They did. But he was contracted
    Not no more

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Not no more
    Well go get him now, a heap better option than what you've got

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    They did. But he was contracted
    This in incorrect. He was not approached by the Committee and he didn't apply for the role when it was advertised. Please refrain from commenting on matters that you are not directly involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Park the bus! View Post
    This in incorrect. He was not approached by the Committee and he didn't apply for the role when it was advertised. Please refrain from commenting on matters that you are not directly involved in.
    Red does it all the time

He was approached by myself because a committee person asked me to contact him, it was a discussion of interest, I'm sure Darrel will confirm this, those in the know were only involved, obviously not yourself

NewySports had an interesting post on the Facebook page this afternoon in regards to youth grades in NewFM

What's the news with this?

Honestly do not think there is enough talent to go as young as 13's..

Honestly do not think there is enough talent to go as young as 13's..[/QUOTE]

no

Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop.
    Of course there is. Lake Macquarie U15s is a prime example of this. Sure any 2nd tier competition in the world wont be as good as the top tier nor will it be in the U13s in Northern League 1 but it doesnt have to be. All that has to happen when and if a team gets promoted that have the ability to attract players. Its my belief that you will never have a strong even tier 1 competition if you don't have a 2nd tier competition which goes for 13s thru to 1st grade. Its a ridicolous statement 'Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop' because there doesnt have to be a 2nd tier competition full of players with the ability to play NPL. The promoted team will always add to their squads, having said that I dont think Lake Mac did this year and I think we can all agree they were more than competitive probably lacked a little depth to get themselves into the finals but for a majority NEWFM and community stream squads in all age groups i think they have done extremely well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Of course there is. Lake Macquarie U15s is a prime example of this. Sure any 2nd tier competition in the world wont be as good as the top tier nor will it be in the U13s in Northern League 1 but it doesnt have to be. All that has to happen when and if a team gets promoted that have the ability to attract players. Its my belief that you will never have a strong even tier 1 competition if you don't have a 2nd tier competition which goes for 13s thru to 1st grade. Its a ridicolous statement 'Not enough talent in NewFM fullstop' because there doesnt have to be a 2nd tier competition full of players with the ability to play NPL. The promoted team will always add to their squads, having said that I dont think Lake Mac did this year and I think we can all agree they were more than competitive probably lacked a little depth to get themselves into the finals but for a majority NEWFM and community stream squads in all age groups i think they have done extremely well.
    Bang on

It about improving standards right across the country at ALL levels

Not enough talent in the NewFm ??

There not meant to be HAL standards

What you wanting is these clubs to be much stronger than they are so all clubs above them are stronger and the competition in all our comps is raised

If a club want to be in NewFM and can't be arsed getting the juniors in place to be NPL ready then they might as well go play Zone League

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bang on

What you wanting is these clubs to be much stronger than they are so all clubs above them are stronger and the competition in all our comps is raised

If a club want to be in NewFM and can't be arsed getting the juniors in place to be NPL ready then they might as well go play Zone League
    That is only half the story. Juniors in New FM have different age groups once they progress past the 16's eg 17 and 19 as apposed to 18 and 20 in NBN or whatever the top grade is now called.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Exactly.
    The idea behind making sure the NewFM clubs have adequate depth in their competitions is to increase the skill development and pathways for all junior clubs AROUND that NewFM club.
    With a strong club comes greater skill development, greater coaching depth, and increased capacities for juniors at all age groups to develop those skills and have a shot at making football a career.

Smaller NewFM clubs will attract players from clubs around them (as they did this year with the addition of 15's), and if they theories work correctly, it means that those clubs can now be a base for helping with skill development at the junior clubs not within the NewFM competition.
    It means we're not relying on a couple of clubs run by associations to be that pathway, we're making 12 more clubs be the pathway.

Junior football isn't getting smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bang on

have to agree 100% if the clubs dont want to go down this path, zone league is where they belong.

i know the Stags have junior connections

Quote Originally Posted by The Cookaburra Kid View Post
    have to agree 100% if the clubs dont want to go down this path, zone league is where they belong.

i know the Stags have junior connections
    Hahaha good one, kidding yourself aren't you! They are basically the only NewFM club without Junior connections. Every other club has some form of Junior teams with Kahibah, New Lambton and Cooks Hill leading the way. Even the 2 South Cardiff clubs are looking at working together.

Cooks Hill v New Lambton
    Fearnley Dawes Athletic Centre

1st: C/Hill 5 v New Lambton 3 (2-1)
    U23: C/Hill 3 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
    U19: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
    U17: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Watching View Post
    Even the 2 South Cardiff clubs are looking at working together.
    Where's the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Cooks Hill v New Lambton
    Fearnley Dawes Athletic Centre

1st: C/Hill 5 v New Lambton 3 (2-1)
    U23: C/Hill 3 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
    U19: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
    U17: C/Hill 2 v New Lambton 0 (2-0)
    Congrats to everyone at Cookers for winning the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Where's the 2nd?
    Probably talking about the juniors and seniors, two separate clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Where's the 2nd?
    I had the same thought Hawk