Page 124 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    McGree looks better in an attacking position

Looks like we may see brown even further up the park with Dimi going away for NT duty??
    Does the full squad go? I thought it would be whittled down to 23 or so.

Personally I don't think Dimi is gonna get much or any game time, so it would be disappointing if he had to miss a couple games to watch from the stands.

With Nabbout gone and if Dimi were to leave too, Roy suspended for the next couple games - could leave our attack quite thin.

Assuming Vargas is not fit to start next game and Pato is - we have a combination of McGree, Pato, Hoffman, Champness? As the front four. Possibly Thurgate or Shabow (what happened to this bloke? unsighted in months)

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Boogaard gone for the season. Regardless of what you think of his ability, can't help but feel for the bloke. Newy boy, captain, and with a great chance of leading the club to some rare glory and it's taken away by nothing but an awkward landing after contesting a header.

If there was any sense of karma, that would have happened to Buijs at the other end.
    Matt Spiranovic is a free agent, $500k extra in the kitty, reunite the ACL winning pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post
    Matt Spiranovic is a free agent, $500k extra in the kitty, reunite the ACL winning pairing.
    That would be a handy replacement

you'll have to run that one by sydney FC and see if they're OK with it

Surely this will be looked into by the club... would be a really great signing for us right now!
    I think we need someone else. I think we have enough depth to cover injuries and suspensions at CB week to week. I don’t think we have the quality to win semi-finals and grand finals.
    Spira would be exactly that. Would really quite suit our style too with his quality of football from the back.
    Oh yeah plus I just love the guy!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Spira would be ideal, Jackson is a decent player but right now not someone I would be confident with going into the finals.

Even without nabbs I’m still feeling confident, Vargas and Pato on the park together should produce some crazy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Spira would be ideal, Jackson is a decent player but right now not someone I would be confident with going into the finals.

Even without nabbs I’m still feeling confident, Vargas and Pato on the park together should produce some crazy shit
    Vargas, Pato + Dimi, the bloke who's been shredding all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

Gotta give Jackson a chance to claim a spot

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Gotta give Jackson a chance to claim a spot
    Earlier in the season I would, coming into finals we need an instant solution. Spiranovic should be said solution.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Earlier in the season I would, coming into finals we need an instant solution. Spiranovic should be said solution.
    Very much this, and if boogs isn’t keen on rejoining the club beyond this season we may be able to lock spira in with this little guest stint

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    One A.Hoole and agent refused to put a release clause in his contract because it would minimise offers.

Jets told him to find a Euro deal if you can.
    I think you've got an extra O in his name

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I think you've got an extra O in his name
    That did cross my mind...

Couldn't have been Hoole then, couldn't cross anything.

Lol

look, i know we don't like hoole, but these kind of comments are ridiculous. he clearly has some ability to cross, how else did he get across the swansea channel?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    look, i know we don't like hoole, but these kind of comments are ridiculous. he clearly has some ability to cross, how else did he get across the swansea channel?

He goes round past Tronno to get to Gosford so he doesn't have to cross anything
    Last edited by baldrick; 07-03-2018 at 07:33 AM.

So Dimi might be going.....

What is the point trying to get a decent squad together. They get poached as soon as we get near top. after 10 years of diarrhea we let decent cunce go and will not have time to replace them.

We are one of the weakest sloppy assed clubs when it comes to retaining a player. fkn hopeless.

In a year where silverware is a possibility they can put their pretentious cheap ass Asian careers on hold for a few months.

Then theres the mofos who for some strange reason like have a cry over caring about the career of players that you hardly know. Theres the bag start eating.

Not worth the time effort dollars. Hope we go out in straight sets now

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    So Dimi might be going.....

What is the point trying to get a decent squad together. They get poached as soon as we get near top. after 10 years of diarrhea we let decent cunce go and will not have time to replace them.

We are one of the weakest sloppy assed clubs when it comes to retaining a player. fkn hopeless.

In a year where silverware is a possibility they can put their pretentious cheap ass Asian careers on hold for a few months.

Then theres the mofos who for some strange reason like have a cry over caring about the career of players that you hardly know. Theres the bag start eating.

Not worth the time effort dollars. Hope we go out in straight sets now
    So do we keep a player who wants to go?

$500k for a player who was no where near socceroos contention, in fact, was a discard of the a-league.. good bit of business. Clubs all over the world have to come endure the same thing.

He fought like a lion when he played for us.

We will find other nabbouts.

The only thing the club will do different now is put larger release clauses in their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So do we keep a player who wants to go?
    Thats it really. We are a very small fish.
    Unfortunately it doesn’t make sense for us to make life difficult.
    What do we do? Play hard ball and say you are staying, he says he wants to go, we say we aren’t selling him, he becomes disgruntled and doesn’t perform or gets frozen out for wanting to leave. Do you sell him on and make a profit or keep him and make him see out his contract and contribute nothing and we pay his wage and get nothing for him.

Unfortunately the players hold all the cards.