Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 3 thread

wallsend, cooks hill, kahibah and new lambton all have multiple squads. Cardiff city have heaps of all age teams, easy conversion. Bigger clubs, more players give clubs greater depth.

We also put forward 6 team final series for all 10 team competitions. Like the A League, keeps more interest in competition for more clubs. Currently too many teams fall away , giving an uneven competition.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    wallsend, cooks hill, kahibah and new lambton all have multiple squads. Cardiff city have heaps of all age teams, easy conversion. Bigger clubs, more players give clubs greater depth.

We also put forward 6 team final series for all 10 team competitions. Like the A League, keeps more interest in competition for more clubs. Currently too many teams fall away , giving an uneven competition.
    CCFC only have 2 AA teams, we had 4 last year, you are confusing us with Cardiff Juniors, who have more. We are not associated with the Juniors(they don't like us)hahaha

as for the six team semi's, so if you lose more games than you win and have negative goal difference, you make the semi's, WTF are you thinking.
    Talk about rewarding mediocracy..........maybe we should have 1st past the post wins like the EPL, no finals, (it was a league thing anyway), 3 teams drop down, 3 teams up, that will give them something to play for.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    CCFC only have 2 AA teams, we had 4 last year, you are confusing us with Cardiff Juniors, who have more. We are not associated with the Juniors(they don't like us)hahaha

as for the six team semi's, so if you lose more games than you win and have negative goal difference, you make the semi's, WTF are you thinking.
    Talk about rewarding mediocracy..........maybe we should have 1st past the post wins like the EPL, no finals, (it was a league thing anyway), 3 teams drop down, 3 teams up, that will give them something to play for.....
    As I said they use it in the A League. I think thats a slightly higher level then the zone leagues??? Why would the A League have it in if it was so stupid???home finals is where clubs make some cash, more matches more money.

As I said they use it in the A League. I think thats a slightly higher level then the zone leagues??? Why would the A League have it in if it was so stupid???home finals is where clubs make some cash, more matches more money.
    A-League have it to raise more revenue for themselves and with the number of teams in the comp they need to stretch the season out for as long as possible.

I'm a big fan of first past the post wins. Finals do nothing for me, but I wouldn't go having 3 go up and 3 down. Shouldn't be rewarded for coming third. I'd suggest have first ( from lower comp) take last from higher comp) straight swap and maybe 2nd (from lower comp) playoff against 2nd last (from higher comp) winner gets to either stay up or be promoted.

And as for Tenambit coming back again. I wouldn't say it will never happen again but it is a long way off. Unless a major in flux of players who want to play zone league show up from somewhere.

The finals mean nothing other than bragging rights anyway. Promotion and relegation is still based off the season standings, as it should be because it's about consistency.

Until all clubs across the 4 zone leagues are stronger, and can field full starting lineups for all grades every week, the one up-one down system we have now works.
    As it is, not all clubs can progress past ZFL2 as they don't have the player base to field 3 sides in ZFL1

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    should we split this conversation into some sort of a 'clubs with two teams in the zone leagues' thread?

seems a waste to limit it to one of the league threads when all could be involved

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    should we split this conversation into some sort of a 'clubs with two teams in the zone leagues' thread?

seems a waste to limit it to one of the league threads when all could be involved
    Go for it boz
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Haha, and the Aleague is a basket case, enough said.
    Its not about cash $$$$$$ enough said.
    Look at thugby league half the comp make the semis, is that a good idea??????? I think not

Everyone's entitled to their opinion agree to disagree on some points. I think it works in league, if it went back to a top 5 how boring would the last 5 rounds be if the top 5 was already decided?Everyone would be waiting for the finals and the teams that couldn't make it would basically be playing like they were already on their end of season trip.
    End of the day, I think everyone wants a bigger and ultimately better zone league competition. Which will come with more teams. The competition hasn't grown as although new teams have joined, this year more teams left. The clubs that have left in recent years are some of the new clubs. That shows how hard it is for new clubs to get the finances and players to stay a sustainable club. Obviously the higher your up in the Zone League's the easier it is. As Maitland juniors will attest to, its not easy to get going. Jesmond juniors, raaf and abermain are some of the clubs that have fallen recently. And thats not good for the zone leagues, they need some enticement for survival.

