Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Waiting for a match review from the majestic swan like
    Well it was a fine day down by the shores of Throsby Creek yesterday. The 'sun' was shining (again), no breeze was blowing and the beers were flowing. What a day for football.
    After coming off the Easter break and an abandoned Cup game in the most bizarre circumstances possible, the Mighty Swans were chomping at the bit for today's games.
    The new look coaching staff, too numerous to mention, could not be controlled and were constantly coming off the bench.

3rd grade Suns walked away with an impressive 4-1 dismantling of the Swansea boys. Football karma. Kotara boys looked on with glee.
    2nd grade somehow saw Swansea walk away with the points, in ladies fashion with a 2-1 victory.
    1st grade capped off the day with a great 2-0 loss, and like 3rd grade reversed their last winning score. Football karma yet again!

New faces, New attitude, New look.....The Mighty Swans are aiming for Top four finishes and with a degree of humility, this might actually be a possibility.

........WE ARE THE GEESE DOWN BY THE SEA........

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    Well it was a fine day down by the shores of Throsby Creek yesterday. The 'sun' was shining (again), no breeze was blowing and the beers were flowing. What a day for football.
    After coming off the Easter break and an abandoned Cup game in the most bizarre circumstances possible, the Mighty Swans were chomping at the bit for today's games.
    The new look coaching staff, too numerous to mention, could not be controlled and were constantly coming off the bench.

3rd grade Suns walked away with an impressive 4-1 dismantling of the Swansea boys. Football karma. Kotara boys looked on with glee.
    2nd grade somehow saw Swansea walk away with the points, in ladies fashion with a 2-1 victory.
    1st grade capped off the day with a great 2-0 loss, and like 3rd grade reversed their last winning score. Football karma yet again!

New faces, New attitude, New look.....The Mighty Swans are aiming for Top four finishes and with a degree of humility, this might actually be a possibility.

Reserve grade won in ladies fashion..
    That doesn't say much about the suns reserve grade..
    The suns reserve grade played like a bunch of whinging school girls who lost their barbie dolls.
    Good to see the pretenders didn't get up in all 3 grades and had their first loss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelato View Post
    Suns vs Swansea

Thirds 4-1
    Ressies 1-2
    Firsts 2-0
    Headed over the bridge on Sunday to check out the action between The Suns and Swansea.

3rd grade - saw swansea hold the majority of possession however suns were clinical in front of goal and deserved the win at the end of the day. Promising signs from both these sides for the season ahead.
    Match highlight - Sun's right back coping a spray off his coach after throwing up on the pitch a numerous times. I suspect a few too many at the green roof followed by a 3am kebapi roll the root cause.

Reserve grade - Saw Swansea have control of the game pretty much from the get go, probably should of won by more. Other then the second half Penatly scare, which the suns couldn't convert, this was Swansea's game.
    Match highlight: The Sun's players who took a dive to receive the unconverted penatly was worthy of winning last nights gold logie. Spend the off season taking acting lesson and I'm sure you'll get your breakthrough role on home and away you have always dreamed about.

Missed the first grade game so can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by FourFour2 View Post
    Headed over the bridge on Sunday to check out the action between The Suns and Swansea.

3rd grade - saw swansea hold the majority of possession however suns were clinical in front of goal and deserved the win at the end of the day. Promising signs from both these sides for the season ahead.
    Match highlight - Sun's right back coping a spray off his coach after throwing up on the pitch a numerous times. I suspect a few too many at the green roof followed by a 3am kebapi roll the root cause.

Reserve grade - Saw Swansea have control of the game pretty much from the get go, probably should of won by more. Other then the second half Penatly scare, which the suns couldn't convert, this was Swansea's game.
    Match highlight: The Sun's players who took a dive to receive the unconverted penatly was worthy of winning last nights gold logie. Spend the off season taking acting lesson and I'm sure you'll get your breakthrough role on home and away you have always dreamed about.

Missed the first grade game so can't comment.
    Have a chat to the Swansea left back who made the foul and apologised to the player fouled who not long after came off due to the injury sustained. I'm guessing you weren't standing on the far side (as no one was) which meant you would have been roughly 80-100 meters away from the incident. So yes, I'm sure your long distance eyesight and judgement on the incident was better than the defender involved #saltyevenafterwinning
    It's football, not s***er!!

Good story that, he Injured himself by being a fairy and taking a dive..
    I guess it's karma he went of injured, they missed the penalty and LOST!!

It was a complete non issue on the pitch as both sets of players knew what happened. It didn't affect the game either way anyway, so I don't know why you choose this stance of being classless whinging winners.
    Secondly, labeling the Suns 'pretenders' after winning 8 out 9 games is laughable. No competition is won after 3 rounds, but get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Bero v Uni

3rds 2-2
    Ressies 6-6
    First 2-1
    Sounds like an epic ressies match!!! How did the scoring go? Late drama?

Sounds like an epic ressies match!!! How did the scoring go? Late drama?
    Uni led 3-1 and then 5-3.Bero caught up and then led 6-5 then Uni scored to even at 6-6.Last 4 goals (3 Bero)scored in 6 minutes.Not a classic defensive game.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Uni led 3-1 and then 5-3.Bero caught up and then led 6-5 then Uni scored to even at 6-6.Last 4 goals (3 Bero)scored in 6 minutes.Not a classic defensive game.
    Don't think either team will ever score 6 goals in a match again and not go away with 3 points.

