Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Forever Red do you have anymore tips for us. Thats not result from a team who will win the comp 'comfortably'. I know its a trial game blah blah blah but it wasnt even close, the Redbacks way too good.
    Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Experts do not use pre-season form for season ending selections! Perhaps it would be wise to wait until seasons end to see if Forever is on the $$$ or not.

Just would also like to make note that you agreed with Forever Reds bold prediction of winning the competition 'Comfortably'

The question has to be asked to both 'if you do not use pre-season form for end season ending selections' then what have you based your very early very confident prediction on?

Just would also like to make note that you agreed with Forever Reds bold prediction of winning the competition 'Comfortably'

The question has to be asked to both 'if you do not use pre-season form for end season ending selections' then what have you based your very early very confident prediction on?
    Probably based on the players that Law has recruited. In my opinion Cookers won't win the comp in a canter, but I'll be very surprised if they don't do well.

I noticed Westy were not in attendance at the launch/photo shoot yesterday. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but I dont imagine the fed will be too happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    I noticed Westy were not in attendance at the launch/photo shoot yesterday. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but I dont imagine the fed will be too happy.
    Did Evan Gardner retire as Westy Secretary?
    That would explain them being a bit disorganised.

Some intriguing match ups for week 1.
    My tips for what its worth are:

Westy to get over New Lambton
    Belswans to beat Singo
    Tronno draw with Cookers
    Southy to beat Wallsend
    Cessnock to beat Thornton

I'll go with
    Westy
    Belswans
    Cookers
    Southy
    Cessnock

Draw
    Belswans
    Cookers
    Draw
    Thornton

Draw
    Belswans
    Toronto- promising youth added in a decent GK
    Draw
    Thornton

I am not claiming to be the 'expert' who does not use pre season form as an indicator, that is an observation I have made from self labelled experts tipping teams to come in the top of this league who have not performed at all in pre season.

I think that Cookers have strengthened their roster better than anyone else has in the competition. If we picked a team from all clubs currently in NEW FM for this season I would suggest that quite a lot of them would be from Cookers. And from my experience the teams that perform the best in this competition are those with the quality players who will be the difference between winning and losing.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    I am not claiming to be the 'expert' who does not use pre season form as an indicator, that is an observation I have made from self labelled experts tipping teams to come in the top of this league who have not performed at all in pre season.

I think that Cookers have strengthened their roster better than anyone else has in the competition. If we picked a team from all clubs currently in NEW FM for this season I would suggest that quite a lot of them would be from Cookers. And from my experience the teams that perform the best in this competition are those with the quality players who will be the difference between winning and losing.
    Well if we are now using trial form for selection then the you still couldnt come up with a team winning the comp 'comfortably'. It looks very even across the board, I dont think any of the teams have beaten a ZPL team in trials and most have had some sort of success in other trials so for mine anyone of 6 could make the top 4 and Cooks Hill would be one of them. As it was last year on a good day most teams can win. Im sure Cooks Hill will taking plenty of beatings this year like they did V Thornton but will better than last year, based on trial form and recruitment.

As ForeverRed said time will tell.

Well if we are now using trial form for selection then the you still couldnt come up with a team winning the comp 'comfortably'. It looks very even across the board, I dont think any of the teams have beaten a ZPL team in trials and most have had some sort of success in other trials so for mine anyone of 6 could make the top 4 and Cooks Hill would be one of them. As it was last year on a good day most teams can win. Im sure Cooks Hill will taking plenty of beatings this year like they did V Thornton but will better than last year, based on trial form and recruitment.

As ForeverRed said time will tell.
    All very valid points. I will stand by my agreement with FR until such times it id disproven. At that point I will happily put my hand up to say 'I got it wrong'.

ZPL takes another scalp tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

New Lambton to aim up and beat Westy
    Belswans to beat Singo in a close game
    Cookers to easily dispose of Stags
    Southy draw with Wallsend
    Cessnock surpirse draw Thornton, will be a bit of spice this one, few ex players in their new teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    ??
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    ??
    Dudley beat Kahibah 3-2
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, this weekend a couple of New FM teams will win!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, this weekend a couple of New FM teams will win!
    *Monday morning* "5 draws to start the season, who would have seen that coming"

Wallsend vs Southy at The Gardens

1st 2-3
    23s 1-1
    19s 2-2
    17s 2-2

Thornton beat Cessnock 5-1 in firsts