Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    yeh heard that also. was more just interested in 1sts result as they obviously play each other in the semis next week
    good result for Dudley either way. resting players is the old "do I, or don't I" can backfire sometimes.
    still don't know if they did rest players, we know one didn't play, about a week ago the Suns fella on here Lofty?? said something about losing some players, maybe they have????

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    good result for Dudley either way. resting players is the old "do I, or don't I" can backfire sometimes.
    still don't know if they did rest players, we know one didn't play, about a week ago the Suns fella on here Lofty?? said something about losing some players, maybe they have????
    We have a host of players unavailable at the moment. We've got 5 guys and our ressies coach who are in the RAAF and away on deployment for over a month and a few boys across all grades that have been on overseas holiday so that's certainly taken a toll. One arrived back the other day and played off the bench in thirds and firsts. I've been away for 6 weeks myself in Europe so haven't been fully up to date with everything, but we were very short on players and couldn't get enough there for the first game which is why we needed a couple of boys to help out in thirds. Ressies had 7 fresh players starting which was the most in a number of weeks. It's been a tough year with injuries and player availability, but I'm sure we aren't the only club that has had to deal with it. Should be able to deal with just two teams for the finals series!
    It's football, not s***er!!

From what I heard from someone was, The suns First Grade was full strength besides a Centre Back that was away. So maybe, just maybe Dudley can carry the wood into the Semi's.

Why wouldn't they play Palozzi in thirds? Looking at the table, a win was the only way they were guaranteed to be safe.
    Last edited by FlatScreen; 22-08-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Well Mr Burns had done it... The Newcastle Suns had won it...
    There can only be one king

1st Suns vs Dudley at Dudley
    2-1
    Res kotara vs Cardiff
    0-4
    3rds Suns vs Dudley (suns home game)
    3-4

Yeah Suns v Dudley.....
    Wasn't the type of game I was hoping for, both teams were very tentative to begin with and it took a little while for the teams to get into the swing of things.
    Although the punch up between supporters at the end was entertaining...should make for a feisty return leg!!!!!!

By far the most whistle happy ref I've ever seen. Thought he was pretty consistent in his decisions but geeez pretty much any contact was a foul
    Very little flow to the game

3rds - Swansea v Cardiff 1-3
    2nds - Swansea v Dudley 2-2
    1sts - Swansea v Bero 2-2

Interesting.
    Away goals could play a big part in second leg across most of the games.
    1st grade ref at Dudley?????
    His whistle is dead and no consistency at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Res kotara vs Cardiff
    0-4
    Up the tigers!!! either will do

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Up the tigers!!! either will do
    fence sitter

As a neutral I'd have to agree the referee was very whistle happy on Saturday at Dudley. Should the job go to the best performing referee who predominantly officiated what is 3rd division during the year OR should the gig go to the best overall available referee? Could be argued either way. Normally I would argue for the best overall.

Some would say that rules are rules no matter what but the truth is the interpretation is different and the respect given to opposition players on the ball increases with the division. Furthermore, defending players keep their feet a lot more at a higher level but plenty went to ground on Saturday. I think as soon as a plyer went to ground it was assumed the challenge was illegal, but in fact there were some very good challenges amongst them, by both sets of players but probably more-so Dudley.

I don't blame him for the level of whistle, it is what it is and he chose to make that stance. In theory more whistle should have been to Dudleys advantage. Dudley might not agree but I feel he got the decisions correct in each penalty box and I suppose it was good that nobody saw red and everyone is available for the second leg.

However, where Suns undoubtedly got the rub of the green was with the yellow cards, sorry I don't know the exact count (8-2???) but Dudley got carded and in similar circumstances Suns didn't. Simple as that. It allowed Suns players to continue on without the threat of a second yellow over their head when Dudley didn't have that luxury, nor did their coach who was forced to consider substitutions based on this and consequently ended the match with 10 able bodies.

The skill level was down from what both teams can produce and even with a lot of whistle it was bloody entertaining! Bring on Sunday.

fence sitter
    not a sharp one though lol

1st Bero 3-2 Swans AET......Bero GF
    Res Duds 2-2 Swans.... Swans GF
    3rd Card 3-1 Swans.....Cardff GF
    Last edited by hawk; 03-09-2017 at 12:41 AM.

1st
    Suns vs Dudley
    0-1 (2-2) Suns on away goals
    Res
    Cardiff vs kotara
    5-0 (9-0)
    3rds
    Dudley vs Suns
    2-1 (6-4)
    Last edited by Nou Camp; 05-09-2017 at 07:45 PM.

2 sides for CCFC, 2010 was the last time we had 2 teams in the GF, its been a long time coming.......

2 sides for CCFC, 2010 was the last time we had 2 teams in the GF, its been a long time coming.......
    Absolute mismatch in the ressies grade which was to be expected. I'd love to see it go back to minor and major semi finals.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Must be still disappointing that first grade didn't at least make finals

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Must be still disappointing that first grade didn't at least make finals
    Heard they are after a new coach, any news on that Jardel?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Heard they are after a new coach, any news on that Jardel?
    correct we currently looking for a head coach.