Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 3 - Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners 20/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

HAL 12/13 Rd 3 - Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners 20/10/12 k/off 530pm AEDST

VS

2012/2013 Hyundai A-League
    Season 8 Round 3
    Newcastle United Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners FC
    THE F3 DERBY

When: Saturday 20th October, 2012
    Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
    Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
    Tickets: https://www.proticket.com.au/event.asp?eventid=1946
    Pre-match: from 12pm Heskey Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow
    Watch: LIVE on Foxsports and FoxSports HD
    Listen: ABC Newcastle
    Tweet: #f3derby
    This is the game that should set our regular season attendance record.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    This is the game that should set our regular season attendance record.
    That was 20,980 against Sydney fc.

Not sure if we can beat it but i reacon we should get 16,000+, hopefully the mariners can bring some away support.

Also note first ever f3 derby at home on a Saturday, should be a good night.

I reacon we can win, central coast weren't all that pretty yesterday. Didn't create a heap of chances.

Jets 1-0 (heskey to score)

We'll dominate the midfield and hopefully our defence can handle their long-ball bullshit. 2-0 our way, goodwin double.
    I'll be happy with 15k tbh, surely only a handful of scum supporters will make the effort as usual

Well they have just cancelled their bus due to lack of numbers and there is trackwork this weekend, so that tells you their levels of commitment.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    we will loose

loose

Well they have just cancelled their bus due to lack of numbers and there is trackwork this weekend, so that tells you their levels of commitment.
    piss poor effort tbh

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    from what i've seen of ccm they look as hard to break down as ever; we certainly won't be getting gifts like we did in sydney on the weekend. it's going to take a big effort to beat them, but i think we can do it.

i'd expect a crowd of around 17k.

Heskey will hopefully be able to keep two of their defenders busy allowing RyGriff and Goodwin to run riot. Expect Hutcho to be his usual grub self and foul our younger players all over the park. Hopefully they dont get wound up over it.

I would love to see the boys fire up for this one like in the early years of the HAL when we owned them. In recent seasons these have been fairly tame affairs, just like a normal game.....not a derby match where it should mean something extra to get one over your opponent. Yes we have to play smart and have a plan but this is the game where you play with extra passion and feeling. This is also where we the crowd play a big part in giving the boys that edge in what will most probably be a closely fought out game.....we have to start believing in this team. It's a magical feeling when the team and the crowd are as one.....I just havbe a feeling that we are returning to those days!

Joke of the league...

Agree with stopper, something has been missing the last few derbies, needs more passion, idk...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...inal-win/50380

Video posted by the Club's Facebook page.....Dutchy on what the derby means to him

btw loose
    Last edited by Hamma12; 16-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Heskey to score 4
    1 on the right
    1 on the left
    1 on the head
    1 with his cock

Jets 4-0

Edit* could be 4 with his cock

Breaking down the Gypo's is going to be the tough part of the match.

Bojic has been a grub the last two matches so I expect he is going to give Goodwin a really good hacking. We will need more creativity from the right to compensate.

Agree Heskey will bully Sainsbury and Zwanswijk so that should give Griffiths more room to move. If Zad moves to the fullback position, I don't see any option but for Kanta to play.

My lineup will be:

--------------------BK---------------------

Zad-------Tiago---------Mitchell-----Ritter

-----------Jobe-----------Kanta----------

Griff-----------Ribero-------------Goodwin

----------------Heskey------------------

Bench - Birraz, Bridges, Regan, Brillante (would usually pick Virgili but we need some addition cover in the centre)

Injured - Duncan, Pepper, Neville, Brown,

OK

would even be putting kanta or regan at rb before wasting zadkid from the midfield.
    OK

Pv4, swap Ryu with Bernardo and have Taggart out in the right hand side. Also I think Scott Neville will play, frat derby and all. #winning

Quote Originally Posted by timmy_v View Post
    Pv4, swap Ryu with Bernardo and have Taggart out in the right hand side. Also I think Scott Neville will play, frat derby and all. #winning
    I hope so.

If he does, line up should be unchanged

Quote Originally Posted by timmy_v View Post
    i assume what you just said will happen, but i'd like to see bernardo given a go at a legit version of number 10. to me, even though his pass to goodwin was nice, i don't think ryu is creative enough to play the cutting edge ball - which is what we're going to need to break through the bus of the coast.

i totally forgot about taggart, his speed could be pretty useful especially if we learn to counter-attack when bojic/rose go for a run forward.
    OK

I thought Zadko played well last season when he was moved to the backs for a couple of games (or maybe it was just one?).

IMO Ribero could turn in to a Fiorentini. Looks good when he plays (imo) and other fans seem to like him but never really selected as a starter and always played out of position.
    Lets hope not because if a visa spot is used for this type of squad player then that is a bit of a disc race.

ps is the a-league still a 4 man bench? ridic, should be 5. Couldn't really decide between virgili and taggart.