Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    No refs at New Lambton v Muswellbrook yesterday either.
    Results were:
    Reserves: 5-0 New Lambton
    Firsts: 4-3 New Lambton
    The New Lambton NEW FM player that ran first grade was pretty spot on. Probably better than most of the refs we've gotten before in this grade

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    The New Lambton NEW FM player that ran first grade was pretty spot on. Probably better than most of the refs we've gotten before in this grade
    Most Refs you see in the lower comps from ZL1 down seem to be the same refs every year just older and getting more blind by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Most Refs you see in the lower comps from ZL1 down seem to be the same refs every year just older and getting more blind by the day.
    Makes no sense does it?
    You would think the idea with new refs would be to blood them in lower grades and help build confidence/skill, but obviously they don't trust some of these blokes knowledge enough to help foster new referees.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Makes no sense does it?
    You would think the idea with new refs would be to blood them in lower grades and help build confidence/skill, but obviously they don't trust some of these blokes knowledge enough to help foster new referees.
    Lots of opportunities for younger refs in NPL / NewFM with lower age groups these days.

It was made abundantly clear to everyone that if you have your home games on a Saturday that you would struggle to have refs appointed. Clubs were asked and given the opportunity to move their games to Friday night or Sunday and were told if that were to happen then they would definitely get refs.

No point bitching about it now, you were all given the chance and chose not to act on it.
    Brad and all those involved with the refs do an amazing job with limited resources in my opinion.
    You want refs next year? Then maybe think about playing on a Sunday instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Lots of opportunities for younger refs in NPL / NewFM with lower age groups these days.
    Less abuse for the younger refs also.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It was made abundantly clear to everyone that if you have your home games on a Saturday that you would struggle to have refs appointed. Clubs were asked and given the opportunity to move their games to Friday night or Sunday and were told if that were to happen then they would definitely get refs.

No point bitching about it now, you were all given the chance and chose not to act on it.
    Brad and all those involved with the refs do an amazing job with limited resources in my opinion.
    I think everyone understands the challenges of the referee's association and realise there job is way tougher than ours.
    We actually moved some games to Friday night and looked at getting some Sunday games in, however due to our NEWFM team playing Sundays and the structure of the draw we weren't able to make it work.
    Accept that doesn't give us the right to bitch though, the reality is there aren't enough ref's and who can blame them really for some of the shit they put up with.

When refs cops the constant barrage of abuse week in week out (I've been guilty in the past) can we really blame anyone for not racing out to grab their refereeing licence?

Abuse from players is one thing but if you take it back a step abuse from parents is another. I refer games from say u10 - u18. This is where young refs have an interest only to cop abuse from some dick or dickette on the sideline and they become discouraged in continuing next year as a ref. Hence no youth coming through and no increase of resources. Fyi a zl3 game was moved to Sunday and still not one official. I could go on with what I believe the assoc thinks of lower leagues, more so zl3, but not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Abuse from players is one thing but if you take it back a step abuse from parents is another. I refer games from say u10 - u18. This is where young refs have an interest only to cop abuse from some dick or dickette on the sideline and they become discouraged in continuing next year as a ref. Hence no youth coming through and no increase of resources. Fyi a zl3 game was moved to Sunday and still not one official. I could go on with what I believe the assoc thinks of lower leagues, more so zl3, but not today.
    And this is where the clubs step in. EVERY club has a duty to protect referees. Duty officers believe it or not have this responsibility and have the POWER to evict any parent abusing players or referees from the grounds. It's time the clubs step up and take action to remove these people from their clubs/games and protect the youth of today, players and referees.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Out of interest, how much notice was given on moving "a zl3 game" to Sunday?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Out of interest, how much notice was given on moving "a zl3 game" to Sunday?
    We had changed the game at the start of the season. We have changed all our home games to Friday nights and Sunday's. So that we are given every chance to get Referee's. The club has Taken on more Friday night Teams, so we are unable to play Friday nights during the Jnr season. We were allocated 2 officials for the game but they didn't turn up and we weren't notified otherwise.

There were no 100% guarantees that clubs would be given referees for sunday games. Brad carlin was very careful with his words, he said games on sundays SHOULD get referees.
    He did guarantee referees for Friday games.

The problem is a couple of clubs that were hosting friday games in previous years cannot this year due to the expanding friday night all age competition. So basically play Saturday you will rarely get referees.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    There were no 100% guarantees that clubs would be given referees for sunday games. Brad carlin was very careful with his words, he said games on sundays SHOULD get referees.
    He did guarantee referees for Friday games.

The problem is a couple of clubs that were hosting friday games in previous years cannot this year due to the expanding friday night all age competition. So basically play Saturday you will rarely get referees.
    Yeah my apologies, you're right Friday night was guaranteed to get refs and Sunday you had more of a chance. I do sympathize with all the clubs not getting refs but I truly believe that they are doing the best they vmcan with what they have available.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Yeah my apologies, you're right Friday night was guaranteed to get refs and Sunday you had more of a chance. I do sympathize with all the clubs not getting refs but I truly believe that they are doing the best they vmcan with what they have available.
    I don't think anyone is doubting that. Brad and all the referee crew have an unwinnable battle in trying to tempt people to join their ranks (and stay there).

Lets be honest, with the change of NEWFM to all Sunday, and NPL being played then, we never had a chance of getting referees.
    Especially when they constantly allocate 3 different referees to every game.

Its very clear that clubs in zl2 and zl3 wont get referees on Saturday's and possibly not on Sunday's. The odd game covered on Saturday's may occur.
    I think that all clubs involved need to look at all options in increasing referees controlling games as it's clear that something major will occur on the field. If it hasn't happened already.

Maybe zl2 and zl3 could move more games to friday nights and limit the growth of the friday night all age competition. Even the odd game on a Thursday night might help.
    Suggestions?

Suggestions?
    More refs. Its the only answer to a growing game.

Maybe ZL2 and ZL3 need to realise we are a bunch of has beens and never made its and stop being ****s to refs.

Maybe zl2 and zl3 could move more games to friday nights and limit the growth of the friday night all age competition. Even the odd game on a Thursday night might help.
    Suggestions?
    A day change does make more sense, and as much as we'd love to play under lights every week, I doubt anyone else would want to travel to Mussy on a Friday night.