Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Charly v Stocko
    Tg 4-1
    Rg 0-2
    Fg 0-2

Barnsley were brilliant today... Same cannot be said Bero!
    Bero lucky the goals finished at 8 in my opinion.
    Good to see Suburbs get a result like that. One of my favourite clubs and a result that is probably overdue but was going to happen soon.

Big day for Barnsley.

Congrats to the Suburb boys, you guys were too good on the day. Good bunch of lads to play against and we look forward to the return fixture.

Wallsend v Cooks Hill

3rd Grade: 1-2
    Ressies: 2-3
    1st Grade: 4-3

Any Mid-Season predictions updates for the three grades? Top 4 and Minor prem?

I'd love to see someones take on a mid-season review. Who's overachieving? Who's underachieving?

Comp is starting to open up a little but the leader has only just won more than half their games and 6 teams on 4 wins after that.
    Barnsley, Terrace, Suburb, Cooks Hill top four would be my prediction, but nothing nailed on.

At Westlakes we feel we are underachieving a bit, some weeks turning up and others not, leading to some good wins and some drubbings. Nature of the comp though gives us (and every other team who would like to improve their ladder position) a chance to do so in round 2.

I think Stockton may slide down the table slightly but they have done well to be where they are.

Would not surprise me to see Morisset improve on their two wins round 1 second time round.

Been a fun comp to be apart of so far and hope for more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    Any Mid-Season predictions updates for the three grades? Top 4 and Minor prem?

I'd love to see someones take on a mid-season review. Who's overachieving? Who's underachieving?
    Going off from what I have seen, how teams have played against us. So admittedly I'm only judging Clubs from one performance.

Barnsley- Strong side across the park, they may struggle to hold on to first as I think their lack of depth may play a part but they'll definitely be thereabouts come seasons end. 1-1 was a fair result against us but I still feel we were the better side.

Raymond Terrace- They have some handy players however I feel they will drop off the pace a little. To be where they are at the turn of the season has been a solid effort, against us I didn't see enough to think that they will still be top 2 come season end. There a tough team to break down and were fortunate against us to get the goal they did, that said our goal was a penalty (rightfully awarded) that sometimes you see not called a penalty.

Stockton- I was away that weekend so I won't comment.

Beresfield- I didn't see much to be impressed by I can't see them finishing top 4. They beat us 3-1 but I still didn't think they were anything special, we conceded early from a set piece due to cross being misjudged from our Keeper. From there they had 10 and 11 men behind the ball at all times, we threw blokes forward and conceded 2 more on the break. There Keeper will be worth at least 10 points this year.

Cooks Hill- Anything but a top 4 finish from them is a disappointment, the best side we have played all year in my opinion. Our game against them was quite refreshing to see 2 sides actually trying to play Football. We got the better of them first round but the game could have gone either way, it came down to us being more clinical on the day.

Wallsend- They'll upset a few sides with there physical style and pinch a few points but I don't see them making the finals. I can honestly say that I haven't played against a dirtier side since the days of Bellbird away. I walked away from our game against them with a broken nose so I'm probably being a little bias with that comment. However we were kicked across the park that night and still came away with the points.

Westlakes- Left themselves with a bit of work to do and I feel that it will be a little to much for them. 5-1 doesn't tell the story of the day, they have some handy players that will trouble teams leading into the finals. They could definitely be a banana skin for some.

Morisset- Strong, physical and talented side, easily the biggest under achievers so far, they put in a great performance against us and deserved the 3 points. Maybe someone from Morisset could enlighten me, but I feel as though they may have some injury concerns which might suggest why they've had their current results.

Charlestown- Quiet clearly a step or 2 behind. Our game against them could have blown out to a large scoreline if we were more clinical. I feel your pain lads, we've been there just keep turning up and fighting hard, hopefully you can snag a couple of results.

Top 4 in no order
    Barnsley
    Cooks Hill
    Terrace
    Suburb

Res
    Cooks Hill/ Suburb

3rds
    Barnsley
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Going off from what I have seen, how teams have played against us. So admittedly I'm only judging Clubs from one performance.

Barnsley- Strong side across the park, they may struggle to hold on to first as I think their lack of depth may play a part but they'll definitely be thereabouts come seasons end. 1-1 was a fair result against us but I still feel we were the better side.

