Thread: Monday night games?

Monday night games?

What was everyone's thoughts on it last night?

I know the crowd was only 6000 but with possible expansion in the future we may see more games on Monday nights in the league. Monday night games were also played in the nrl from 2007 till last year. Even the afl have had some monday night games. And the nbl play them too so its no stranger to australian sports.

One problem with Thursday night games is its late night shopping night and many people indeed have work on so this one advantage to monday night games to thursday night games.

I think if promoted well and possible ticketing discounts it could indeed be a sucess. Not everyone has the luxury of a monday to friday day job. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

I didn't mind it. Its a late night for people with an early start for work the next morning. Anyone who travels more than myself (about 40 min) would probably be dissuaded from going for this reason. Not great for families due to the late time. But as you said there are demographics that it would suit for sure, and I guess a bit of a spread of options to allow different groups of people the chance to attend.

I'm not sure if this is widespread or pretty varied, but our training nights have always been Tuesdays and Thursdays too which would interfere with Thursday night matches.

I think what it comes down to, is whoever broadcasts the league in future will have to work around simultaneous kickoff times once expansion comes into play.

And I'm all for it. It's the way most leagues around the world work. Standard kickoff times with boutique games given their own time slot

7pm start would have been better

I enjoyed it, but that might have been due to our lack of night matches in general. And I agree 7 would have been better. I'm an early starter for work so not ideal to be up late midweek but once or twice per season is no big deal.

hate them over here... no need....

Friday and Saturday night games 2 time slots fix.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I think what it comes down to, is whoever broadcasts the league in future will have to work around simultaneous kickoff times once expansion comes into play.
    i honestly believe there is no way in hell we will ever see simultaneous kickoffs in our lifetime.
    (and I'm only 12 years old).

Reckon you'd be at least 17/18 teams in before the thought ever crossed their minds down at the double-eft-aye.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Pretty sure NRL clubs were compensated when they had to host Monday night matches as NRL knew crowds would be down compared to a Friday, Saturday night or Sunday arvo.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I enjoyed it, but that might have been due to our lack of night matches in general. And I agree 7 would have been better. I'm an early starter for work so not ideal to be up late midweek but once or twice per season is no big deal.
    +1 for 7pm K/O too

Monday nights in general I'm against
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 15-02-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Wanted to go but was coaching. Definitely want night games, maybe just not on Monday

game ending at 10pm I think was a killer for most who have early starts, 9pm might have been slightly more attractive, but on a brighter note the conditions gave both teams a chance to produce good football, especially the Jets who would normally be in bed by that time as we never get that late a kick-off at MJ Stadium - shame Fox won't take our more attractive style of play at that hour into account in the next draw...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Monday night games are all about TV audiences and not crowds. Fox doesn't give a **** about crowds.

If you understand the mentality of "hump day" then you see why Wednesday and Thursday works but Monday and Tuesday doesn't. As RAM says it's about TV.

The Knights had a big spit about Monday night football a few years ago.

I dont mind watching a Monday game on TV. But seriously we need more teams.

So fkd having 1 game a day for 5 days. min 2 games on a fri, sat & sun for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I dont mind watching a Monday game on TV. But seriously we need more teams.

So fkd having 1 game a day for 5 days. min 2 games on a fri, sat & sun for starters.
    That's why I love those Saturdays where there is a Wello game, eastern states game and Perth game in succession - all night kickoffs and then it leads into EPL. Shame they can't do it every week.