Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2017 Zone League 1 thread

discussion starts here

Westlakes Wildcats ZL1 preseason training will start on Thursday February 2nd at 6:15 for this season. All are welcome to attend. Please forward this message to any people who may be interested.

We are also looking for a 3rd grade coach for this season. Anyone who is interested or knows someone who may be interested in the position please PM me.

Less than 2 months preseason? Lol.

Here's my predictions. In no particular order, except where I think they'll finish.

1. Raybans Terrace
    2. Warners Pay
    3. Chefs Hill
    4. Ballsend
    5. John Stockton
    6. Karlstown
    7. Terrorsfield
    8. Garbage Suburbs
    9. Shedsley
    10. Westcakes

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    Less than 2 months preseason? Lol.

Here's my predictions. In no particular order, except where I think they'll finish.

1. Raybans Terrace
    2. Warners Pay
    3. Chefs Hill
    4. Ballsend
    5. John Stockton
    6. Karlstown
    7. Terrorsfield
    8. Garbage Suburbs
    9. Shedsley
    10. Westcakes
    I feel like you are probably more proud of this than you should be...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Westlakes Trial Game

Hey guys

Westlakes Wildcats are looking for anyone interested in a trial game on the 18/19th February.

We are happy to travel or host the game.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers

Wallsend FC - Zone League 1

Preseason training starts Wednesday the 11th of January at 6:15pm, Federal Park Wallsend.
    All interested players please be there at 6pm for a 6:15pm start.
    For more information please contact head coach Scott Baillie on 0416046255 or Raymond Dobson on 0439315690

Raymond Terrace 2017 -Zone League One

Training starts Thursday 19th January - at King Park 6.30pm

the next training session will be Wednesday 25th January at King Park 6.30pm
    Anyone interested in joining our club are more than welcome to come along, be there by 6pm.
    enquires, please call Ken ----0458061469

Thornton Redbacks looking for trial next Sunday the 5th February able to host or willing to travel. If your available feel free to contact Darrel McAllister on 0426 254 300

This thread has been pretty quiet ? What's the word from the joint favorites Stockton & Warners Bay ? Or any dark horses ?

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    joint favorites Stockton & Warners Bay ?
    "Joint favourites?" - What happened here? Or is this a biased comment?

Has there been any trials?

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    This thread has been pretty quiet ? What's the word from the joint favorites Stockton & Warners Bay ? Or any dark horses ?
    Stockton and Warnersbay joint favs when did this happen surely it's cooks hill.

It's been super quiet on all fronts I haven't even heard the usual rumours around training of what other teams are doing, signing, or the usual boasting from clubs of how good they are going to be

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    It's been super quiet on all fronts I haven't even heard the usual rumours around training of what other teams are doing, signing, or the usual boasting from clubs of how good they are going to be
    Care to begin? Starting with the Cooks Hill hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Care to begin? Starting with the Cooks Hill hype.
    No hype on cooks hill, they where a quality team last year, no idea of gains/losses
    Just going off last years form. Would guess they may have picked up a few from the newfm cookers team who didn't make the cut!

I expect Terrace, Stockton and Cooks Hill to be strong from their last years performance.

Everyone is also talking about Warners Bay schnitzel money?

We have Wallsend and Westlakes that moved up. Both teams sounded strong.
    Westlakes sound like a similar team to last years, that won the premiership.
    Wallsend I am keen to know on any losses to NPL1 (heard maybe) or gains from trails.

Any news from other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I expect Terrace, Stockton and Cooks Hill to be strong from their last years performance.

Everyone is also talking about Warners Bay schnitzel money?

We have Wallsend and Westlakes that moved up. Both teams sounded strong.
    Westlakes sound like a similar team to last years, that won the premiership.
    Wallsend I am keen to know on any losses to NPL1 (heard maybe) or gains from trails.

Any news from other teams?
    We at Wallsend are going ok, we did lose a couple of players to the NewFM squad but we did gain others from trials.
    Preseason is going along good and with the players we have we should be competitive this season in all 3 grades, well hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    We at Wallsend are going ok, we did lose a couple of players to the NewFM squad but we did gain others from trials.
    Preseason is going along good and with the players we have we should be competitive this season in all 3 grades, well hopefully.
    Question I have on Wallsend, and I mean no malice here. I was under the impression you guys didn't train last year, is that right? People told me that, and it made me appreciate how well you guys did compared to all the other teams that did train. And if the no training thing was true, is it true you've now got a former state league coach and are training relatively heavily (for your standards)? It just seems to have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other, and I'm just curious how it went down. I just would have assumed that there would have been a big appeal to some of your club men to not train and that's what you previously embraced about the club? So it just seems odd you'd go full bottle now.

Talking about Morisset relegating themselves - I don't fully understand why they'd ask to go from ZPL to ZL1. It doesn't seem to be that drastic a difference to me. I would have thought if any team in ZPL or ZL1 wanted to relegate themselves, it would be due to not being able to field 3 grades? So I guess I'm wondering - are Mory asking to go from ZPL to ZL1 or are they asking to go to ZL2 and only need 2 grades? All hypotheticals, all genuine questions here.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Question I have on Wallsend, and I mean no malice here. I was under the impression you guys didn't train last year, is that right? People told me that, and it made me appreciate how well you guys did compared to all the other teams that did train. And if the no training thing was true, is it true you've now got a former state league coach and are training relatively heavily (for your standards)? It just seems to have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other, and I'm just curious how it went down. I just would have assumed that there would have been a big appeal to some of your club men to not train and that's what you previously embraced about the club? So it just seems odd you'd go full bottle now.

Talking about Morisset relegating themselves - I don't fully understand why they'd ask to go from ZPL to ZL1. It doesn't seem to be that drastic a difference to me. I would have thought if any team in ZPL or ZL1 wanted to relegate themselves, it would be due to not being able to field 3 grades? So I guess I'm wondering - are Mory asking to go from ZPL to ZL1 or are they asking to go to ZL2 and only need 2 grades? All hypotheticals, all genuine questions here.

ZPL to ZL1.....

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Last year we did train, well we held training sessions once a week and got about 6-10 people to them (mostly reserve grade players), the training started good but as the coaches (myself and one other guy) were players the discipline dropped during the season and players stopped rocking up to training, which you could see in our results.

Yes we do have Scott Baillie as our head coach this year, Scott replied to an advertisement after the 2016 season and came on board as the coach for this year. The training is heavy at the moment but it is good to get back into a higher standard of training, it is also good to not have to coach this year and just concentrate on trying to play the game.

We also advertised for a coach at the start of the 2016 ZL2 season and got no replies so the I coached again same I they did in 2015 ZL3. A few of the club men that didn't train last year are now back up playing in the NL1 squad and training multiple times a week, I think the reason most of them didn't train is they knew they wouldn't get dropped as we were fighting for promotion and didn't have the quality to threaten their places. I think if we had a proper coach last year then more players would have been to training.

If there are any clubs out there wanting a trial for 3 grades, let me know. We are currently looking for games but we don't have a ground to hold them so would have to go to your ground. Thanks and looking forward to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    All makes sense, thanks for the response. Like I said, credit to you guys for putting such a solid effort in last year and basically not training. I've got no doubt that the ladder would have looked different had you properly trained all year like most others did.

Good luck this year and to yourself enjoy your "break" from coaching and hopefully you get to enjoy the other parts of the club a bit more than normal! It's guys like you that keep our little pub league teams going, keep it up pal.
    OK