Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NEW FM League thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2017 NEW FM League thread

discussion starts here

any predictions going around? early season surprises? big signings?

stags are going with a local coach and players, 3 year plan in place

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    any predictions going around? early season surprises? big signings?

stags are going with a local coach and players, 3 year plan in place
    Care to share?

Predictions wise:

Kahibah and Belswans then daylight.

Heard that former Mariner Patrick Zwaanswijk will be doing his mate Gumps a favour and playing for Kahibah this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Watching View Post
    Care to share?

Predictions wise:

Kahibah and Belswans then daylight.

Heard that former Mariner Patrick Zwaanswijk will be doing his mate Gumps a favour and playing for Kahibah this year.
    Cooks Hill and Thornton will be very competitive. The competition is improving and there are some very handy coaches spread across the teams with some good young players coming through at most clubs. There will be a few surprises I believe Kahibah and Belswans will get some very tough competition probably top 4 for both but no 'daylight'. Belswans with Cook and Gazzard and Rufo as coach should see them end up on top.

I predict

Belswans
    Cooks Hill
    Kahibah
    Thornton
    West Wallsend
    Toronto
    Singleton
    New Lambton
    South Cardiff
    Wallsend
    Cessnock

Obviously a lot of very unknown quantities there bottom 7 could be in any order.

Thornton Redbacks looking for trial next Sunday the 5th February able to host or willing to travel. If your available feel free to contact Darrel McAllister on 0426 254 300

Cooks Hill NL1 are looking for replacement trials on March 4/5th in 1st, U23s and U19 grades.
    Originally we were scheduled to play Edgeworth who are now playing in the Heritage Cup.

We need to play this as an away game with upgrades to the Athletics track
    'scheduled to be completed' by March 17th.

Private Message to reply.

Trial Game - Belswans Vs Southy @ Blacksmiths
    1st 2-4
    23's 0-1
    19's 2-1 (i think)
    17's 2-0 (i think)
    15's 8-2

Difficult conditions to play quick footy, being super hot and the grass being relatively long (although it was in pretty good nick). Overall though a good day out for both clubs with positive signs all round. Belswans may be a bit disappointed with the result in 1sts, but still early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Trial Game - Belswans Vs Southy @ Blacksmiths
    1st 2-4
    23's 0-1
    19's 2-1 (i think)
    17's 2-0 (i think)
    15's 8-2

Difficult conditions to play quick footy, being super hot and the grass being relatively long (although it was in pretty good nick). Overall though a good day out for both clubs with positive signs all round. Belswans may be a bit disappointed with the result in 1sts, but still early days.
    Southy won 17's 3-2 is what I heard. Didn't even know 15's got played. Big win for Belswans there. On 1st, been told Belswans had a few out and still early days. Good sign for Southy though.

Scores from Westy v Singleton were:
    15's: Draw 2-2
    17's: Westy 5-1
    19's: Westy 7-1
    23's: Westy 2-0
    1st: Singo 2-1

Very hot day and 1st Grade was shortened to 45 min as a result. More of a training run but Singo had a few out and still won so good signs. Their first goal was a cracker.

Three New-FM sides playing tomorrow. Toronto v Morisset, Dudley v New Lambton and Thornton v Valo. Hopefully cooler conditions but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Toronto v Morisset, Dudley v New Lambton and Thornton v Valo
    Anyone provide results?
    Or cancelled due to extreme weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Anyone provide results?
    Or cancelled due to extreme weather?
    Toronto and Thornton both cancelled. New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.

Toronto and Thornton both cancelled. New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.
    Only first grade was cancelled for Morisset vs Toronto.. By Toronto... The night before the match...
    It had been organised for weeks as a massive day in remembrance for Macca (an absolute legend of a bloke who I was lucky enough to call a mate AND play alongside, before his passing..)
    Yeah it was hot. Everyone knew a week in advance that it would be. An unfortunate way for it to pan out when a lot of people had come a long way for it..

Anyway, results were:
    19s/3rds 1-3 Tronno
    Ressies 4-1 Mo-town

Toronto and Thornton both cancelled.
    Fair enough. Significantly hotter out there I suppose.

New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.
    ZPL teams are hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Only first grade was cancelled for Morisset vs Toronto.. By Toronto... The night before the match...
    It had been organised for weeks as a massive day in remembrance for Macca (an absolute legend of a bloke who I was lucky enough to call a mate AND play alongside, before his passing..)
    Yeah it was hot. Everyone knew a week in advance that it would be. An unfortunate way for it to pan out when a lot of people had come a long way for it..

Anyway, results were:
    19s/3rds 1-3 Tronno
    Ressies 4-1 Mo-town
    I'm not condoning Toronto cancelling. One of their players claimed NNSWF did it but it happened the night before. Being such a big match, it's a shame they pulled out like they did. With no refs and no team sheets, I doubt it was an officially-sanctioned match, therefore Northern had no care if it was played or not.

Also, 19's/3rds was actually 6-1 to Stags.

I've never understood why anyone in Newy organises trial games in Feb/March during the day. Move the games to evening/night ffs - it's ALWAYS too hot to play this early in the year.

From the sounds of the brief report I read on the game, Mory played some of their (me assuming) first graders in the Reserves game anyway - so at the very least some of them got game time.
    OK

I'm not condoning Toronto cancelling. One of their players claimed NNSWF did it but it happened the night before. Being such a big match, it's a shame they pulled out like they did. With no refs and no team sheets, I doubt it was an officially-sanctioned match, therefore Northern had no care if it was played or not.

Also, 19's/3rds was actually 6-1 to Stags.
    Whoops, I stand corrected on that score..

I also heard an unconfirmed rumour that Toronto players had known it was called off since Wednesday.. Not sure how true that is though..
    I understand that it was hot, it was just a disappointing series of events on a day we should have been celebrating Macca's life..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post

Anyway, results were:
    19s/3rds 1-3 Tronno
    Ressies 4-1 Mo-town
    Clubs have got a bit gun-shy since the Federation have sent out reminders on the Heat Policy. Perhaps common sense should have prevailed and the first grade fixture been played instead of the younger/lower groups!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I've never understood why anyone in Newy organises trial games in Feb/March during the day. Move the games to evening/night ffs - it's ALWAYS too hot to play this early in the year.

From the sounds of the brief report I read on the game, Mory played some of their (me assuming) first graders in the Reserves game anyway - so at the very least some of them got game time.

Are we going to play the competition games that start in early March at night too?

New Lambton lost 5-0 to Dudley-Redhead and also Wallsend played yesterday, losing 3-2 to Cardiff City.
    Interesting result Dudley 5 blot v New Lambton, was it the 2hd or there lower team.
    Cardiff score was 3-3 maybe in the end???

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Are we going to play the competition games that start in early March at night too?
    m8 if it were up to me, every single football game ever would be on a Friday night.
    OK

Whispers of unrest at West Wallsend... Not sure how true as its second hand info.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !