Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Next - aka New Manager Speculation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    He might not be any good but sideline antics against other managers would be entertaining. Pardew vs Muscat would fill a stadium.
    Pardew to headbut Berisha. Id pay to watch that

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    given the short timeframe to find someone, it just seems like sheer lunacy to have offered that person a two year deal.
    TBF if I were Mark Jones I would have tried to get a 2 year deal also. Like Lowey said, house deposit. I guess the "only" downfall is as Robert Dillon said - career suicide.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    What?
    He is a Gypo.

For the inside Goss on the Coast WLG is the man on the ground

Don't doubt his sauces

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Pardew to headbut Berisha. Id pay to watch that
    Since when is 'Salsa dancing Pardew' ever head-butted someone? Pardew is a soft-touch and it showed when he lost every change room he walked into and no big teams gave him a chance. He is a mid table coach who has lost his touch. He'd be better off using his name to get some money in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Website says Djimi Traore and Gonzalo Pineda
    Seattle Sounders 2 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Since when is 'Salsa dancing Pardew' ever head-butted someone? Pardew is a soft-touch and it showed when he lost every change room he walked into and no big teams gave him a chance. He is a mid table coach who has lost his touch. He'd be better off using his name to get some money in China.
    He headbutted a Hull player

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26402044
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Just reading McKinna's comments from September:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...ose-new-coach/

So the outcome is Jones was deemed not worthy to fulfill his 2 year contract, and that it was worth investing the money to pay him out. How exactly is McKinna accepting the responsibility of that outcome by saying that Lee made the decision to sack Jones and he would have kept him??

Also, whatever level of management of the club has deemed Jones to be the wrong choice, by sacking him. According to McKinna's words, then, that is solely on McKinna.

But McKinna isn't standing up and admitting he got it wrong??

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. If Jones was wrong, then McKinna is wrong. Wonder what Lee's move will be here..

I am actually amazed at Lawrie has the level of support that he has. The guy is a rookie CEO who as far as I can see has made mistake after mistake and then blamed anyone else he can for it.

Seriously, what single positive thing has he a achieved for this club? The only thing I can see is he is a nice bloke who likes to talk to fans on Twitter.

He headbutted a Hull player

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26402044
    Well there you go. I do remember that now.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Seriously, what single positive thing has he a achieved for this club? The only thing I can see is he is a nice bloke who likes to talk to fans on Twitter.
    One of the best things to come from this season was the Jerks/CCM membership ticket thing where I could get into Bluetongue using my Jerks membership card. I assume Lawrie had something to do with that. At least, I personally have given him some form of credit for it. If someone knows whom was the driving force behind this initiative, please let me know so I can praise appropriately.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    One of the best things to come from this season was the Jerks/CCM membership ticket thing where I could get into Bluetongue using my Jerks membership card. I assume Lawrie had something to do with that. At least, I personally have given him some form of credit for it. If someone knows whom was the driving force behind this initiative, please let me know so I can praise appropriately.
    This was something raised by the Member's Advisory Board to explore with all NSW clubs. Don't know if this was the catalyst, but it was certainly something raised.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Interesting the article in the Herald today about the druggos having faith in their coach and seeking stability and showing patience with their plans to resurrect their fortunes

Considering the bloke has had 2 wins ever in 30 something games and oversaw a 20 game losing streak it is amazing they can show patience and not seek and instant fix unlike the idiots at Jets HQ

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Interesting the article in the Herald today about the druggos having faith in their coach and seeking stability and showing patience with their plans to resurrect their fortunes

Considering the bloke has had 2 wins ever in 30 something games and oversaw a 20 game losing streak it is amazing they can show patience and not seek and instant fix unlike the idiots at Jets HQ
    Yeah, sure seems to be working for them.....

I'm waiting on hawk to jump up and down at you for even mentioning the hand-egg team..

