Good luck to all remaining teams over the next few weeks.

Any word on GF locations yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Just a reminder to all teams and supporters heading to Garden Suburb on Sunday. We are fully licensed so don't bother bringing your own as we have a great range of beers, ciders and spirits. Canteen will be fully stocked and smashing out snitzel burgers for all. I highly recommend the Hawaiian or Mexican burgers as most weekends I can't decide between them and just get one of each. Good luck to all remaining teams over the next few weeks.
    Was hoping to taste some of those ales last night, only to be informed they where not for sale on Friday nights. Meaning I had to painfully endure Friday night football sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Bench warmer View Post
    Any word on GF locations yet?
    Arthur Edden oval on the 9th

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    I highly recommend the Hawaiian or Mexican burgers as most weekends I can't decide between them and just get one of each.
    OK