Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Next - aka New Manager Speculation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Get off the Members back, the bloke loves the club more than all of you together and he raises good questions.....He wanted Jones next year not because he is great but because of uncertainty about Chinese Lord financial commitment....let's see how much he commits.....
    that would be just stupid. Couldnt give a toss if Lee goes broke.

Although i lost respect for Lee when he turfed Miller over a schoolboy spat at least he's consistent
    Last edited by hawk; 17-04-2017 at 10:25 PM.

well, given mckinna has already said no rookies, thankfully we can rule out rudan! no doubt the usual pundits are lining up to champion his cause.

Alan pardew's available

Wait? Are there people on here who think Pardew would be good?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Alan pardew's available
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Cant wait to see the fume from our Geordie contingent if Pards is appointed
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Let's get Craig Foster, knows everything there is to know.
    Win-win.
    Foster puts his money where his mouth is and fails miserably.
    Or we have a successful team.

Give Laurie a chance as he did well at CCM on a small budget.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

We Won't Get Fooled Again!!!!!!!!
    I just assumed Dunster was getting all symbolic..
    The monolith is obviously us, the fans.. The four gents pissing all over it and not caring are the CEO, coach (ex), players and Lee..

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Magic14 View Post
    Give Laurie a chance as he did well at CCM on a small budget.
    In a league that didn't have second marquee, Cahill guest rule, outside allowance for long term players...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    In a league that didn't have second marquee, Cahill guest rule, outside allowance for long term players...
    in a time when only 1 marquee was allowed, Lawrie used 3 marquees and couldn't even win the league!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    in a time when only 1 marquee was allowed, Lawrie used 3 marquees and couldn't even win the league!
    What?

going by "Soccer Stoppage Time" lawrie said that he copped the firm word from the chinese owners. in regards to Jones appointment and it was Lee's men who made the decision to sack him, Lawrie would have kept him if he had a say.

i get the sense Lee and and his Ledman consortium dont accept failure and alot of pressure will be on Mckinna to come up with the appropriate shortlist of candidates this time around. i believe we will start to see some further control coming from China as there is perhaps a disappointment in Lawrie's so called local knowledge not bringing much success of late.

i think we are now in the best position (live in hope :-)) that under the Ledman consortium we as a club finally have the business smarts and financial power to achieve the most we ever have as a club. i will stay positive

What?
    07/08. Marquee rules allowed for 1 marquee. CCM used that marquee spot on Tony Vidmar. CCM also used 2x Injury Replacement spots on Alvin Ceccoli & John Aloisi, and paid them substantially more than the players whom they replaced, and the FFA deemed these IR contracts a "creative loophole" that afterwards the rules were changed so IR players had to be on the same or less money (and I think they even brought in a rule about similar positions? Because from memory alone, Aloisi replace Matt Osman, a utility defender/midfielder). So, in a time when you could pay 1 player irrelevant of the cap, CCM paid 3 players in that way.

So yeah, when Lawrie did "so well on a shoestring budget" I argue that he had more financial freedom than any other manager.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    in regards to Jones appointment and it was Lee's men who made the decision to sack him, Lawrie would have kept him if he had a say.
    What a weak ass thing for that Gypo to say.
    Great to see he can deflect blame as good as his mate Jones.

This is our CEO boys, enjoy it.

Just reading McKinna's comments from September:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...ose-new-coach/

McKinna wants someone in place by the end of next week and is planning a behind-closed-doors trial against A-League opposition in late September to give the new coach an extra game with the squad before the season kicks off.

He conceded he did not have a lot of time to make an important decision but said he would accept responsibility whatever the outcome.

“I’ll make the decision. Obviously I’ll put it to Martin,” McKinna said. “If I get it wrong, it’s on me, nobody else, but Martin’s entrusted me to make that decision.”
    So the outcome is Jones was deemed not worthy to fulfill his 2 year contract, and that it was worth investing the money to pay him out. How exactly is McKinna accepting the responsibility of that outcome by saying that Lee made the decision to sack Jones and he would have kept him??

Also, whatever level of management of the club has deemed Jones to be the wrong choice, by sacking him. According to McKinna's words, then, that is solely on McKinna.

But McKinna isn't standing up and admitting he got it wrong??

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. If Jones was wrong, then McKinna is wrong. Wonder what Lee's move will be here..

OK

I only briefly read through all this conjecture but did someone really put forward Roberto Mancini as coach? That man earns more money per game than we could afford for a season. We really are a delusional bunch.

I can see this either going to Mulvey or a complete left-field unknown, like an assistant youth coach from Athletic Madrid or an MLS assistant coach or even a CSL coach being pushed out to be replaced by a big money coach like Pardew. Here's hoping it's the unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Just reading McKinna's comments from September:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...ose-new-coach/

So the outcome is Jones was deemed not worthy to fulfill his 2 year contract, and that it was worth investing the money to pay him out. How exactly is McKinna accepting the responsibility of that outcome by saying that Lee made the decision to sack Jones and he would have kept him??

Also, whatever level of management of the club has deemed Jones to be the wrong choice, by sacking him. According to McKinna's words, then, that is solely on McKinna.

But McKinna isn't standing up and admitting he got it wrong??

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. If Jones was wrong, then McKinna is wrong. Wonder what Lee's move will be here..

given the short timeframe to find someone, it just seems like sheer lunacy to have offered that person a two year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    an MLS assistant coach
    Like that guy who is an assistant coach at Seattle Sounders whose name escapes me...

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    He might not be any good but sideline antics against other managers would be entertaining. Pardew vs Muscat would fill a stadium.

Like that guy who is an assistant coach at Seattle Sounders whose name escapes me...
    Website says Djimi Traore and Gonzalo Pineda
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.