Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bernardo Ribeiro

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    clearance off the line was awesome.
    Cant find footage but it looked kind of like this.
    Bravo

looked great tonight until some gumby in a bad suit thought he'd have more impact sitting on a bench.

Best player on the park till he was removed. Was creative and popping up all over the place.

How Brown stayed on was beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Best player on the park till he was removed. Was creative and popping up all over the place.

How Brown stayed on was beyond me.
    Totally agree

Work this one out.....GVE states that he likes to play an up-tempo possession game. The first player he takes off in the game last night is his best player at keeping possession and finding his team-mates with every pass!!!
    WTF is going on here???

Simply not one of GVE's boys. We know GVE plays favourites, did it his first time around the club and doing it again.

F&*k i hate our coach and his side kick muppet Deans. At least Ange has the nads to fess up to putting in a shit coaching effort. Time to man up GVE and do a Crooky.

demon
    I am impressed more and more as he plays, the running off the ball, the constant communication with Heskey as opposing sides try and play out from the back, how deep he is willing to drop to receive the ball. All of those go missed because he hasn't got the ball but he has been producing them on a far higher level than Brown it appears to me.

The vision he showed with one or two long range changes of attack direction were nice but he still had a quiet game in terms of actual attack. He needs to be getting more shots on goal in that role to become a regular, his advantage is he is still so young and can continue to adapt and improve here IF there is the foresight to make sure he is retained.

It is hard to judge the midfielders without knowing what their game instructions were. Ruben seemed to be quite....... was that due to an attempt to stem the teams yellow cards? Was it as a direct change from GVE in what he wanted from him in the game? Was he just having a less dominant night?

Similkar of Bernado.... what were the expectations of him from the coaching side? How do you judge him without knowing that? It is a difficult role without that knowledge but from the simple fans perspective he is entertaining, he is attack minded and works hard. Which is what we want from him.

will no doubt get the arse next year for a kid from the AIS

vale ribz

gve put ribs into a forward pressing role. Poor bugger cant run but floggs his ass out then cant do anything with the ball. thanx coaching retards.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    gve put ribs into a forward pressing role. Poor bugger cant run but floggs his ass out then cant do anything with the ball. thanx coaching retards.
    The lack of pressing between our Marquee and Bernardo was noted by me. Gypos had all day with these two doing **** all at closing them down. Defending starts from the front. No matter what anyone thinks of the Egg in these dark days and the dark mood over Newy at present with us leaking a shit load of goals something will have to change. Having Heskey and Ribs in the team no matter how many may like it won't last when neither do **** all pressing. One of them will be going and my money won't be on our over priced Marquee

MFKS How can they press when all we do is hold th eball in the backs (make mistakes and then concede goals). GVE's plan for a high pressing game plan is out the widow when all of our pocession is being done in the backs allowing the opposition plenty of time to settle, rest and and make their moves.

By the time the ball has got to the forwards the moment is lost as opposition are there layin in wait for the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    MFKS How can they press when all we do is hold th eball in the backs (make mistakes and then concede goals). GVE's plan for a high pressing game plan is out the widow when all of our pocession is being done in the backs allowing the opposition plenty of time to settle, rest and and make their moves.

By the time the ball has got to the forwards the moment is lost as opposition are there layin in wait for the attack.
    I think he means pressing in defence Grunta

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think he means pressing in defence Grunta
    "Doh"

He has been dropped for the perth game.... Serioysly wtf

Are you for real ?. Is this just a gee up or what.

No it's confirmed.

I'm astounded at that decision.

Brown, Pepper, Regan and Bridges also dropped.

Hoole, Tiago, Oxborrow, Mitchell, Taggart and Griffiths all come in.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 13-12-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Ok then over to the GVE out thread FFS.

silver lining: brown having a week off.

Well it was great watching Bernardo in his brief stint at the jets. Dont think we will see him for the remainder of his contract or till Gary gets fired.
    Only reason I can work out this choice is that GVE is trying to get out of his contract early so he can take up the Sydney job when Farina doesnt get them to the finals at the end of the year. Cant see any other reason why you would leave out one of the best on ground from the previous game.