Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    In respect Macca I think the reason why people don't find the comments racist is because they were made to a White Anglo. In your opinion Macca had the comments been made to a Asian would you still not find the comments racist?

FYI rolo, the comments that I'm referring to weren't made to the burly English man on the hill, they were made to our First grade Coach and Assistant Coach.
    I think it could be racist in that scenario, but not necessarily. For me its more about context than just what race the person is. I'm sure most people would have at some point heard a Scottish or Irish person who is perfectly fluent in English yet had no idea what they were saying. In that situation, taking the piss out of them and asking if they are speaking the same language is perfectly fine to me.

If you have some Asian guy who is clearly tripping over himself trying to string a sentence together in English and obviously does not have much of a grasp on the language, and you start making fun of their English for that, that's poor taste for me. But not racist (necessarily). Again this is just my opinion.

I'd give the trip to Barnsley a miss then Premy, one of our blokes made the mistake of having long blonde hair and copped 'faggot' off about 10 blokes for 90min. Not 100% sure how being homosexual is a bad thing but i certainly wouldn't be coming out in Barnsley anytime soon!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    For something completely different, my g/f wanted to thank your parents for being so sweet and chatting to her during the game, Wilso..
    Even though we were on opposing sides, apparently they both came to the conclusion that we were all losers for continually supporting the Jets..
    Haha mate just in my comment then. Olds love a chat and Mum couldn't stop mentioning how "lovely" she was hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Maybe also do some shooting practice as some of your boys had some mighty fine shots that cleared that 18foot high fence you have at the back.
    Cmon man Bon said stop dragging him into this!

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    Cmon man Bon said stop dragging him into this!
    HAHAHA.. I was waiting for that..
    I only did it twice.. Got nosebleeds getting that far up the pitch..

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Respectfully, I think you're wrong. Not denying there's racism in our society and in football, or that the phrase mentioned could be used racially but I don't think its inherent. I think you're drawing a long bow there. Some people are hard to understand. Some people have excellent English. I don't see anything wrong with that comment personally, nor do I think it has any racial undertones.

Sounds like a good game and if Suburb deserved more out of it, it wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last time for them, or for any other club.

We felt very hard done by on the weekend having a pretty controversial penalty given after a couple of fouls on us were turned down in the 15 seconds leading up to it which gave Terrace their 1-0 victory, and felt we were good for a point or more out of the game. Seems the kinds of things that happen week in week out when you are struggling to post wins. But we can at least be happy with the performance, and it was an enjoyable game. We hope to make an impact on the finals race with games against Stockton and Suburb coming up in the final rounds.

We hope you do as well Macca!

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    We hope you do as well Macca!

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    I'd give the trip to Barnsley a miss then Premy, one of our blokes made the mistake of having long blonde hair and copped 'faggot' off about 10 blokes for 90min. Not 100% sure how being homosexual is a bad thing but i certainly wouldn't be coming out in Barnsley anytime soon!!!!
    Well we are all hillbillys and rednecks out this way, or so we are told. And everyone knows a rednecks stance on "faggots". Point is every club has some people who push the limits when it comes to banter, even if some are to high and mighty to admit it. Context and manner of delivery is the main issue with it, out on the field, with adrenaline pumping some things may get said, that maybe shouldn't but there no hiding that it does happen. I'd be pretty surprise if a single player in the whole comp away from the field was really a racist. 99% of us happy to forget it all once we are off the park. And premy I would think if major offence was taken with the comments you are referring to then they should be raised with you duty officer then and there so perpetrators can be dealt with immediately.

Like all clubs you can only put out the best team you have on the day, we also had players out and late changes to the squad on game day. It happens every week so that is null and void.
    Ok so lets put bias aside.
    You guys controlled the best part of the first half, you pressed us high up the park and put us of our game. First goal came from this pressures after winning the ball in a dangerous area with a nice calm finish to take a deserved lead. Second goal I would hardly say was "well taken". A corner that wasn't cleared, it came from a miss hit shot that squeezed through a packed six yard with the keeper seeing late and the shot going threw his legs.
    After the second goal we then started to get back into the game, 3 great chances which were denied by the goal keeper could have seen us level or in front at half time. That said you guys also had a strong chance from a free header that could have put you up by 3 before half time.

