Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Cardiff v Stocko
    1st 7-3
    res/3rds 10-6 ??? I think combined sides, good laugh though.
    played at that white elephant of a complex at speers point due to our ground unavailable.
    I have said it before, the set up is a joke, the cost to hire is an either bigger joke.
    Jets hire for the day, 8 hours cost around $800, for us to hire for 4 hours, cost $800, if that is making it accessible to all clubs WTF.
    then if you want refs and an extra grade on top of that cost each club over $700 for the day
    most of the lower teams cant even get on their ground at the moment due to cricket (who the council treat like royalty)

played at that white elephant of a complex at speers point
    Well, at least it is really well setup for supporters............................
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Well, at least it is really well setup for supporters............................
    100% the best setup ever.
    Thought I would have a couple of XXXX whilst I watched the game, sorry sir cant take the beer of the concrete, but the game is on the No2 field, bad luck.
    You would think at least you could sit in the wrongly positioned grand little stands they have, but NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Bero V Terrace ZL1- Ventured out to see this game yesterday in the heat. Only caught the 1st grade game but heard the other grades were a tight tussle.
    Bero may have won 3-2, however if Terrace had a Keeper that could catch and a Striker that could shoot they could've embarressed the Bero boys yesterday. Too much Pace from the Terrace forwards for the big old boys at the back caused alot of grief, Bero pushed the ball around nicely and created a bit but 2 gifted goals from the Terrace keeper and an absolute gem to the top corner gave them the game.
    Best thing that the terrrace keeper did all day was take himself off, bero fans where devastated, whilst Terrace fans where deafening with the applause at the substitution.

100% the best setup ever.
    Thought I would have a couple of XXXX whilst I watched the game, sorry sir cant take the beer of the concrete, but the game is on the No2 field, bad luck.
    You would think at least you could sit in the wrongly positioned grand little stands they have, but NO.
    They are just getting you prepared for the 2022 World Cup where you can't drink alcohol at all. They're doing football supporters a service, really.

Someone remind me, they got Craig Johnston in to design this thing yeah? Maybe he should stick to surfing for England..
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Best thing that the terrrace keeper did all day was take himself off, bero fans where devastated, whilst Terrace fans where deafening with the applause at the substitution.
    Rumour has it, the Terrace 'keeper pulls himself off fairly often...

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Rumour has it, the Terrace 'keeper pulls himself off fairly often...
    Haha will neither confirm nor deny those allegations. Could explain the injury sustained tho lol.
    Last edited by onlooker; 13-03-2017 at 04:23 PM.

My top 4 predictions for this upcoming season.

Mayfield
    Dudley
    Suns
    Bero

losses and gains for each team anyone?

Suns have gained luscious grass out the outfield. Still having to deal with a damn cricket pitch in the middle to ruin everything...
    It's football, not s***er!!

Not too sure how it will pan out this year but I have The Suns on top with Dudley.

Hopefully once again it will be very competitive this season.

It will be interesting to see how Warners Bay, Kotara and Jesmond go this year. Don't think they will challenge for the Top 4, but doubt they will be easy bets by any stretch of the imagination

I think it will be a tight race. Cardiff look pretty slick this year. i think they will be top 4.

From what I saw with our trial v Suns, they're going to be pretty hard to beat.
    So long as TM keeps the crew humming without distractions, I think Suns
    will have a good start which they have fallen short with the last two seasons
    and has been their undoing for a top 2 finish both of those years too.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    From what I saw with our trial v Suns, they're going to be pretty hard to beat.
    So long as TM keeps the crew humming without distractions, I think Suns
    will have a good start which they have fallen short with the last two seasons
    and has been their undoing for a top 2 finish both of those years too.
    I think the last two seasons we have had one win in the first half of the season which is simply not good enough. This years preseason has been a lot better and hopefully that will translate to a better start to our season.
    One thing is for sure, it's going to be a similar comp to last year. There wasn't a single team that were easy beats, you have to turn up ready for every game. Even Suburb(s) last year who didn't win a game, still were super competitive.
    The Suns will be looking to put in a much better showing in ressies and thirds after performing quite poorly the last couple of seasons.
    It's football, not s***er!!

I think you will see a few underrated teams challenging for the title this year. Looks to be a lot more depth within squads. Bring on the season!

Agree there won't be any easy game for any team this year. I think it's what makes the competition better than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Someone remind me, they got Craig Johnston in to design this thing yeah? Maybe he should stick to surfing for England..
    So it's a Canyonero stadium. damn

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    NSFC

GAINS - Johnny Maj(Jaffa's), Kevin Davidson(Jaffa's), Todd Griffin(Jaffa's), Aiden Palozzi(Jaffa's), Wez Pryce(Garden-Suburb) Joseph Grujevski(BMagic), Daniel Palozzi(singleton) and a few others but have no idea where they came from.

Loses - Jason Thomas, Nima Fukijama, Johnny Stojanovski.
    Plus, must've employed someone to do the payroll???

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Plus, must've employed someone to do the payroll???
    would be a pretty easy job because
    all playing for nothing and all paying their rego

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    would be a pretty easy job because
    all playing for nothing and all paying their rego
    When I play football, I play for the shirt & pride.

Funny how different people have different things they play for