Page 75 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Who needs a CAM? We obviously do. Have the Roar replaced Broich? CCM also have space. WSW even?
    Roar has ben khalfallah and also under scrutiny for the age of their team as is.
    Carrusca is deceptive in terms of his workrate. Cant remember the stat but there was an article about him being up near the top in average kms covered each match. Is prone to the occasional soft tissue injury but used in the right way i think he'd be ideal for us if we could shift one of the plethora of youngins we have. Oz citizen now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Roar has ben khalfallah and also under scrutiny for the age of their team as is.
    Carrusca is deceptive in terms of his workrate. Cant remember the stat but there was an article about him being up near the top in average kms covered each match. Is prone to the occasional soft tissue injury but used in the right way i think he'd be ideal for us if we could shift one of the plethora of youngins we have. Oz citizen now too.
    I picked Kahlfallah to replace Borello or Broich/Oar on the wing. I know he has the ability to play in behind but they could accomodate Carrusca.

The age scrutiny wouldn't be quelled by the signing of Carrusca, you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Isn't our attacking mid supposed to be some 4th rate Brazilian?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I picked Kahlfallah to replace Borello or Broich/Oar on the wing. I know he has the ability to play in behind but they could accomodate Carrusca.

The age scrutiny wouldn't be quelled by the signing of Carrusca, you're right.
    Roar's AM is Holman.

Merrick has also said he wants his AM to be a goalscorer as well. I wouldn't call Carrusca a goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Roar's AM is Holman.

Merrick has also said he wants his AM to be a goalscorer as well. I wouldn't call Carrusca a goalscorer.
    Holman!! Forgot about him.

If it was against us only, I'd call Carrusca a goal-scorer he's Adelaide's all-time leading scorer in fixtures against us.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Roar's AM is Holman.

Merrick has also moved to shift some of tge young players as he thinks we have to many. This would open up a few pozzies for 1 or 2 veterens.

Carlos K. FC is still playing and Ernie loves him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    We also have the largest KFC in the Southern Hemisphere, don't we? Would be a huge attraction for King Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I doubt the defensive midfielders who take on his defensive duties would feel the same though.
    He was lazy in his late 20's so at 35 or so now he's going to be well and truly a burden in this league.
    In Central America where things are less frantic though he'd probably still be somewhat effective.
    Good news though is that he's probably not interested in Australia for family reasons - much like why he left Wellington.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-07-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Saw a video on Facebook today, seems the Chinese trialist has arrived

Seemed to be playing LW, video don't show him really doing anything
    Last edited by Mark325; 24-07-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

it would be good if someone can provide us with some info on these chinese triallists?

They are both male and play football

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

link??

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    link??
    https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/group...group_activity

Hopefully that link works

The trialist was playing in a left wing role. His name I'd pronounced Tu (as in to) but I have know idea of the correct spelling.

Interesting comment from Ernie. He said that he's looking at a player from South America and an attacking midfield from Europe (as was mentioned in the media), but he wasn't saying anything until they had boots on the ground as he doesn't trust agents. It sounded to me he already had his players.

Quote Originally Posted by GrantB View Post
    The trialist was playing in a left wing role. His name I'd pronounced Tu (as in to) but I have know idea of the correct spelling.

Interesting comment from Ernie. He said that he's looking at a player from South America and an attacking midfield from Europe (as was mentioned in the media), but he wasn't saying anything until they had boots on the ground as he doesn't trust agents. It sounded to me he already had his players.
    Interesting....thanks for sharing Grant

Barry Toohey saying we've signed Jake Adelson. Jimmy Gardner saying we'll need to shed Alessi first

Barry Toohey saying we've signed Jake Adelson. Jimmy Gardner saying we'll need to shed Alessi first
    I think Jimmy G is on the money. It would be hypocritical of Ernie Merrick to say "our squad is too imbalanced with youth" and then sign another youth - and a defender to boot, to one of the 3 remaining places without first getting one off the books.

I interpreted Ernie's comments not so much as our squad being too imbalanced with youth, but that we had too many young players whom wouldn't challenge the senior guys for positions.

If we swap Alessi for Adelson, IMO it signals that Alessi was never going to push for a position whereas Adelson has more chance.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I interpreted Ernie's comments not so much as our squad being too imbalanced with youth, but that we had too many young players whom wouldn't challenge the senior guys for positions.

If we swap Alessi for Adelson, IMO it signals that Alessi was never going to push for a position whereas Adelson has more chance.
    Fair point.