Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 26 | Jets v Gypos - F3 Derby #41 | Sun 9th Apr 2017 5:30pm

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It not his job to get the players to turn up for the derby
    Even if this is an attempted windup, I still have to bite at this comment alone because I am pretty sure Jones & Lowey agree with it. It's basically his ONLY job.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Brisbane could if Maclaren keep scoring. If City start Sorenson over Bouzanis they might as well
    No they won't

Defence wins titles

Neither of them have it

You just can't turn it on turn it off

It has to be there all season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Even if this is an attempted windup, I still have to bite at this comment alone because I am pretty sure Jones & Lowey agree with it. It's basically his ONLY job.
    No it isn't an attempt at winding anyone up.

If those players of ours have to be instructed to aim up when we play the Gypos then they can **** right off.

It is a ****ing given it is required

Gypo recruits can buy in to the concept that it is important to have a big game when they play us

Why do none of our blokes really give a ****???

No they won't

Defence wins titles

Neither of them have it

You just can't turn it on turn it off

It has to be there all season
    The title has been won. Cups aren't won on defence, they are won by showing up on the day. Brisbane are in good form, i'd put them as much of a chance as WSW or Victree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The title has been won. Cups aren't won on defence, they are won by showing up on the day.
    cups are tense, ugly tight affairs. defence at all cost. nab one then take the cup

Defenses win you titles In a league format but come finals football its all about which players turn up and which coach can outsmart the other

Anyone who doesn't think the coach acts as a motivator has either never put on a pair of football boots, or they were unlucky enough to be stuck with disinterested parents as coaches their whole footballing life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think the coach acts as a motivator has either never put on a pair of football boots, or they were unlucky enough to be stuck with disinterested parents as coaches their whole footballing life.
    When I played football I wanted to win because I wanted to win

Didn't matter whether I liked the coach or not.

My motivation always came from within me

Just as it does in anything I do.
    It comes from within

Anyone who needs someone else to motivate them to play football should quit

I think the HUGE problem we have here in Newcastle was perfectly highlighted in Saturdays Herald: O'Donovan being referred as an Irish star....The bloke never played for Ireland (And hardly played if ever in EPL). Kokko (Finish league [Member could score in that league even now], Brown, Poljak, Chinese Messi never played for their country. Hoole, Nabbout, Boogaard, Hoffman never played for Socceroos (Media refers to them as stars too!!!).......Mullen 1 cap for Australia (Donkeys years go) and Nordstrand 8 cap for is country is the exception (unfortunately at 33 his legs are stuggling).....My point: we keep referring to average players as Stars.......I'm not a great fan of Jones but he did what he could with what he had.......Let's face it we have a shit squad #JonesOut #85%SquadOut #GetRealStars
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    This is it in a nutshell. As per the "Peter Principle", Jones had risen to his "level of incompetence". He is not a leader, he is a manager with as almost zero people skills.

Put a motivational manager in charge of this same squad and things would be much different. Great managers have won things with shit teams before by motivating them to perform above expectations. Hiddink is a great example.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Incorrect

As the current coach he is best qualified to identify and start rectify the issues at the club

It does not matter if Jones takes us to the ACL or the title.

What is needed from him is to actually be the Coach who turns the tide.

The other thing to be pointed out PRIDE is a wonderful thing.

This bloke has been hammered mercilessly the last few weeks.

The most motivated man in Newy right now be him.

That is why we keep him
    Nothing he had done so far has shown that he is the man for the job. It's been quite the opposite really, he's overseen a steady yet steep decline from the progress we made last year - and with better players at his disposal.

If you don't think experienced, title winning coaches like Merrick or Mulvey are better equipped to get rid of the bad culture (that Jones and possibly McKinna have seemingly brought with them) than he is you're kidding yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Nothing he had done so far has shown that he is the man for the job. It's been quite the opposite really, he's overseen a steady yet steep decline from the progress we made last year - and with better players at his disposal.

If you don't think experienced, title winning coaches like Merrick or Mulvey are better equipped to get rid of the bad culture (that Jones and possibly McKinna have seemingly brought with them) than he is you're kidding yourself.
    There was no progress last year. The team played boring as batshit football and copped several floggings even though they were playing very defensively and rarely if ever looking like scoring a goal.
    The bad culture was here long before Jones or McKinna arrived.
    We have a shed full of players for a start that don't deserve to be playing at this level, and rather than take responsibility they will target the coach and others for their failings..

