Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

getting closer to game day

should be good crowd with Bolwarra squad making it and being close to home, Hamilton also support in numbers and supply good banter and Maitland home ground so hopefully that brings out people who don't like to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    getting closer to game day

should be good crowd with Bolwarra squad making it and being close to home, Hamilton also support in numbers and supply good banter and Maitland home ground so hopefully that brings out people who don't like to travel.
    Speaking of weddings, Azzurri coach has his wedding on so probably won't be many there. Heaps of the players are involved too so will probably be mostly a rezzies team playing. For most of the boys, the season finished two months ago when we sealed premiership/promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Speaking of weddings, Azzurri coach has his wedding on so probably won't be many there. Heaps of the players are involved too so will probably be mostly a rezzies team playing. For most of the boys, the season finished two months ago when we sealed premiership/promotion.
    Minor premiership / promotion was an awesome achievement, wish it were us and happy to state that. BUT what you are telling us here is you effectively are handing Bolwanka the GF and playing it down as though it doesn't matter? (season finished 2 months ago) Surely you would love to cap a stella season with the GF under your belt as the cherry on top. Am I misinterpreting?

mind games are on

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Minor premiership / promotion was an awesome achievement, wish it were us and happy to state that. BUT what you are telling us here is you effectively are handing Bolwanka the GF and playing it down as though it doesn't matter? (season finished 2 months ago) Surely you would love to cap a stella season with the GF under your belt as the cherry on top. Am I misinterpreting?
    Of course we'd like to win it but for us at the start of the season we said the goal was the premiership (grand final wasn't even mentioned). We won that and had our celebration then. It would be great to win this weekend but for many of us, our mate's wedding is way more important than a one off game that essentially means nothing in the bigger scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    mind games are on
    No mind games mate, Spongy gets married 3pm on Saturday! Surprised you didn't get an invite

Spring weddings ffs
    OK

No mind games mate, Spongy gets married 3pm on Saturday! Surprised you didn't get an invite
    Make it 3:15 and they can get married at half time on Windy Hill!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Bolwanka? Little harsh

the celebrations on sunday afternoon after scoring a late winner didn't show that you guys don't care about the grandfinal that much

Not compared to some of their posts on banter page.

the celebrations on sunday afternoon after scoring a late winner didn't show that you guys don't care about the grandfinal that much
    It was literally a last minute winner, would have been the same if it was a regular season game. But please do continue to tell us how we feel about things.

Also, did you see the celebrations when we wrapped up the premiership up at Cooks Square Park two months ago? Now that was a celebration. Followed it up by three days on the drink and the club hiring a rooftop venue for adult celebrations. In comparison, we (those that aren't at the wedding) have planned to go for a beer at our sponsor on Saturday evening. Like I said, we placed a much bigger emphasis on the premiership than the final.

I agree, all the substitutes ran onto the field. They celebrated more then most, It showed how important it was them. Good luck to them, Azzuri was clearly the best team this year.
    They deserve to win tomorrow and I hope they do. Azzuri are a well run club and have set the bar too high for the rest of us this year. So all I can say is well done and good luck, no tall poppy syndrome from me.

Also, did you see the celebrations when we wrapped up the premiership up at Cooks Square Park two months ago? Now that was a celebration. Followed it up by three days on the drink and the club hiring a rooftop venue for adult celebrations. In comparison, we (those that aren't at the wedding) have planned to go for a beer at our sponsor on Saturday evening. Like I said, we placed a much bigger emphasis on the premiership than the final.
    all for the celebration on the promotion and its a big thing. but to literally label the finals as nothing why on earth turn up then if it seems to mean nothing. In Australian Sport GF is also a big thing and a very enjoyable day and night/ silly Sunday or mad Mondays

and yes I was at cook square when you guys rapped It up (how could I forget you flogged us haha) and I still stand by that Sunday just gone was a bigger celebration at the time then that night. maybe not after but during and straight after it seemed bigger to me.

don't get me wrong, you guys deserve it and you guys did a great thing this year, but its a bit disappointing you guys flicking the grand final off as nothing. but each to there own I guess
    Last edited by Cunning stunts; 08-09-2017 at 11:20 AM.

all for the celebration on the promotion and its a big thing. but to literally label the finals as nothing why on earth turn up then if it seems to mean nothing. In Australian Sport GF is also a big thing and a very enjoyable day and night/ silly Sunday or mad Mondays

and yes I was at cook square when you guys rapped It up (how could I forget you flogged us haha) and I still stand by that Sunday just gone was a bigger celebration at the time then that night. maybe not after but during and straight after it seemed bigger to me.

don't get me wrong, you guys deserve it and you guys did a great thing this year, but its a bit disappointing you guys flicking the grand final off as nothing. but each to there own I guess
    I'm sure all 60 players involved in the grand finals on Saturday will all turn up to win. It's the end of a long season for ZL3 (with the midweek games) and a fair achievement for all involved. All the best to all involved on the field on the wknd. I'm sure there will be plenty of celebration or commiseration drinks sunk come sat/sun./mon. Let's just hope the wind stays away.

agree if its windy it will be a killer on windy hill

Australians and grand finals...

If that's Azzurri's attitude they probably should have let Dudley go through last week.
    I'm sure those boys would love to be playing in the big one tomorrow.

but to literally label the finals as nothing
    Haha I LITERALLY didn't say that.

What I did say was that we placed a much bigger emphasis on the premiership than the final. I don't know why some are getting upset about that.