Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Whispers of unrest at West Wallsend... Not sure how true as its second hand info.

What dramas are going on out there ? I thought only drama in the newfm comp was Cessnock and getting them enough players ? What have you herd ?

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    What dramas are going on out there ? I thought only drama in the newfm comp was Cessnock and getting them enough players ? What have you herd ?
    Disagreements between coach and committee is what i'm told. As i said, this is 2nd, maybe even 3rd, hand info so it could be off the mark but worth stirring a bit to see if any truth in it.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Disagreements between coach and committee is what i'm told. As i said, this is 2nd, maybe even 3rd, hand info so it could be off the mark but worth stirring a bit to see if any truth in it.
    Just read that Belswans went to play Maitland with only 17 players for top 2 grades available I'm assuming they still field 11 each grade with players backing up etc which is commonly when players get injured when they are fatigued. Sounds ridicolous and a complete waist of time for everyone looking at the scoreline. Why would you do this?, Why wouldnt you call 23s off? Maybe theres some logical answer but getting flogged in both grades seems silly for both the Belswans players and Maitland players, Maitland would have been better off playing an Intra Club trial. Strange one! Maybe the shortage of players is not reported correctly and they just got beat on there merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Just read that Belswans went to play Maitland with only 17 players for top 2 grades available I'm assuming they still field 11 each grade with players backing up etc which is commonly when players get injured when they are fatigued. Sounds ridicolous and a complete waist of time for everyone looking at the scoreline. Why would you do this?, Why wouldnt you call 23s off? Maybe theres some logical answer but getting flogged in both grades seems silly for both the Belswans players and Maitland players, Maitland would have been better off playing an Intra Club trial. Strange one! Maybe the shortage of players is not reported correctly and they just got beat on there merits.
    I can guarantee the shortage of players has been misquoted.

I turned up just before the end of 23s. Belswans had a full team and I think one on the bench for 23s. There was also what looked like a full squad (st least 12 players) warming up for firsts. So whilst I didn't do a precise count, there was at least 24 players there and may have been up to 26.

I left before full time, but I heard the final score in firsts was 12-1. So not sure where this info has come from, but it's not right.

Due to movements within our squads Thornton Redbacks NL1 are looking for 2-3 players in both the 15's and 17's squad as well as 2 players and a keeper for the under 19's. For more information or to organise a trial please PM me.

The ZPL strikes again, Beresfield down Stags 6-0 (or so).

ZPL is a stronger comp with better players in the top grades. Guaranteed.

Heard Southy had a run last night against Terrace ZL1 and got beat in Res and won 2-1 in 1st grade. Did Southy take a full strength side there? Would've expected a better result.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Heard Southy had a run last night against Terrace ZL1 and got beat in Res and won 2-1 in 1st grade. Did Southy take a full strength side there? Would've expected a better result.
    Sounds like Terrace didn't take their full strength side...

I agree. Southy are terrible.

Based on pre-season results or based on your opinion?

Pre season results, and I have watched their pre season trial

My prediction is Cook's hill to run first comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Pre season results, and I have watched their pre season trial
    They're certainly not setting the world on fire but defeating belswans , raymond terrace and thornton, losing narrowly to valo and comfortably to suns I wouldn't say is terrible. Inconsistent with a lot of work to do maybe.

To be honest, most of the Newfm clubs have had ordinary pre-season results. Certainly copping a bit of slack from the ZPL guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    My prediction is Cook's hill to run first comfortably
    Agreed

Westy looking very sharp after the weekends games in the heritage cup. Newysports tips seem well off.

Quote Originally Posted by Foodyteam View Post
    Westy looking very sharp after the weekends games in the heritage cup. Newysports tips seem well off.
    May as well flip an 11 sided coin to work out where everyone will finish

Heard Thornton 3-0 over Cooks Hill last night out at speers point

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Heard Thornton 3-0 over Cooks Hill last night out at speers point
    Forever Red do you have anymore tips for us. Thats not result from a team who will win the comp 'comfortably'. I know its a trial game blah blah blah but it wasnt even close, the Redbacks way too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Forever Red do you have anymore tips for us. Thats not result from a team who will win the comp 'comfortably'. I know its a trial game blah blah blah but it wasnt even close, the Redbacks way too good.
    Experts do not use pre-season form for season ending selections! Perhaps it would be wise to wait until seasons end to see if Forever is on the $$$ or not.