Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Next - aka New Manager Speculation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Wonder if Gui Amor is interested. He is off contract at Adelaide and there were strong rumours earlier in the season that he was already gone. Terrible start to the season from Adelaide but one of the most consistent teams at the back end of the comp.
    Consistency isn't our issue. We were consistently shit. We need to be good and then be consistently good.

Took this from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    There are plenty of top quality managers currently off contract that the Jets could approach - who would most likely never apply for the position.

Roberto Mancini,Laurent Blanc, Andrea Mandorlini, RĂ©mi Garde,Cesare Prandelli, Paolo Di Canio, Frank de Boer...

You can apply for a position and not get it or you can be asked if you want a job without applying for it and politely decline the offer.
    By not approaching some of the talent in Europe that is off contract the club is never going to know if these guys are interested or not.
    These guys would not take the risk to their reputations of applying for a position at a lesser league only to be turned down.
    If however, they were offered the job without having to apply it would be a lot more encouraging to them and the choice would be theirs meaning no risk to their reputations.
    They could essentially talk it up as them taking on a challenge to develop the game in Australia and about adding an ACL trophy to their list of achievements.

But if the club simply leave it up to these top quality guys to apply it's simply never going to happen.

No doubt they would probably all turn the offer down if we made it as well - but at least we tried.

At the very least though the club should get one of this lot in as a consultant to tell us what we need player wise and so on.

Dunster, why are you wasting time looking into coaches on wages that gulf our entire playing squad? Mancini is on around 4 Million Euros a year, approx $6 Million a season AUD. Blanc would be on the same if not more when he was at PSG. None of those coaches have tarnished their careers enough to drop down to our level and none of them are young enough to need the step up. If they have coached in the EPL, the Champions League, Europa League or World Cup in the last 10 years than they won't be coming here. Sorry to ruin your Football Manager dreams but asking Scarlett Johansson to dinner does increase your chances of having sex with her but it still isn't going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

What about Mirko Jelicic?

Has won the Uzbekistan league and wants to coach the Aus national team at some point.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Can we get Aurelio Vidmar back from Bangkok? He can bring their Costa Rican Striker with him, Ariel Rodriguez, who's bagged a few goals in both the Thai league and the Costa Rican league. Don't care about the Striker but Vidmar has enough ticks on his resume to be in the mix.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...2433a5cc41122f

Robbie Fowler in the mix.

Griff - “We can’t afford to get this wrong,” Griffiths told SBS.

“People’s jobs are on the line. Mine is and the same with Lawrie.

“With Harry, he’d bring plenty of headlines and he has a great playing pedigree. I don’t know so much about his coaching pedigree.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    What about Mirko Jelicic?

Has won the Uzbekistan league and wants to coach the Aus national team at some point.
    He is an assistant coach in Uzebekistan yeah?

Robbie Fowler is as bad a choice as Kewell. I would honestly struggle to show up to games with either these 2 Muppets in charge. I would rather have McKinna take over as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    He is an assistant coach in Uzebekistan yeah?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lokomotiv_Tashkent_FK

I think he is head coach now.

Lokomotiv made it to the Quarter Finals of the ACL as well.

Took this from another thread.

Dunster, why are you wasting time looking into coaches on wages that gulf our entire playing squad? Mancini is on around 4 Million Euros a year, approx $6 Million a season AUD. Blanc would be on the same if not more when he was at PSG. None of those coaches have tarnished their careers enough to drop down to our level and none of them are young enough to need the step up. If they have coached in the EPL, the Champions League, Europa League or World Cup in the last 10 years than they won't be coming here. Sorry to ruin your Football Manager dreams but asking Scarlett Johansson to dinner does increase your chances of having sex with her but it still isn't going to happen.
    I agree with you 100%. But the clubs not even looking at managers in the group immediately below them. We should at least be seeking some kind of audit / assessment of the players we have by someone with that type of pedigree.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-04-2017 at 02:11 PM.

I agree with you 100%. But the clubs not even looking at managers in the group immediately below them. We should at least be seeking some kind of audit / assessment of the players we have by someone with that type of pedigree.
    Says in the Herald that the Jets are approaching the FFA to see if they can approach Gombau and Ante Milicic so it seems they are not just relying on whoever applies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Says in the Herald that the Jets are approaching the FFA to see if they can approach Gombau and Ante Milicic so it seems they are not just relying on whoever applies.
    This is good news.

Robbie Fowler is as bad a choice as Kewell. I would honestly struggle to show up to games with either these 2 Muppets in charge. I would rather have McKinna take over as coach.
    They are most unlikely but IF they did a good job you should support them. I don't care who we get as long as they are effective.

but asking Scarlett Johansson to dinner does increase your chances of having sex with her but it still isn't going to happen.
    So what you are saying is, that I have a chance with her?????

Lokomotiv made it to the Quarter Finals of the ACL as well.
    i would be happy with this. has progressed through the ranks and succeeded.

and has worked under some of the best international managers in Sven Goran Eriksen and Bora Milutinovic

Banned
    Can we get Aurelio Vidmar back from Bangkok? He can bring their Costa Rican Striker with him, Ariel Rodriguez, who's bagged a few goals in both the Thai league and the Costa Rican league. Don't care about the Striker but Vidmar has enough ticks on his resume to be in the mix.
    Called Adelaide a piss ant town

Wonder what he would say of Newy

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Called Adelaide a piss ant town

Wonder what he would say of Newy
    I figured you'd be impressed by his Mongrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    So what you are saying is, that I have a chance with her?????
    She had a guy jailed for ten years because he posted nude pics of her on the internet. They should have given the bloke a Knighthood not a jail sentence.

I figured you'd be impressed by his Mongrel.

Banned
    She had a guy jailed for ten years because he posted nude pics of her on the internet. They should have given the bloke a Knighthood not a jail sentence.
    I wonder how many have googled Scarlett Johansson Nude pics today thanks to you bringing this to attention