I have some

Jets u13 defeated Adamstown 14's 18 nil

Jets u14 defeated Adamstown 16's 6 nil

Jets u15 defeated Adamstown 18's 6 nil

Jets u17 defeated Adamstown 1st grade 3-1

More trial results.

u14's Adamstown 5 v Warners Bay 0

u16's Adamstown 1 v Warners Bay 1

Adamstown Rosebud Juniors WPL have had a player move to Queensland recently which has left us 1 short in our 16 Girls team. If you are interested in having a run with the team, or know someone who may be interested, please email budswpl@hotmail.com or ring 0409 655 957 for more information.

Merewether Trial games vs Mariners Academy - they play NPL2 in Sydney. I think the EJets are in NPL1

Merewether 14's lost 3-0 to Mariners 13's
    Merewether 16's lost 3-0 to Mariners 15's
    Merewether 18's drew with their 17's
    Merewether 1st grade won 3-2

Good hit out for everyone concerned.

Merewether U18's have just lost a player who moved to Tamworth. Anyone who might be interested please call Scott on 0412 988408. We are looking for an U18 player, not an over age player.

Kick's off this weekend folks, any predictions? I'm saying Mereweather will be up there with Wallsand and Southy for 1st grade, Adamstown will struggle to make the top 4 if rumours coming out of their camp is correct. Understand in the 14's Wallsend will be the one to beat along with Adamstown 16's.

Also did anyone see the picture on the Herald Women's Premier League Facebook page posted today? They used last year's captain photos to make the graphic, pretty poor form from Northern's media team considering they did a photo shoot earlier this week

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Kick's off this weekend folks, any predictions? I'm saying Mereweather will be up there with Wallsand and Southy for 1st grade, Adamstown will struggle to make the top 4 if rumours coming out of their camp is correct. Understand in the 14's Wallsend will be the one to beat along with Adamstown 16's.

Also did anyone see the picture on the Herald Women's Premier League Facebook page posted today? They used last year's captain photos to make the graphic, pretty poor form from Northern's media team considering they did a photo shoot earlier this week
    Warners Bay u16's 3 defeated Adamstown u16's nil

Quote Originally Posted by soccernut View Post
    Warners Bay u16's 3 defeated Adamstown u16's nil

I said they were one to beat.

Merewether 1sts 5-0 up at ht. 6-0 at ft. (Vs Southy)
    The girls had fun today!

Early prediction, Wallsend 14s to be in the GF.

Hell of a game Warners Bay vs Merewether. 2-1 to Merewether, who were down to ten after GK sent off in the 26th minute.
    Red card and penalty - not what the rules have been changed to??? (keeper had a bad touch, ball got away and she tried (and succeeded) pulling down the Warners Bay player.
    Any rules experts out there?

Ref decides the match, all three goals were penalties.

Still a red card. Pulling at your opponent is not considered an attempt to play the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Still a red card. Pulling at your opponent is not considered an attempt to play the ball.
    Thanks, did a bit of research and I agree. Was written up as Violent Conduct which my by understanding is for off the ball incidents.

If what your saying is correct and there was no off the ball incident, that 'reason' for the RC is incorrect. Sounds like an oversight

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    If what your saying is correct and there was no off the ball incident, that 'reason' for the RC is incorrect. Sounds like an oversight
    Well grabbing the player as she is chasing the ball and pulling down the player is most certainly a red card especially as the player was between the goals and the second to last player on the opposing side.

There was a lot of anger from the Merewether benches jumping up and down about it can't be a red card and a penalty becuase of this double-punishment rule. What they obviously didn't know was what is listed below, I've bolded why the ref was right to send off the player and award the penalty.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own
    penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and
    the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:
    • The offence is holding, pulling or pushing or
    • The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no
    possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or
    The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on
    the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc.)

In all the above circumstances the player is sent off.

As for calling it violent contact below is the definition of violent contact and can be considered the correct call (again bolding mine)

Violent conduct
    An action, which is not a challenge for the ball, which uses or attempts to use
    excessive force
    or brutality against an opponent or when a player deliberately
    strikes someone on the head or face unless the force used is negligible

late_to_the_game, how many weeks was she given?

The player that took over should fill in again she was pretty good. Props to Merewether for hanging in there and winning two penalties to give them the game

6-0 Win to Merewether over Adamstown. Merewether missing 3 important players, not sure if Adamstown were missing any.

Where is everyone???? Sounds like the Adamstown 1st grade girls are enjoying football again....

Heard they were playing some good football.

So did the NPL Adamstown kick the WPL off #1 this weekend and force them over to Speers Point? Saw on facebook that it was moved due to anticipated wet weather of which the forecast was 0mm since Monday as their former star striker pointed out.

Or is Adamstown so rich they can afford to lose a home game and the canteen money that goes with it?
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 23-06-2017 at 06:27 PM.