Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    Big day for Cooks Hill if Stoko and the subbies win their catch up matches as per table and they don't get all 3 points today they will be just about out of it. A big shock for a team with that much pedigree... seemed to have lost their way this year in a comp that lost 3 of its big guns... Is that how you guys see it? I'm away now so only follow comp through this forum and table results... Preseason I assumed they would be way too strong for the first past the post comp with their depth and record what has gone so wrong?
    Cooks Hill now in the 4. Thank you for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside trap View Post
    Actually 5th on Goal Difference.....

With other teams with games in hand...

Has any other clubs been timing matches from 3rd grade and Reserve grade?

Over the last few weeks every game has had halves reduced by 2mins.

The players for every game are out on the field on time and it always seems to be the refs who are late.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    Has any other clubs been timing matches from 3rd grade and Reserve grade?

Over the last few weeks every game has had halves reduced by 2mins.

The players for every game are out on the field on time and it always seems to be the refs who are late.
    We time all ours and they have been on pretty consistent. With first having stoppage they are always longer we have had multiple halves go into 50mins +

have seen this multiple times this year even with players out there ready to start on time
    show the ref a stopwatch we used and ask why we went short with no answer given....

I was told our third grade game against Charlestown last weekend was shortened due to earlier (presumably junior) games running overtime. I think the first half was 35 minutes or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was told our third grade game against Charlestown last weekend was shortened due to earlier (presumably junior) games running overtime. I think the first half was 35 minutes or something like that.
    We got the exact same thing when we played out there and that was Ressies. didn't make much sense when the KO times allowed for normal game times. So there was a large gap between ressies and firsts???

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    We got the exact same thing when we played out there and that was Ressies. didn't make much sense when the KO times allowed for normal game times. So there was a large gap between ressies and firsts???
    Yeah usual gap between ressies and firsts. Not too sure about the gap after thirds but i suspect it was there still.

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    It happens very often at Charlestown oval due to the shear number of junior games that take place earlier in the day. You would think they would chope 5-10 mins off the juniors games leading up to the zone league games to finish on time but this never happens leaving the zone league 3rd grade game to be cut short.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes it was cut back to 35 minute halves! We didn't kickoff until 1:45pm not 1:30pm which threw our warmup into all sorts. I'm all for the late kickoffs to accomodate all games played at the ground but at least make sure we will kickoff on time, if that means setting a 15min gap between the junior games and us zone leaguers then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    It happens very often at Charlestown oval due to the shear number of junior games that take place earlier in the day. You would think they would chope 5-10 mins off the juniors games leading up to the zone league games to finish on time but this never happens leaving the zone league 3rd grade game to be cut short.
    I understand that sometimes the junior games can affect kick off times when zone leagues sides play after.

What I don't understand is how at Suburbs when we only have 3 zone league game all day they can still manage to justify cutting time off the end considering they are late to take the field.

I'm pretty certain 1st grade is unaffected but the lower grades seem to have a larger gap inbetween games compared to previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    I understand that sometimes the junior games can affect kick off times when zone leagues sides play after.

What I don't understand is how at Suburbs when we only have 3 zone league game all day they can still manage to justify cutting time off the end considering they are late to take the field.

I'm pretty certain 1st grade is unaffected but the lower grades seem to have a larger gap inbetween games compared to previous years.
    Yep. Every game we're out on the field waiting on the refs for 4-5 minutes at the start + half time. First grade included. They seem to take longer breaks/take longer to take the field, then call games short.. Bit of a joke really.

Last night's catchup.
    1st Grade
    Charlie 0-3 Garden Suburb
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside trap View Post
    And they're out again lol

Did wallsend and stocko play last night?

Yeh
    Res 3-1 Stocko
    1sts 4-0 Wallsend

Just when you think that this comp was opening up a little.
    Couple of big games this weekend, the run into the finals is going to be quiet interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Just when you think that this comp was opening up a little.
    Couple of big games this weekend, the run into the finals is going to be quiet interesting.
    You said it, 4-0 to Wallsend is a huge result! What happened there?
    You would have to think Barnsley and Terrace will be there at the end (well who knows in this comp?) but who will the other two be?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    You said it, 4-0 to Wallsend is a huge result! What happened there?
    They beat them 4-1 in round one. Just have their measure it seems.