Fold the club and start again is the only solution.

NBN spent more time on the Jets than the Knights last night - maybe they should show their spooning prowess more often:

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2017/04/10...fan-criticism/
    http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2017/04/10...-for-the-jets/
    http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2017/04/10...-in-newcastle/
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    There was no progress last year. The team played boring as batshit football and copped several floggings even though they were playing very defensively and rarely if ever looking like scoring a goal.
    The bad culture was here long before Jones or McKinna arrived.
    We have a shed full of players for a start that don't deserve to be playing at this level, and rather than take responsibility they will target the coach and others for their failings..

Fold the club and start again is the only solution.
    We won 8 games compared to two or three the year before.

Yes we were boring but unlike Jones, Miller actually had the excuse of inheriting a squad that was left over from the Tinkler era, which was a shambles.

He made us hard to beat for the most part and the performances improved at the back end of the season.

Jones has brought back the lazy Newcastle culture with him, as only a true Novacastrian could.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    We won 8 games compared to two or three the year before.

Yes we were boring but unlike Jones, Miller actually had the excuse of inheriting a squad that was left over from the Tinkler era, which was a shambles.

He made us hard to beat for the most part and the performances improved at the back end of the season.

Jones has brought back the lazy Newcastle culture with him, as only a true Novacastrian could.
    See the funny thing is that Miller should have been sacked not for his little blow up with Tranny and the Chinese Lightsalesman

What he should really have been sacked for is his recruitment this season

Any progress we could have made was squandered by his worldwide contacts coming up with shit like a journeyman non league standard Pom playing in Scandanavia, a bloke who has never played for Finland and a few Aussie HAL rejects in Clut Hoole Nabbout

He basically sewed the seeds of our spoon right there with his shitful efforts in the transfer market

See the funny thing is that Miller should have been sacked not for his little blow up with Tranny and the Chinese Lightsalesman

What he should really have been sacked for is his recruitment this season

Any progress we could have made was squandered by his worldwide contacts coming up with shit like a journeyman non league standard Pom playing in Scandanavia, a bloke who has never played for Finland and a few Aussie HAL rejects in Clut Hoole Nabbout

He basically sewed the seeds of our spoon right there with his shitful efforts in the transfer market
    But we dont know how we woulda done with Miller as coach. So you can't really make that statement
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    But we dont know how we woulda done with Miller as coach. So you can't really make that statement
    Exactly, Miller brought Kokko, Brown etc in and might have used them way differently, ways he scouted beforehand?

He might have not gone with the Jones tactic of stick some big guy up front and lump it to him and hope he scores, and might of actually tried to use Kokko to his strengths of holding the ball up, and having someone play off him. Might have used Brown as a B2B instead of trying to be the main creative outlet, which hes isnt capable of.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    Exactly, Miller brought Kokko, Brown etc in and might have used them way differently, ways he scouted beforehand?

He might have not gone with the Jones tactic of stick some big guy up front and lump it to him and hope he scores, and might of actually tried to use Kokko to his strengths of holding the ball up, and having someone play off him. Might have used Brown as a B2B instead of trying to be the main creative outlet, which hes isnt capable of.
    Yep these blokes are just late bloomers and if Miller was coaching them they be nominated alongside Neymar Suarez Messi Iniesta CR7 for the Balloon D'Or

Call a spade a spade

They all shit signings who wouldn't have done anything worthy enough of taken us to any higher than 7th place in Millers version of Park The Bus

Yep these blokes are just late bloomers and if Miller was coaching them they be nominated alongside Neymar Suarez Messi Iniesta CR7 for the Balloon D'Or

Call a spade a spade

They all shit signings who wouldn't have done anything worthy enough of taken us to any higher than 7th place in Millers version of Park The Bus
    Not saying theyre world beaters. Just saying Miller chose them for reasons and I assume did a large amount of scouting prior to signing them and again assumingly would have developed a system around these players, where as Jones has come in and done his own shit trying to fit these players in to his methods

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    Not saying theyre world beaters. Just saying Miller chose them for reasons and I assume did a large amount of scouting prior to signing them and again assumingly would have developed a system around these players, where as Jones has come in and done his own shit trying to fit these players in to his methods
    Don't you know omelette, players are either Messi & CR7, or they're rubbish. There's no in between.

I always said Miller took the money ball approach and I have no doubt he would have had this team higher than last.