Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Any word on next year from Maitland junior's and maitland seniors on them going around again?
    Also medowie, who struggled to field two grades this year.
    Medowie have unfortunately have struggled to field 2 grades for the last few seasons.
    Sad times for a club that used to be consistently strong.

Any word on next year from Maitland junior's and maitland seniors on them going around again?
    Also medowie, who struggled to field two grades this year.
    My guess,
    Next year will be
    Uni
    Maitland snrs
    Bolwarra
    Dudley
    Edgeworth
    Maitland juniors
    Mayfield
    You would think at least one new team

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Medowie have unfortunately have struggled to field 2 grades for the last few seasons.
    Sad times for a club that used to be consistently strong.
    You'll find the reason why is because majority of their descent players ended up going over to play for Raymond Terrace. And are enjoying their time by the looks of it with another GF win.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    My guess,
    Next year will be
    Uni
    Maitland snrs
    Bolwarra
    Dudley
    Edgeworth
    Maitland juniors
    Mayfield
    I think you guys will see Medowie continue on still, even with a lack of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    You'll find the reason why is because majority of their descent players ended up going over to play for Raymond Terrace. And are enjoying their time by the looks of it with another GF win.
    I hope medowie hang around. With a full team they are decent, Good bunch of guys too. Unless players are too good for zl3 or zl2 they should be staying to help out their club.

I think swapping clubs sometimes is the easy way out. Players should show loyalty through the good times and the bad. At the end of the day someone will finish first and someone will finish last.

Up the Joons

Mi amigos in the know told me azzurris won the golden boot in reggies by default. Homer would be proud. De. Fault.
    There can only be one king

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    Mi amigos in the know told me azzurris won the golden boot in reggies by default. Homer would be proud. De. Fault.
    Apparently all the trophies Azzurri picked up were won by default. Newcastle Football handed them over before a ball was kicked as they knew it was inevitable.

Also, Azzurri only won the comp by like 50 points because during one of their games the referee gave them a throw-in when it should have been given the other way. Neeeeeeeeeeexxxxxttttttt.

My guess,
    Next year will be
    Uni
    Maitland snrs
    Bolwarra
    Dudley
    Edgeworth
    Maitland juniors
    Mayfield
    West Wallsend are coming on board but it is pretty much made up of a lot of the Edgy boys from this season... I wonder what that will mean for Edgy? Any one know if they will enter a team again in 2018? I'd say they'll need a lot of new players.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    West Wallsend are coming on board but it is pretty much made up of a lot of the Edgy boys from this season... I wonder what that will mean for Edgy? Any one know if they will enter a team again in 2018? I'd say they'll need a lot of new players.
    Once again though, there has to BE a spot for them.
    Y'all are assuming Medowie aren't going to register a team for 2018, but if they do they have first crack at the spot as they played in the comp this year, regardless of finishing position/squad depth.

If West Wallsend were to put in a team as well, then there would be a bye in the comp, which isn't favoured by anyone running competitions.
    Although on the other side of the fence, it would turn ZL3 back into a 10 team comp which is much more structured.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Once again though, there has to BE a spot for them.
    Y'all are assuming Medowie aren't going to register a team for 2018, but if they do they have first crack at the spot as they played in the comp this year, regardless of finishing position/squad depth.

If West Wallsend were to put in a team as well, then there would be a bye in the comp, which isn't favoured by anyone running competitions.
    Although on the other side of the fence, it would turn ZL3 back into a 10 team comp which is much more structured.

They won't ever turn a club away from registering for zone league 3. Regardless of numbers of teams already registered. Competition administrators are there to run a growing game. Not limit numbers so it's easy for them to run.

I can't see 10 teams turning up to create a ZL4 so they'll always take new teams into ZL3.

It'll be good to play on Westy pitch over edgeworths, feel sorry for those guys having to play on it all year this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    They won't ever turn a club away from registering for zone league 3. Regardless of numbers of teams already registered. Competition administrators are there to run a growing game. Not limit numbers so it's easy for them to run.

I can't see 10 teams turning up to create a ZL4 so they'll always take new teams into ZL3.

It'll be good to play on Westy pitch over edgeworths, feel sorry for those guys having to play on it all year this season.
    Is it west wallsend snrs or jnrs? Hopefully the seniors. Edgeworth ground is crap, maybe they need to look at playing there zone league somewhere else?

Is it west wallsend snrs or jnrs? Hopefully the seniors. Edgeworth ground is crap, maybe they need to look at playing there zone league somewhere else?
    I believe it's the juniors, there could be a reshuffle with teams due to the possibility of Bero ZL1 not getting numbers for a team due to a number of players leaving. So I think no matter what west Wallsend will be accepted

I've never known a team to never be accepted
    I'm pretty sure a few years back ZL3 was going to be 12 team Comp till a few late pull outs before the season started

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    I've never known a team to never be accepted
    I'm pretty sure a few years back ZL3 was going to be 12 team Comp till a few late pull outs before the season started
    They will put as many teams into ZL3 as apply, there will be no hesitation on 12.

Any word on next year from Maitland junior's and maitland seniors on them going around again.
    Have heard both Maitland teams will be going around next year.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Have heard both Maitland teams will be going around next year.
    That is great news if correct, It would be great to get to 10 teams. Association will take as many teams as possible

So is Azzuri going up to ZL2 or they happy to win 10-0 each week?

Just had a look at newysports and went back through last couple of weeks. I noticed west wallsend jnrs had trials listed on there. I wouldn't expect a new team at west wallsend to get many interested?I would have thought they would take who they get? I wouldn't think they would be able to attract any decent players?

You've probably got a group of lads keen to setup a team but not enough of them alone to fill 1sts + ressies. So hold trials and scrape together the extra few players