Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    What would your clubs thoughts be if another club booked your ground through council to train on during the weeknights that you didn't use them?

I think it's a poor effort and a sneaky way to preserve their own ground whilst wrecking another ground as they are setting up goals and training inside 18 yard boxes etc..
    Honestly it shouldn't be happening.

Should name and shame as they deserve it.

What would your clubs thoughts be if another club booked your ground through council to train on during the weeknights that you didn't use them?

I think it's a poor effort and a sneaky way to preserve their own ground whilst wrecking another ground as they are setting up goals and training inside 18 yard boxes etc..
    We have had several All Age teams just turn up and train on ours becaus theirs was closed. They get offended when asked to leave.

But on your point. If clubs don't have the capacity to accomodate teams training, maybe they have too many teams. If it's just about preserving fields, poor form.

Can you fence off the 18 yard box to preserve it?

Fortunately for us, all bookings come through the club, not Council.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    We have had several All Age teams just turn up and train on ours becaus theirs was closed. They get offended when asked to leave.

But on your point. If clubs don't have the capacity to accomodate teams training, maybe they have too many teams. If it's just about preserving fields, poor form.

Can you fence off the 18 yard box to preserve it?

Fortunately for us, all bookings come through the club, not Council.
    Bookings through the clubs would definitely be the ideal situation! An NPL with four teams should be able to be accommodated on their own ground I reckon

We fence off our 18 yard boxes anyway but last night they pulled that down, set up the nets and started shooting lol

Will be interested to see what council have to say about it

What do clubs do tomorrow? Cancel games to save the fields for the winter months even if playable? Or play games and wreck fields? Interested to hear clubs thoughts

Redhead = play. Season well underway and it is short. Do all we can to get games on. (Played tonight and it did not stop raining, field quite squelchy but plan is games tomorrow)

What do clubs do tomorrow? Cancel games to save the fields for the winter months even if playable? Or play games and wreck fields? Interested to hear clubs thoughts
    Being early in the season we cancelled. We have this year been putting a lot of $$$$ into our fields and I don't see any reason to turn it into a dirt field so early in the season. If it were round 10 it might be different. I actually think next season will be when we see a big improvement in our pitch, but it's already much better than it has been in years.

The women tomorrow may just get moved to the top ground depending on how much rain we get today.

Not many grounds out today though.

I was supposed to play at Dudley seniors, it's off. I wouldn't want to wreck their surface either. One of the best around.
    Last edited by sammydog; 20-05-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Redhead = play. Season well underway and it is short. Do all we can to get games on. (Played tonight and it did not stop raining, field quite squelchy but plan is games tomorrow)
    Redhead all off today though.

This past week an All Age team has been caught using unregistered players and has subsequently been removed from the competition and a fine issued to the Club.
    ok who was it?

Bet this wasnt the only team though
    Last edited by hawk; 22-05-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    ok who was it?

Bet this want the only team though
    Email from Macquarie said one team caught using 3 unregistered players.

Last season, 5 teams caught.

I suspect there will be more by seasons end as they are cracking down on it. Should be easy enough to find out who by checking the draws and results.

ok who was it?

Bet this want the only team though
    Belmont FC

All Age K

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG10 View Post
    Belmont FC...All Age K
    Sitting 2nd, ouch. Wonder how they were caught because no one really has time to check thoroughly

Sitting 2nd, ouch. Wonder how they were caught because no one really has time to check thoroughly
    If it's the team I think it is they actually got kicked out aswell last year but for Dudley all age they play fill ins one was from south Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Guiltykeep View Post
    If it's the team I think it is they actually got kicked out aswell last year but for Dudley all age they play fill ins one was from south Cardiff
    Yeah I heard the same thing. I played in AA/N last season which both Dudley and Kahibah got kicked out of, so for them to move to another club then pull the same shit again in crazy.

Newcastle is a small town, with a football community where a lot of people know everyone. So the moment you're using unregistered players, particularly from higher divisions, you're playing with fire.

Particularly in finals series like old pal from maitland and his mates a few years back, covered extensively in the herald.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Yeah I heard the same thing. I played in AA/N last season which both Dudley and Kahibah got kicked out of, so for them to move to another club then pull the same shit again in crazy.
    Wait no just got confirmation it's not k grade Belmont

Was actually H grade belmont

Quote Originally Posted by Guiltykeep View Post
    Wait no just got confirmation it's not k grade Belmont

Was actually H grade belmont
    My bad!!

As for how, one of their games had a club ref and the club ref knew one of the players playing for Belmont but when he checked the teamsheet that blokes name was not on it.

Shame this has happened at a very good family friendly club like Belmont.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Thats why as a club before we take on new All Age teams, we do a lot of back ground checks with Refs and the Associations. If a whole All Age Team is looking for a new club you have to ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG10 View Post
    My bad!!

As for how, one of their games had a club ref and the club ref knew one of the players playing for Belmont but when he checked the teamsheet that blokes name was not on it.

Shame this has happened at a very good family friendly club like Belmont.
    I don't think this sort of thing should reflect on Belmont as a club. Its not their role to check every team sheet before a team plays. Sad thing is, they cop the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I don't think this sort of thing should reflect on Belmont as a club. Its not their role to check every team sheet before a team plays. Sad thing is, they cop the fine.
    A team official actually puts the players name on the team sheet-how is it not their responsibility to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    A team official actually puts the players name on the team sheet-how is it not their responsibility to check it.
    Team Official, not a club official.

Half the time a team official is one of the players in all age. How is that the clubs fault.