If Ranieri was on $2.5 Million a season at Leicester (According to today's Herald), well it's pretty cheap and good value. But probably would not be interested anyway.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    If Ranieri was on $2.5 Million a season at Leicester (According to today's Herald), well it's pretty cheap and good value. But probably would not be interested anyway.....
    Don't forget we only play half a year, less than half the games and he can enjoy the Newcastle lifestyle. Would get him in for $1m easy.

Don't forget we only play half a year, less than half the games and he can enjoy the Newcastle lifestyle. Would get him in for $1m easy.
    and we also only work for half a day when we do train, so it's down to $500K!

At the very least you could have waited until they win a few games before saying 'I told so'... then again, one can only hold their breath for so long.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    At the very least you could have waited until they win a few games before saying 'I told so'... then again, one can only hold their breath for so long.
    It not about them winning games now

They have basically accepted they are not going to win many games in 2016-2017 etc

They are actually taking the steady ahead approach that give it another 2-3 years will see them closer to the top than the bottom

They may not win the comp from it but I backing that by 2019-2020 time frame they will have a side at the top end of the table rather than the bottom end

Us on the other hand will probably have fired another 4 managers and collected another 2 spoons

It not about them winning games now

They have basically accepted they are not going to win many games in 2016-2017 etc

They are actually taking the steady ahead approach that give it another 2-3 years will see them closer to the top than the bottom

They may not win the comp from it but I backing that by 2019-2020 time frame they will have a side at the top end of the table rather than the bottom end

Us on the other hand will probably have fired another 4 managers and collected another 2 spoons
    Dont let the fact that they are owned by the NRL get in the way of your story. Just like the FFA with us they are not going to be rushing to fire a coach and having to pay them out. May be a different story if they get an owner who wants to succeed rather than a governing body owning them and happy for them just to be in the comp/have an extra game for tv. The knights have a free pass to suck for as long as the NRL own them. We by the looks of it have an owner who wants to succeed and a lot quicker than it originally looked. Stability is definitely important but stability for the sake of stability with the wrong people in charge is as stupid as constantly changing coaches.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Dont let the fact that they are owned by the NRL get in the way of your story. Just like the FFA with us they are not going to be rushing to fire a coach and having to pay them out. May be a different story if they get an owner who wants to succeed rather than a governing body owning them and happy for them just to be in the comp/have an extra game for tv. The knights have a free pass to suck for as long as the NRL own them. We by the looks of it have an owner who wants to succeed and a lot quicker than it originally looked. Stability is definitely important but stability for the sake of stability with the wrong people in charge is as stupid as constantly changing coaches.
    Whether the Knights are owned by the NRL has little to do with it.

They have a plan and are sticking to it. They are blooding locals and trying to rebuild the club that way.
    That is the method they have chosen

On the other hand we have the Jets who let's face it have no plan at all

Giving Jones 2 years and sacking him after 12 is not planned it is reactive

Signing players for next season Georgevski Petratos I Caravan etc is a sign that Jones was not getting the arse until recent form created the need

This club has no ****ing plan in place and can't see further than their ****ing nose

Whether the Knights are owned by the NRL has little to do with it.

They have a plan and are sticking to it. They are blooding locals and trying to rebuild the club that way.
    That is the method they have chosen

On the other hand we have the Jets who let's face it have no plan at all

Giving Jones 2 years and sacking him after 12 is not planned it is reactive

Signing players for next season Georgevski Petratos I Caravan etc is a sign that Jones was not getting the arse until recent form created the need

This club has no ****ing plan in place and can't see further than their ****ing nose
    Sorry member, your lack of Egg ball knowledge is probably clouding your judgement on this one.

The Nites are throwing money at anyone who will look at them. They don't have a plan in recruitment other than get guys on their last pay check or last chance saloon.

There are also not many other coaches willing to take on the gig as they can't attract players yet. The sale to the Wests Group this year should change things for them, but they don't really have enough money to buy the league so i guess the Nites will be mid-table to spoon hunting just like us for the next few years.