Catch up game Round 1 - 1st grade only
    Beresfield vs Mayfield 1-1 (pretty sure half time was also 1-1)
    I only know the score, can't comment on the game

Other grades were played couple of weeks ago
    Ressies 1-1
    3rds 1-1
    Last edited by mefa1984; 27-04-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mefa1984 View Post
    Catch up game Round 1 - 1st grade only
    Beresfield vs Mayfield 1-1 (pretty sure half time was also 1-1)
    I only know the score, can't comment on the game

Other grades were played couple of weeks ago
    Ressies 1-1
    3rds 1-1
    Round one in all grades and no one won one with one's all round!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Corker of a review. Still disappointed we didn't get to hear from the majestic swan. Maybe we will just have to wait until they win again...

The Majestics vs Jesmond
    Uni vs Mayf
    The Easybeats vs Bero
    Dudley vs Cardiff
    Kotara vs The Invincibles

Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    The Majestics vs Jesmond
    Uni vs Mayf
    The Easybeats vs Bero
    Dudley vs Cardiff
    Kotara vs The Invincibles

Tips?
    I thought it was the pretenders?

Draw
    Mayfield
    Dudley
    Suns
    Bero

I thought it was the pretenders?
    Thats reserved for Dudley isn't it?

Well Hello Again,
    I do apologize for not submitting a match report last week, but i was unable to attend said match between The Mighty Swans and Newcastle Suns. I do however thank the fozphantom for his/hers stirring rendition of my previous match report.
    I was informed that it was a great day of football and both sides had their opportunities to take the points in all of the grades but at the end of the day the Suns of Newcastle walked away victorious in 2 out of the 3 grades thanks to some impressive form in front of goal.

Anyways without further a due here is my match report from today's matches.....

It was a cool but sunny day down by the lovely shores of Swansea, prime weather for football one would say.
    The day was kicked off as usual by the 3rd grade boys. Fresh of defeat in their previous clash, the Swans were keen to impress and get back to winning ways. The game ended 1 - 1 a fair result for the football that I watched. Swansea had the better of the football, but failed to transfer that into 3 points.
    We then move onto Reserve grade where the Swans were able to keep their 100% win record for this season intact with a 1-0 victory. It was never really threatened apart from the opening 10mins, where Jesmond came out firing but failed to convert pressure into goals. Swansea took the lead when the keeper decided he didn't want to catch the ball, but instead assisted it on its way to the back of the net, with an embarrassing attempt at a parry.
    I spoke to Swansea's reserve grade keeper at the end of the match because he was apparently spotted down the road at the local workers club having a beer during the game, as he was really not needed at all in this match.

We now move onto the main game. The Swans fresh of hard FFA Cup match where they again took Cooks hill to a penalty shootout, unfortunately they were unable to advance in that competition due to a couple of missed penalties. This form would unfortunately carry over to today's match with our captain missing from the spot during the first half.
    This was a game of missed opportunities with Swans unable to convert numerous chances. The Swans were able to go ahead through their inform Reserve grade striker who got the call up to start. Jesmond were able to equalize late in the second half and both sides had their chances to walk away with the win.
    Jesmond were capable of holding their own at times but looked very shaky in defending set pieces and need a little work on playing as team, at times frustrations boiled over and the Jesmond boys fought each other and at times the referee, which resulted in mulitple cards shown to the men in Red & Black.

Highlight of the day was watching the Jesmond coach strut the side line looking like he had just come off stage from playing in an Oasis tribute show. Classic
    All in all a good day for the Mighty Swansea Swans.
    Anyways the Swans make the journey to Bero next week, hoping that a few extra days between games will help refuel the tanks.

Majestic signing off

Swansea v Jesmond just about covered above.
    Firstly, Oasis trubute band. Brilliant! And that's from the person in question.
    3rds an even game albeit a typical 3rd grade scrap. 1 1
    Reggies outplayed to go down 0 1. If you're going to be overly critical of individual players get the facts right. It was a deflected own goal off the head of an outfield player and gk had next to no chance.
    1sts i have Swansea marginally the better side on the day. You did get a dubious pen that thankfully wasnt converted, we had a clearer pen not awarded and we had a 1 on 1 for last kick of the game. As key moments happen in both boxes we could have taken the 3 based on those points above but it would have been a harsh result for you i admit that. We will take 1 1.
    Pretty good day for our club playing an established ZPL mob at a tough venue whilst we find our feet and I doubt we will travel weaker all year.
    Good luck as season continues. Great sheds out there!

Suns vs kotara at Nesbitt
    1sts 6-0
    Res 1-0
    3rds 6-1

Dudley V Cardiff
    3rd 5-0
    res 3-3
    1st 4-0

Dudley on top. Cardiff player sent near h/t. sliding tackle, many players did similar. ref couldnt wait to ruin the game.
    Last edited by hawk; 30-04-2017 at 08:59 PM.