Raymond Terrace- They have some handy players however I feel they will drop off the pace a little. To be where they are at the turn of the season has been a solid effort, against us I didn't see enough to think that they will still be top 2 come season end. There a tough team to break down and were fortunate against us to get the goal they did, that said our goal was a penalty (rightfully awarded) that sometimes you see not called a penalty.

Beresfield- I didn't see much to be impressed by I can't see them finishing top 4. They beat us 3-1 but I still didn't think they were anything special, we conceded early from a set piece due to cross being misjudged from our Keeper. From there they had 10 and 11 men behind the ball at all times, we threw blokes forward and conceded 2 more on the break. There Keeper will be worth at least 10 points this year.

Cooks Hill- Anything but a top 4 finish from them is a disappointment, the best side we have played all year in my opinion. Our game against them was quite refreshing to see 2 sides actually trying to play Football. We got the better of them first round but the game could have gone either way, it came down to us being more clinical on the day.

Wallsend- They'll upset a few sides with there physical style and pinch a few points but I don't see them making the finals. I can honestly say that I haven't played against a dirtier side since the days of Bellbird away. I walked away from our game against them with a broken nose so I'm probably being a little bias with that comment. However we were kicked across the park that night and still came away with the points.

Westlakes- Left themselves with a bit of work to do and I feel that it will be a little to much for them. 5-1 doesn't tell the story of the day, they have some handy players that will trouble teams leading into the finals. They could definitely be a banana skin for some.

Morisset- Strong, physical and talented side, easily the biggest under achievers so far, they put in a great performance against us and deserved the 3 points. Maybe someone from Morisset could enlighten me, but I feel as though they may have some injury concerns which might suggest why they've had their current results.

Charlestown- Quiet clearly a step or 2 behind. Our game against them could have blown out to a large scoreline if we were more clinical. I feel your pain lads, we've been there just keep turning up and fighting hard, hopefully you can snag a couple of results.

Top 4 in no order
    Barnsley
    Cooks Hill
    Terrace
    Suburb

Res
    Cooks Hill/ Suburb

3rds
    Barnsley
    Let me just summarise for all those reading at home

Barnsley - No good. no depth. Top of the table but who's counting.
    Terrace - Good players but will end the year shit.
    Stocko - No idea
    Bero - They beat us but they still shit.
    Cooks Hill - ****ing awesome cause they didn't hack us and we beat them.
    Wallsend - They'll beat teams but still shit and mad grubs.
    Westlakes - Too far off so can say they'll trouble other teams. Not us but we smashed em.
    Morriset - Good side cause they scare me
    Charley - Absolutely shithouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post

Stocko - No idea
    Westlakes - Too far off so can say they'll trouble other teams. Not us but we smashed em.
    Ha ha ha nailed it

Stocko - No idea
    Can't argue with that. You get a gold star, straight to the top of class.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Stocko - No idea
    Bahahahahaha

Stocko - No idea
    Yep, a quarter of the time to read and got the same feeling from this as the original. Thanks for the help Wilso!

Anyone from the Terrace able to elaborate on Premy's feelings about you guys?

I believe all the first grade teams are even and no one team is better than any other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Top 4 in no order
    Barnsley
    Cooks Hill
    Terrace
    Suburb

Res
    Cooks Hill/ Suburb

3rds
    Barnsley
    No comment on your own side, but have them in the 4. Surely if you're going to do a mid season wrap up, you should include all teams, even if you have something to do with one of them. How do you think your team has performed overall?

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    No comment on your own side, but have them in the 4. Surely if you're going to do a mid season wrap up, you should include all teams, even if you have something to do with one of them. How do you think your team has performed overall?
    Nope.
    Surely maybe, but still no, I try to not talk to much about ourselves to avoid sounding bias, I've done this for sometime now.
    No comment.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

No dramas lads. I live to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post

Anyone from the Terrace able to elaborate on Premy's feelings about you guys?
    Fair call, we also are amazed of where we are sitting after only winning 4 games. It's a real tough comp and haven't really outplayed anyone in our wins. I like the looks of morriset, but I feel they lack depth big time. I think every team will back themselves at full strength, it's just a matter of getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    I have a go for Prem....

Garden (no fking S's) Suburb - Pretty classy bunch but lacking a bit of consistency and a bit of luck. Have great depth and can see us slipping into the top 4 then smashing everything in sight. Best canteen in the league. See you at the GF. regards.

No dramas lads. I live to give.
    I heard you're more of a taker 😜