Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernardo Ribeiro

Bernardo Ribeiro

This guy holds Brazilian AND Italian passports but was only playing for six months at Catania because of permit issues??
    If he has a passport, how are there permit issues?

Why choose Albania next?

Hmmmm......

On the other hand he does appear to like running around a lot, that will fit in nicely with GVE's "tactics" ...

With him and Zadko in the middle we should look at getting "Energizer Batteries" as our sponsor.

G

N1 foti68 for that insider a little while back.
    That source is reliable

Who's next mate? lol

did he have his Italian passport before/during his Italian stint, or do you think the permit issue might have been when he was trying to actually get it?
    OK

Not sure how to link the video from this page.. But Jets just posted this on Facey:
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...ewcastle/48454

i reckon he'll be good. looks pretty good on youtube, should fit the system nicely

Dravondi looked good on YouTube.
    Jardel WAS great in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Not sure how to link the video from this page.. But Jets just posted this on Facey:
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...ewcastle/48454
    "I come here to.....to win". Love the interview!!!
    He actually speaks pretty good English. Without getting too carried away I just have a good gut feeling about Bernardo.

We'll know soon enough if he's worth his socks. Hopefully he will be what we need and GVE will be the next Ange.

OK

just saw ribeiro walk into the forum, walking alongside gallaway. firstly, gallaway looks like he's wasting a roster spot for us. secondly, ribeiro is tiny.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    just saw ribeiro walk into the forum, walking alongside gallaway. firstly, gallaway looks like he's wasting a roster spot for us. secondly, ribeiro is tiny.
    Younger version of Vigs ?

looks seedy...bernie out !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

He's no Denni.

Actually looked pretty good, only saw him in parts but what I can tell straight away is:

1) He's very quick, has really good acceleration and knows when to use it
    2) He has a good range of passes, casually pulled off an outside-of-the-boot chip without batting an eyelid

I wouldn't say he was absolutely amazing, he didn't really end up doing much, but at least we know we don't have another Drovandi, may Griff bless his soul.

This guy definitely needs to be playing more though, if GVE plans on using him as a starting player then he needs to be starting him in these pre-season friendlies. It did take him a while to fit in when he first came on, and even then there were some awkward moments.

Banned
    Bit harsh I thought even against 8 man in a 25 min cameo he has already officially claimed the title of greatest ever Jets import. Whoever signed him can now sign 6 Jardels and 3 Drovandis now before there is any fair calls for their head.

Was most impressed with his touch dribbling and vision. His shooting though!!! Jesic like. Looks like we have found our new version of Nicky Carle in some regards though I see a lot of Gianfranco Zola in young Bruno. Fitness will come in time remember he has only been here 2 weeks or so.

Very encouraging though

The Member is right in his descriptions, although I don't know what he meant by the Jesic comparison, his shooting was nowhere near as good as that.

I mostly didn't want to hype him for people who weren't there, but he does look promising.

Banned
    Don't let Jesic's 6 yard trickler fool you. His shooting was shite could have easily and should have had a hat trick. What was that effort when the Jets put him away straight after the restart after Dura got sent?? It was Frannie Jeffers like

FFS Zadko would have scored a hat trick with the chance Jesic squandered tonight and that is taking into account Zadko's propensity for scatter gun approach to shooting accurately

Rubez wouldn't have been on the field to get a hat trick - he'd have been sent after the brawl for sure !

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    heard his schlong touched the corner flag at one point