Second half.
    We came out a lot better a started to control the game a got back to playing the way we should have in the first half. We controlled the possession without really creating many chances. Your third goal then came from a breakdown and counter attack which I must say was finished brilliantly.
    We then made a few changes and it was one way traffic, we then squandered at least 4 more great chances a finally got the 2 late goals.

Now lets get to "being humble"?
    Were you being humble when you cleared a ball into the bush with 5 to go when you could have just knocked it out? Then proceed to have a shot at the person who fetched the ball and questioned you about having to kick it as far as you did?
    Was Rolo "being humblel" when he took 5 minutes to leave the park when being substituted and proceeded to laugh at wasting time when he was walking back onto the park whilst being substituted?
    Or the bloke who went down injured asking us to kick the ball out but had a miracles recovery less than 5 seconds later once you guys retained possession, was he "being humble"?
    The bloke who I can only believe was on some great acid or is vision impaired as all he saw all day was Pelicans. Was he "being humble" with his ironic yet casual racism?

Yes we left the park thinking it was a day that could have gone very different but I take nothing away from you guys, you played hard a fair and were clinical with your chances.
    All in all thanks for a great day.
    I would just like to point out the second goal actually came from a perfectly placed drop kick out of my hands to our winger who lobbed the on rushing keeper. Don't take my assists away from me!
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Geez I miss the banter in this league. Unfortunately, as much as you guys want it to happen, the might Bay will stay another year in ZPL. But to have that one more chance to play against Rolo while he's hitting max revs, would've been outstanding. I wish all of you the best for the rest of the season lads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Geez I miss the banter in this league. Unfortunately, as much as you guys want it to happen, the might Bay will stay another year in ZPL. But to have that one more chance to play against Rolo while he's hitting max revs, would've been outstanding. I wish all of you the best for the rest of the season lads.
    Mate you had your chance to be alongside it in Forster! Saturday that is. Definitely not on the Sunday!

Like all clubs you can only put out the best team you have on the day, we also had players out and late changes to the squad on game day. It happens every week so that is null and void.
    Ok so lets put bias aside.
    You guys controlled the best part of the first half, you pressed us high up the park and put us of our game. First goal came from this pressures after winning the ball in a dangerous area with a nice calm finish to take a deserved lead. Second goal I would hardly say was "well taken". A corner that wasn't cleared, it came from a miss hit shot that squeezed through a packed six yard with the keeper seeing late and the shot going threw his legs.
    After the second goal we then started to get back into the game, 3 great chances which were denied by the goal keeper could have seen us level or in front at half time. That said you guys also had a strong chance from a free header that could have put you up by 3 before half time.

Second half.
    We came out a lot better a started to control the game a got back to playing the way we should have in the first half. We controlled the possession without really creating many chances. Your third goal then came from a breakdown and counter attack which I must say was finished brilliantly.
    We then made a few changes and it was one way traffic, we then squandered at least 4 more great chances a finally got the 2 late goals.

Now lets get to "being humble"?
    Were you being humble when you cleared a ball into the bush with 5 to go when you could have just knocked it out? Then proceed to have a shot at the person who fetched the ball and questioned you about having to kick it as far as you did?
    Was Rolo "being humblel" when he took 5 minutes to leave the park when being substituted and proceeded to laugh at wasting time when he was walking back onto the park whilst being substituted?
    Or the bloke who went down injured asking us to kick the ball out but had a miracles recovery less than 5 seconds later once you guys retained possession, was he "being humble"?
    The bloke who I can only believe was on some great acid or is vision impaired as all he saw all day was Pelicans. Was he "being humble" with his ironic yet casual racism?

