Page 22 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Tratt was CB for SFC NYL week in and out. He is a CB who can play RB not the other way around
    NYL is not A League experience is it

Merrick has form in recruiting foreign players. We have never had a Manager with the ability to do that. I am willing to back Merrick on this.

I think if we are realistic on recruitment, this club shops in the bargain basement bin. Bar the marquee, all our recruitment will need to be unfancied oprions with hopefully a point to prove.

I will bet now we don't sign one player from the supposed list in the Herald.

Been thinking that away to utilise the players we have is to play 433

--------------O'Donnovan-------------Kokko

----------------------------Marquee #10

-------------Uga---------------------------------Brown
    --------------------------------New #6

Georgievski---New CB--------Boogs-------------Hoff

--------------------------------Duncan

Res
    New GK
    Koutroumbis
    Kanta
    Nabbout
    Petratos
    Semantics I know but I wouldn't call that 433, a feature of which is the two wingers and lone central striker.
    4312 or 442 diamond perhaps.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be backing him, loving the stability, giving him a chance, giving him the time to build his own squad, etc etc?
    Or was that only Jones?
    I giving him time

I going to be pretty patient with Merrick

I understand it not his fault if we don't make the semis next season

It because of all the shit ****s still in the squad plus the lack of patience from the Chinese Lightsalesman and his Gypo proxy

I hope we make the six

I don't believe it going to happen though

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I giving him time

I going to be pretty patient with Merrick

I understand it not his fault if we don't make the semis next season

It because of all the shit ****s still in the squad plus the lack of patience from the Chinese Lightsalesman and his Gypo proxy

I hope we make the six

I don't believe it going to happen though
    All good mate, just clarifying..
    I don't think any of us really expect miracles to occur, I'm sure most of us are beyond even hoping..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I would say that Antonis (who is available on loan) and Spiranovic are more than competent Aussies who will improve us immesely
    Are these blokes playing in the HAL currently or are they at OS Clubs??

[QUOTE=borat
    Been thinking that away to utilise the players we have is to play 433

--------------O'Donnovan-------------Kokko

----------------------------Marquee #10

-------------Uga---------------------------------Brown
    --------------------------------New #6

Georgievski---New CB--------Boogs-------------Hoff

--------------------------------Duncan

Res
    New GK
    Koutroumbis
    Kanta
    Nabbout
    Petratos[/QUOTE
    that actually works well for us. I'd say we try for spiranovic at centre back, foreign no.6 and use the Chinese spot on no.10
    Also, maybe a risk but I wouldn't include petratos on the bench, have heard he's pretty rubbish. I think you could try nabbout coming on as a striker with Clut replacing petratos on the bench. I would also rather Jackson on the bench over Kanta and johnny k coming on as a midfielder
    Last edited by Mark325; 12-05-2017 at 02:23 PM.

With the contracted players who do you think will actually improve significantly by playing under Ernie rather than Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    With the contracted players who do you think will actually improve significantly by playing under Ernie rather than Jones?
    Nabbout, Brown and Kokko for me

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Semantics I know but I wouldn't call that 433, a feature of which is the two wingers and lone central striker.
    4312 or 442 diamond perhaps.
    That's just how it looks on screen. 433 with 2 strikers and a #10 and a 3 man midfield with one slightly deeper than the other two.

433 doesn't have to be played with 1 central striker. 442 diamond doesn't work in today's football imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Pretty much all of them

And???? Do you think you magically forget to play CB just because you get pushed wide? .....actually that is what happened to Mullen

If you want to stick with experience then re-sign Mullen. ACL winner and all.......

Or we can move on from what doesn't work and sign a quality player, from Sydney, without a club whose former coach is now with us.

Banned
    Most of our blokes would struggle in the NPL anyway

So what if he played NYL at Smurfs and didn't get through

They actually have a strong Yoof program

Tratt done well at Phoenix until he walked out to come back to NSW area

Mitchell Duke is looming likely to be either Holosko or Ibinis replacement at Sydney FC

Ryan Williams has just bee released from Barnsley, would be a good shout for the wide role

The Wanderers didn't release Antonis because they don't want him. They need to strike another loan deal which is what they are trying. There is zero chance Antonis is choosing the Jets over WSW.

Spiranovic is surely not a serious suggestion. Once he finishes the year with Inter he will find another team in Asia or the gulf.

If you want to look at Aussies overseas then look a little deeper. Eastern Europe, South East Asia, Scottish league. There are a few decent players there.

I like the look of Ryan Edwards at Patrick Thistle, Andy Rose at Coventry, James Meridith at Bradford or James Wesolowski who is down in the National league now. All experienced viable Australian options who could be enticed to come home

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    Mitchell Duke is looming likely to be either Holosko or Ibinis replacement at Sydney FC

Ryan Williams has just bee released from Barnsley, would be a good shout for the wide role
    Damn......cmon Lawrie pull your finger out

The Wanderers didn't release Antonis because they don't want him. They need to strike another loan deal which is what they are trying. There is zero chance Antonis is choosing the Jets over WSW.

Spiranovic is surely not a serious suggestion. Once he finishes the year with Inter he will find another team in Asia or the gulf.

If you want to look at Aussies overseas then look a little deeper. Eastern Europe, South East Asia, Scottish league. There are a few decent players there.

I like the look of Ryan Edwards at Patrick Thistle, Andy Rose at Coventry, James Meridith at Bradford or James Wesolowski who is down in the National league now. All experienced viable Australian options who could be enticed to come home
    Spira is with his chinese team in the 2nd division

Sainsbury is with Inter

Spira is with his chinese team in the 2nd division

Sainsbury is with Inter
    Ahh yes my bad. Sainsbury is only on loan with Inter short term due to the change in the foreign rule in China. Will be on the move again in the off season.

Neither will be at the Jets

The thing with loan deals are though, if the Jets outbid WSW the club who he is contracted to will deal with us and not them, and the player does not get a choice. He could turn down the going out on loan but then would likely get frozen out by his club.

Spira's club got relegated to Chinese div 2. I am sure he would be happy to come home. Sainsbury is the one getting splinters at Inter

Ryan Williams is exactly the type of player we should target, especially now he has been released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Ryan Williams is exactly the type of player we should target, especially now he has been released.
    Yup he would be quality