As someone that is associated with a battling club I agree that more finals positions will lead to greater interest for new and struggling clubs. Its so hard to sign players for battling clubs, there is so much talent playing all age football that could easily be playing zone league football.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    As someone that is associated with a battling club I agree that more finals positions will lead to greater interest for new and struggling clubs. Its so hard to sign players for battling clubs, there is so much talent playing all age football that could easily be playing zone league football.
    finally someone gets it.
    I have said for years that the associations should be putting less into AA and push them into grade based sides, but its hard when directors and individual clubs aren't interested as there kids play AA and its about everyone winning a prize.
    some clubs have 5+ AA and no grade sides, that needs to change.
    its not hard to get two AA teams and rebadge them as ZPL3 side, don't need money to start, still don't have to train, still don't need to change what they do, except you kick off 1pm and 3pm guaranteed each week either on a Saturday or Sunday.
    I must say AA in the last couple of years, I believe is getting weaker from what I've seen and Zone is growing stronger due to Northerns mismanagement of their comps IE: U/22 etc
    How's this one to end, there will not be a 2HD soon, NPL will be 12 teams and 2HD will be gone, it will work the same as the real NRl, top grade then lower hunter. No promotion etc......so NRL, then Zone........

just because a club has a number of all age sides doesn't mean going into grade football will work. zone leagues not for everyone and associations can't push clubs into doing it.

you can have 20 blokes sign for an all age team, and know your going to play Saturday afternoons (albeit unknown time) or you can sign 30 blokes for zone league, get 5 injures, 5 blokes at work then your scraping to field 2 teams.

most blokes would rather varying time playing with mates and knowing they have to sit out on the odd occasion than getting smashed in zone league.

In saying associations can't push clubs into zone league, I'd love to see them assisting, encouraging and selling it to clubs as much as possible. Particularly as a pathway for large junior based clubs where under 18s turn into low grade all age teams the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    finally someone gets it.
    I have said for years that the associations should be putting less into AA and push them into grade based sides, but its hard when directors and individual clubs aren't interested as there kids play AA and its about everyone winning a prize.
    some clubs have 5+ AA and no grade sides, that needs to change.
    its not hard to get two AA teams and rebadge them as ZPL3 side, don't need money to start, still don't have to train, still don't need to change what they do, except you kick off 1pm and 3pm guaranteed each week either on a Saturday or Sunday.
    I must say AA in the last couple of years, I believe is getting weaker from what I've seen and Zone is growing stronger due to Northerns mismanagement of their comps IE: U/22 etc
    How's this one to end, there will not be a 2HD soon, NPL will be 12 teams and 2HD will be gone, it will work the same as the real NRl, top grade then lower hunter. No promotion etc......so NRL, then Zone........
    I think you will find it costs $1500 to enter zl3 squad.

Just heard Grandfinals for ZP3 is at Cooks square park Maitland Saturday 9th of September

so finals series placement would be as follows

(goes on first grade ladder where you play)
    First leg semis
    Saturday 26/8/2017 4th vs 1st
    Sunday 27/8/2017 3rd vs 2nd

Second leg semis
    Saturday 2/9/2017 2nd vs 3rd
    Sunday 3/9/2017 1st vs 4th

then Grandfinals Saturday 9/9/2017 cook square park

Makes sense. Best ground by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    so finals series placement would be as follows

(goes on first grade ladder where you play)
    First leg semis
    Saturday 26/8/2017 4th vs 1st
    Sunday 27/8/2017 3rd vs 2nd

Second leg semis
    Saturday 2/9/2017 2nd vs 3rd
    Sunday 3/9/2017 1st vs 4th

then Grandfinals Saturday 9/9/2017 cook square park
    Maitland obviously applied for it, any news on where the other zone league finals are at? Interesting to see what clubs applied for grand finals

Maitland obviously applied for it, any news on where the other zone league finals are at? Interesting to see what clubs applied for grand finals
    ZPL apparently to be held at Magic Park

Redhead v Maitland.
    Res 0-3. Much improved effort by the lads.
    1sts 1-0. Good win in a game where both sides had a few chances.