Yes we left the park thinking it was a day that could have gone very different but I take nothing away from you guys, you played hard a fair and were clinical with your chances.
    All in all thanks for a great day.
    I find it hard not to agree with Wilso. I didn't catch the first 10 mins or so. Caught the second Stockton goal, great finish. GS looked good in patches but you don't win games by looking good.
    You talk about the soft goals suburbs let in and the chances they missed but as I recall their first goal came from a deflection in their own half that was ran onto by the only guy paying attention. Seemed like everyone else just stopped. Made him look like Usain bolt. And the second goal was hardly a goal worth writing home about. Just a scrappy dogs breakfast at the end of the game that ended up in the net. So in the end suburbs were probably lucky to get any goals.

Do we have another Wallsend fall from grace on our hands?

My comments regarding being "humble" has been in response to your one eyed views throughout the year. I hope you don't speak for the whole of the Suburbs boys when you bang on about how you've been the "better" side in every single loss you've had throughout the year.
    I quiet often say that I'm probably bias in how I view a match. Take my match reviews with a huge grain of salt, forgive me for thinking that this is a place to discuss about matches in ZL1.
    I generally think that I call it the way I see so if that makes me one eyed then so be it. I've mainly stuck to first grade games in my reviews and in my humble one eyed opinion of the 3 losses I've seen our first grade have had this year I feel only Morisset were the better side on the day. Again take this with a huge grain of salt, maybe you could enjoy it with a beer on the hill come finals time.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I quiet often say that I'm probably bias in how I view a match. Take my match reviews with a huge grain of salt, forgive me for thinking that this is a place to discuss about matches in ZL1.
    I generally think that I call it the way I see so if that makes me one eyed then so be it. I've mainly stuck to first grade games in my reviews and in my humble one eyed opinion of the 3 losses I've seen our first grade have had this year I feel only Morisset were the better side on the day. Again take this with a huge grain of salt, maybe you could enjoy it with a beer on the hill come finals time.
    Oh is that a dig? Good one. See you can be kind of funny when you stop talking out your ass.
    Your first grade look top notch. Know a few of the boys who returned this year and will be difficult to beat come finals time. Just don't forget there are other quality teams in the league. Not just yours.
    Your reserve grade will give the comp a good shake. Especially playing on a decent field. You can only score "shit" goals, as referenced by your team, at Gardo like we did on the weekend. Very hard to score gorgeous/beautiful goals. We all know they count more. Also don't forget to switch on before the 75th minute. And heaven forbid if you are in front please don't waste time. If I'm on the hill drinking piss that bush of yours is an awfully long walk to fetch one of Bons clearances/shots

If I'm on the hill drinking piss that bush of yours is an awfully long walk to fetch one of Bons clearances/shots
    Bloody hell.. Do you have to keep bringing those anomalies up? There was a bobble on the pitch.. The sun was in my eyes.. Rolo's giggles put me off.. They normally go top corner, I swear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Bloody hell.. Do you have to keep bringing those anomalies up? There was a bobble on the pitch.. The sun was in my eyes.. Rolo's giggles put me off.. They normally go top corner, I swear!!
    I believe you Bon after that ripper you put past me in your visit to the terrace. Any misplaced shot would be due to anything other then your ability to strike a ball..

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I believe you Bon after that ripper you put past me in your visit to the terrace. Any misplaced shot would be due to anything other then your ability to strike a ball..
    No bobbles on that pitch Bon, so you can jam that excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Put one passed Westlakes(?) as well if my memory serves me.

The big man is on 4 this year, thats more than his total for the last 8(teen) years from what I've heard!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Put one passed Westlakes(?) as well if my memory serves me.
    I believe it was 2, but one had a bit of a helping hand...
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I believe it was 2, but one had a bit of a helping hand...
    Sh!t off.. Both were all me!
    Actually, this brings up a good point.. Will there be the full payment of Daim in a few weeks! Or are you wanting to go double or nothing?
    Last edited by Bon; 25-07-2017 at 12:48 PM.